Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    it is more just what you feel the character you want to play is. it is a gut feeling.
    Hi

I pick females usually just because they look much better than the male models in my opinion.

I had a female character in Ultima Online and I wasn't sure where to buy a boat from, so I asked outside of a bank and someone took me there and I didn't have the gold, so I was like, don't have the gold, i'll have to come back and they hooked me up. They were flirting the whole time. After, they asked if i had other toons and I told him my main, he was like... oh, you're that guy... damn. I lol'd.

Ever since, it's been a bit of a 50/50 in games.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zakarikz View Post
    When choosing your character do you choose male/female because of your own gender or is for other reasons?
    Mostly for what I think would look best with that class first, race second, and then perhaps some variety for the sake of it.

I play female 'cuz I am one :P
    I have tried to play male, but it feels weird. I have made some males for names etc. tho.
    Like old snake and I made a male Troll to play in a troll guild with Jesse Cox once, but I never got to lvling.

Deleted
    When you make enough chars it is difficult to not have both genders, in my case i have both, but not a male priest and not a female warrior, somehow for those classes i am very strict with the genre, i do not have a female DK but that is just coincidence, not a decission.
    I am far more resilient to have certain races though, most my chars are human or blood elf, i do tolerate high elf females, and male orcs, but no tauren,gnome,goblin,troll; one dwarf and one worgen that i would gladly change to human or high elf, and two undeads, a DK that is ok and a warlock that i would change for a blood elf.
    So as you can see i am very picky with races, but not with gender.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Pretty much only factor for me is race. NE = Female, Dwarf = Male etc.

Deleted
    I much prefer playing male characters, it helps me with immersion. Especially if NPCs in the game react differently based on the main character's gender. For example I could never play as female Shepard in Mass Effect, and have romance with your male sidekicks (or turning her into lesbian...)

BUT in WoW all my characters are female, simply because ALL dudes on Alliance side look absolutely disgusting. Fat midgets, or steroid abusing abominations with angry wrinkled faces. Aesthetics are just as important immersion for me. In a perfect world (of warcraft), I would prefer to play as good looking, YOUNG, male character. Since that is not possible atm, I have to settle for good looking females :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I had a female character in Ultima Online and I wasn't sure where to buy a boat from, so I asked outside of a bank and someone took me there and I didn't have the gold, so I was like, don't have the gold, i'll have to come back and they hooked me up. They were flirting the whole time. After, they asked if i had other toons and I told him my main, he was like... oh, you're that guy... damn. I lol'd.

Ever since, it's been a bit of a 50/50 in games.
    Yeah that was a thing ten or more years ago, but nowadays i do not think so.

Back in the day it was pretty much 50/50 for my characters.

Nowadays my goal is to only have one of every single race/gender combination, simply to keep my characters unique from one another. Can only make so many *insert race/gender combo* characters before they just become bland copies of one another, in my opinion anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly girl chars I think.

Last guy "main" char I had was when I played Tera as a warrior wannabe tank. In WoW I've only had guy characters as alts.

To me, girls just end up looking way cooler most of the time. Better outfits, better poses and animations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyranader View Post
    Alliance
    Human - Both
    Dwarf - Male
    Draenei - Both
    Worgen - Male
    Night Elf - Female
    Gnome - Female

Horde
    Blood Elf - Both
    Troll - Both
    Orc - Male
    Undead- Female
    Tauren - Male
    Goblin - Both

Pandaren - Both
    Interesting, i will put my own.

ALLIANCE

Human-both
    Dwarf-male
    Draenei-female
    Worgen-male
    Night elf-female
    Gnome-None

HORDE

Blood elf-both
    Troll-None
    Orc-male
    undead-both
    Tauren-None
    Goblin-None

And finally Pandaren-None

7+ Year Old Account
    Female only cause has breast.

I always choose characters appropriate to my gender if I am given the option. It is the only way to have 100% immersion into a game.
    In a game like WoW, gender is the only tether which connects you to yourself outside of the game - it is one of the few things which you and your character share when you pick for example a tauren shaman.
    (Obviously you could pick human characters but they're so meh in a fantasy game for me.)
    You can be diverse races and classes but gender defines who you are in the real world, which then translates over into the game world.
    Last edited by WhiteEagle888; 2016-04-27 at 01:39 PM.

Deleted
    I'm male, I play male, because I like to identify with my characters. No matter how liberal I am when it comes to gender identification, I personally simply can't identify with a female toon.

I actually played a female gnome mage with pink pigtails for a long time though, but that was mostly for fun in Vanilla when, with closed server communities, everyone knew each other and I was the unofficial Horde carebear movement mascot

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    Fuck I've seen exact same line bajillion times. It's so frickin lame and so much bullshit.
    Is it tho? IS IT?

This isn't the only outfit with a pretty clear view of the ass area, and this isn't the only game which such outfits.

Sorry, maintenance atm, so I couldn't log in and take a normal screenshot, this is an old character potrait. (So low res)

To answer OP:
    I play both, it highly depends on the game / race.

In wow, I play lots of different chars:
    Alliance
    Human - Both
    Dwarf - Male
    Draenei - Female
    Worgen - Both (only have a female tho)
    Night Elf - Female
    Gnome - Male

Horde
    Blood Elf - Female
    Troll - Male
    Orc - Male
    Undead- Male
    Tauren - Both
    Goblin - Male

In blade and soul, I have a Yun and a female Lyn
    Last edited by Quibble; 2016-04-27 at 02:38 PM.
    "Everything always changes. The best plan lasts until the first arrow leaves the bow." - Matrim Cauthon

I select my real gender

I have 2 male chars and the rest female, partly because of my own gender. But mainly because most of my chars were made before the model revamp when males looked atrocious. Def rolling a male DH though.

Quote Originally Posted by Apolyc View Post
    Biggest bull reason. No way in hell you spend THAT much time looking at your character's ass. And if you do, I feel nothing but pity for you.
    All hail the edgelord

It depends. For aesthetic reasons i find myself often chosing female characters. If i have to look at my char for hunderts of hours, i might as well make one that is pleasing to my eye. Another criterion for me is the theme. This is why i decided on a tauren warrior, an undead warlock etc. The class fits the race. For example a gnome warrior would be a no go for me personally.

My own gender is secondary to this, i would say overall my char rotation is fity-fifty when it comes to male/female characters across all games.