Page 55 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted

I dont want old stuff back

Quote Originally Posted by akse View Post
    What a joke post from Blizzard.. Damage control yeah.

I know before (1-3 years ago) all this demand for legacy servers there was a huge amount of posts in Blizz Forums about leveling up being to fast and easy. This Pristine Realms is most likely some old plan they have had to make leveling less fast and easy.

But those exp nerfs should already be in the freaking main game.. the leveling experience is ridiculous.
    First of all people dont want old content feeling relevant any more. Nobody liked idea of time-walking (even though some -me too- think its ok to do it from time to time) because most of us have played Wow many years and are bored with old content that we have already farmed so much in past. Wow is stuck in going to old stuff all the time. We had remake of Dead Mines and other dungeons. People werent too happy and most asked about why no new content is being made instead. Every time an armor tier look a bit alike older one people dislike it too.

I agree that xp is way too fast gained, especially during first 60 levels. I would prefer that these first 60 levels go slow (bit faster than during BC) so that people could both do quests in many zones and do LFG. Now you do 3 LFG and lvl up 5 levels so all quests become green. There are plenty of different leveling zones up to 60 but then its mostly one or other zone and at times just 1 zone to level. I would prefer if 60-90 were going very fast. They have least of diverse content.

People are unhappy that its more than year since last patch with new raid but they want pristine Vanilla with no new content ever. Contradiction. I bet if Blizzard fixed that Vanilla server people would whine that they want new, vanilla style content at scheduled times. Vanilla is not that much of content if you have leveled more than few alts in past and nostalgia can live a month or two. What then? If people cannot handle 1 year of no new stuff how will they handle Vanilla with no new things ever? Or do they expect Blizzard to give out content both for Vanilla and main game?

I think that Blizzard is in uneasy position having 100 levels, plenty of zones and making it still feel both challenging and not too slow. Imagine having to level 6 months to level up to 100. Would people do it? Imagine having to grind to gain level as quests wouldnt be enough to level up. I wouldnt do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    You can't compare old UBRS to new. Somehow I bet you never even did old UBRS

You know why they remade it? Bc it was hot garbage
    Confirmed for not playing the game. YOU haven't played it in Vanilla cause you should know WHY they changed it not, even those in panda land they changed it due to story reasons nothing else.

Deleted
    people who voted NO dont know how to setup private server vanilla i feel bad for you guys! #prayfornonbelivers

Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    it will always be a MMO

RPG is subjective, in short is a game in which players assume the roles of characters in a fictional setting.

OS =/= Game (or even game platform)
    OS == Software == Game. AS much as you want to argue, it will be harder to maintain sunset OS software than sunset Game software. They are both codes on a machine requiring user input and output. I'm not going to change your opinion and there is no way to change mind but that Reddit post is no where near the mark and completely wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    Let's not kid ourselves. Vanilla has little to do with it. The predominant reason those people play in there is because it's free.
    Lets not kid ourselves i have gametime in blizz for 2 years ahead and the expansion and i still play private servers , like most of my friends . Moving on .

I'm now at the stage that no matter what Blizz came up with, the rose tinted brigade would just hate on it anyway even if it was exactly what they wanted. I think it's time for Blizz and the likes of Twitch to stop fucking around with the protagonists and start swinging the ban hammer. The community from all the pro legacy protagonists is getting toxic. Enough is enough.

Legion is looking like it's fixed a lot of the things people bitched and moaned about with WoD. They've addressed content, Professions, dungeons meaning something and getting out in the world again, with many quests needing parties or mini raids to complete. Stop living in the past, and try and improve the future of WoW instead of turning it toxic.

Faaaaaaaaaaaaark I'm over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Airbag888 View Post
    At worst they should make a server with no CRZ in current content zones, no server xfers after a moratory say 2 weeks or faction changes or name changes. we'd be able to form a community that's not shifting all the time. Right now everyone you meet is almost just another name in the crowd. Names used to matter and mean something in vanilla
    They won't release it cause it will make LEGION irrelevant... Everything is focus on raiding and these artifacts, they are essentially removing alts and homogenzing classes to the point where what is the point of playing alts besides your favourite class, the exact opposite of what they are doing.... It's essentially they adapted making a hero in Legaue of Legends into World of Warcraft cause I bet the third spec of Demon Hunter was gonna be a Healer branch.

