Thread: Pokemon, Part 2

They really need to bring the old move tutors of FR/LG and DPPt back in S&M. I want defog on my mons, ffs.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    They really need to bring the old move tutors of FR/LG and DPPt back in S&M. I want defog on my mons, ffs.
    I agree with that. The few moves from gen 4 and earlier that'd be nice to have as tutor moves/TMs:
    - Softboiled (TM, gen I)
    - Explosion (TM, gen I)
    - Tri Attack (TM, gen I)
    - Mega Punch (TM, gen I)
    - Mega Kick (TM, gen I)
    - Defog (HM, gen IV)
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)

10+ Year Old Account
    You can get Explosion in Gen 6

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ðemonhuntr View Post
    You can get Explosion in Gen 6
    Oh haha, my bad... Ah well, the rest still stands.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR

10+ Year Old Account
    Tri-Attack is one of my favorite moves. I love using Dodrio in FR/LG.

Got some leaked footage of GO.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Urg, got around 80 or so pokemon to go til my National Dex is done for OR, does anyone else feel it's quite the drag to do?
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

I'm curious, did anyone play Yo-kai Watch and how did you like it?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Urg, got around 80 or so pokemon to go til my National Dex is done for OR, does anyone else feel it's quite the drag to do?
    Well, I can imagine it would be quite a lot of work to do from scratch. I had my dex almost complete in gen 5, so I had to only get about 90 or so pokemon in gen 6.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    I'm curious, did anyone play Yo-kai Watch and how did you like it?
    Tried demo...didnt like it one bit. Mostly since you have no control over monsters...and hand starts to hurt fast when you try to do those minigames.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Got some leaked footage of GO.

Looks pretty bleghhhh...
    I wont be suprised if this game comes out with a shop. You want masterball? Only 50$!!
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It will come with ingame purchases without a doubt, same as Ingress. However at least in there the prices are not so crazy like in some other games, not to mention you can play easily without buying stuff from the shop at all. My wild guess would be extra evolving shards, extra balls etc. Nothing you have to buy as you can grind them out, just saves you time. And considering they have to make a profit somehow and the game being free to play, it makes perfect sense there would be microtransactions inside.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, Japan is getting 2 new 3ds themes: one is Ash-Greninja, and the other is a theme feature Red and Green/Blue. Which seems a bit wierd, with the Red and Blue anniversary being a few months ago, unless there is something I'm missing?

All of the other themes seem to relevant; Volcanion/Magiana theme for movie, Ash-ninja because anime main plotpoint, and then the general cutesy artsy pokemon themes.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nibúeanor View Post
    It will come with ingame purchases without a doubt, same as Ingress. However at least in there the prices are not so crazy like in some other games, not to mention you can play easily without buying stuff from the shop at all. My wild guess would be extra evolving shards, extra balls etc. Nothing you have to buy as you can grind them out, just saves you time. And considering they have to make a profit somehow and the game being free to play, it makes perfect sense there would be microtransactions inside.
    Better just to get a new pokemon game tho...
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurenburger View Post
    Well, I can imagine it would be quite a lot of work to do from scratch. I had my dex almost complete in gen 5, so I had to only get about 90 or so pokemon in gen 6.
    I'm just glad Event 'mons aren't needed to get the shiny charm. I still find it retarded how everyone and their mum wants something you can't trade on the GTS without some form of powersave or what ever.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Better just to get a new pokemon game tho...
    Hm, I don't understand you right now. Do you complain there will be microtransactions within PGO or that you have nothing to play right now? Including of microtransactions has nothing to do with releasing PGO or main game at all.

So, this was posted by TV Tokyo on YT:

What the actual fuck is going on with Greninja? Since it apparently has added features, then it must be a mega in the end.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the end, GreninjAsh, Mega-Rayquaza and Mega Evolutions are all different names for the same thing, IMO.

Mega Evolutions are self explanatory - Keystone + Mega stone + bond = Mega Evolution

Mega Rayquaza is a bit different, utilizing a wish with a Keystone, not requiring a Mega stone, and requiring a move - Keystone + Wish + Dragon Ascent + Rayquaza = Mega Evolution.

GreninjAsh seems to be a spiritual/emotional form of the more modern Mega Evolution - Human + Pokemon + strong bond = form change of some description.
    And, it's not exclusive to Ash, as it's happened before in the Past, as referenced ingame in XY (coincidentally involving a Froakie). So, it's either something having to do with the Greninja family, or there is an alternate route to achieving "Mega Evolution"
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

Mega rayquaza isn't that complicated, he actually swallowed the mega stone. The move is there for technical reasons in the game, because only that one rayquaza swallowed the stone
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The only part that interests me is if it's just a cosmetic, or it's an actual evolution. If it's an evolution, we might be looking to mega-evolutions for gen 6 starters (or just Greninja like with Blaziken) that boost their stats.

Seeing as Greninja's appearance changes a lot and has extra features, we could assume that this is an actual mega for 7th gen.