I hope they refuse to open up a vanilla server, then sue the shit out of the idiots that ran nostalrius and that asshole mark kern for defamation.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydan79 View Post
    Confirmed for not playing the game. YOU haven't played it in Vanilla cause you should know WHY they changed it not, even those in panda land they changed it due to story reasons nothing else.
    Thanks for the laugh. lol! Apparently you're an expert on me playing classic WoW. Sorry, but you're wrong. I played in classic. ): UBRS was awful, you can bring up storyline or whatever, honestly, it just fucking sucked and they wanted to have a dungeon for WoD in black rock mountain for the whole Orc vibe and zaelas storm wind destruction plan. They wanted iron horde instead general drak and Rend

best part is that you can sit around insulting everyone who doesn't think exactly like you do, and it doesn't change the fact that all 500 of you wont get your legacy server. Bc that's how many of you would actually PAY to play a classic server when new retail content comes out. Blizzard has done the research, if it was profitable it would've already been done. You just don't get it do you

Lol
    H Tichondrius - V I S C E R A L

people citing a software engineer on reddit talking about it being impossible to get battlenet to work with a vanilla legacy server... complete bs.
    Why is there no dungeon finder for 840 Mythic "1" dungeons? Mythic 1 dungeons are simply the old pre-legion heroic dungeon difficulty, renamed. just like in WoD they renamed each MoP raid difficulty to sound harder.

Deleted
    Current WoW = ok.
    Original Vanilla WoW = different than Current WoW = ok.
    Pristine Server = noe Current WoW, nor Vanilla WoW = not ok.

The poll is misleading.

It shouldn't be asking the couple of million that sill play on pristine servers, it should be fishing for resubs. How many of you unsubbed two months in to WoD and would come back to play on a pristine? *raises hand* now that vote would count.

I also think the pristine server idea is only tackling two issues. No xrealm, XP requirements and no silly BoA's will mean players have a change to get to know each other whilst levelling again...creating bonds and friendships once again. The other giving back the sense of accomplishment, and something for players to work towards that will be rewarding...not deflated by rolling a lvl 100 in a week.

What could further compliment this server concept
    1. no cross char achievements
    2. land mounts 60% at 40, 100% at 60 (and ideally bring back the pally and warlock dreadsteed and charger quest lines)
    3. flying granted at 70 with only a max speed reduced back to 60% (to be only used on flying areas and missions) >

I miss the days of raiding UBRS in a 10man, for those shiny BLUE dungeon loots.

Yes, Blue loot.

The group i gathered always listened to what i say, were patient and were generally cool, chill dudes. We had no problems spending an hour in UBRS, sometimes more. Most times, I would kite Drakk but sometimes another person would volunteer, it was fun.

Cursing out that dude who would always kill an NPC during town raids, we ALWAYS had a Dishonourable Kill during world pvp. :/

Having a rivalry with that guy you met in WSG who would always kill you in pvp.

I won't lie, i would play again but just to see whats up.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floreon View Post
    I hope they refuse to open up a vanilla server, then sue the shit out of the idiots that ran nostalrius and that asshole mark kern for defamation.
    Why? Why are you so passionately against it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnrex View Post
    Blizzard doesn't want it separate from battle net
    Then we have a problem. You can't have everything. Vanilla didn't suffer from all the crap they've added in past years, so i say no bnet is a blessing. Or just let Nostalrius live without greed killing fun and last little respect people had for this company before it turned into greed before players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fauier View Post
    Then we have a problem. You can't have everything. Vanilla didn't suffer from all the crap they've added in past years, so i say no bnet is a blessing. Or just let Nostalrius live without greed killing fun and last little respect people had for this company before it turned into greed before players.
    too bad everyone constantly insults blizz and say all other shit about them so to late for that.

Deleted
    Don't get Pristine and Classic/Vanilla servers mixed up. Their idea of a Pristine server is just to remove all the stupid additions to the game that they listed, and reduce the levelling cap. You would still have all the new abilities, stats, and Raids/Dungeons that have been altered throughout all of the expansions and updates. Therefore, it would not be the same as classic. Basically it would be Legion/WoD without the expansion content and you would level much slower. So the idea of a Pristine server sounds terrible. We want classic/Vanilla/Legacy servers, not this!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MayronEU View Post
    Don't get Pristine and Classic/Vanilla servers mixed up. Their idea of a Pristine server is just to remove all the stupid additions to the game that they listed, and reduce the levelling cap. You would still have all the new abilities, stats, and Raids/Dungeons that have been altered throughout all of the expansions and updates. Therefore, it would not be the same as classic. Basically it would be Legion/WoD without the expansion content and you would level much slower. So the idea of a Pristine server sounds terrible. We want classic/Vanilla/Legacy servers, not this!
    They are just pure assholes, we had vanilla server and they ruined it and now want to give us this shit pristince crap. It's like arguing with retards that cant learn how to read or count to 10.

And this is what annoys me about the whole thing. Blizzard are tearing Nostalrius down yet they aren't doing it themselves nor are they coming up with a solution to the challenge/problem. They complain that it'd take too much resource to create and support other versions yet when someone comes along and does it for them, they tear them down!

The 4th paragraph in the statement just says it all for me: it's all about money/power. It's not about safeguarding WoW from a gaming perspective but purely from a financial perspective. Why? Because Nostalrius are not a competitor with Blizzard from a gaming perspective. In spite using an emulated version of one of their creations, Blizzard don't have a Classic realm so there's no competition. If Blizzard had a Classic WoW offering then I'd completely understand but otherwise it's a cold and nasty decision made by the moneymen at their business.

And unfortunately those moneymen seem to be getting more and more power in the gaming industry.
    Last edited by Aqueous; 2016-04-27 at 12:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaxy View Post
    Thanks for the laugh. lol! Apparently you're an expert on me playing classic WoW. Sorry, but you're wrong. I played in classic. ): UBRS was awful, you can bring up storyline or whatever, honestly, it just fucking sucked and they wanted to have a dungeon for WoD in black rock mountain for the whole Orc vibe and zaelas storm wind destruction plan. They wanted iron horde instead general drak and Rend

best part is that you can sit around insulting everyone who doesn't think exactly like you do, and it doesn't change the fact that all 500 of you wont get your legacy server. Bc that's how many of you would actually PAY to play a classic server when new retail content comes out. Blizzard has done the research, if it was profitable it would've already been done. You just don't get it do you

Lol
    You meant the Catalysm storyline was done and dusted with the chromatic drakes and Deathwing but you seem to forgot about that, UBRS wasn't shit, the classes in Vanilla wow IMHO were extremely underdeveloped that made it shit for me. The UBRS in vanilla was more challenging than 75% of the raid bosses in new WOW back in the days. Of course you still don't understand the term "EXPANSION" and haven't addressed it... I recite it again Expansion is meant to expand the game not make another game with an existing system and make the old content irrelevant which Blizzard has done time and time again and now they are putting in Diablo items with legendaries you can find in world drops and keystone dungeons like in Diabo III might as well call it World of diablocraft.

Your the one whose been insulting people throughout this thread. Giving the fact that you just don't get why they won't release a legacy server, cause it will have two contenting products released at the same time (Legion has less than 5 million players and Nostra whatever it called is expanding ) and they DEFINITELY don't want something like a free legacy server against a premium product which they spent years on. There's more community on this forum and even between you and me talking back and forth than what is going on in WOW at the moment.

And what's this insulting business? Your the one who keeps on saying Legacy is shit and yet you spent all your time posting trying to incite flamewars and pretending that current WOW is good. If it was so good why are you still on trying to play on people's emotions? Treating as this as a twitter page or something.