Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Maybe their diet was wrong - then they get problems with their anal glands. Google yourself, this is the wrong place for that.
    A dog having an itch once, IS NOT SICK! Please, educate yourself. I've had a dog with anal gland infection and believe me, that's not a dog that just drags his ass across the carpet once or twice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe their diet was wrong - then they get problems with their anal glands. Google yourself, this is the wrong place for that.
    Such a mix up..
    Most commonly they scratch across the floor to get rid of some shit that doesn't fall on its own. And the reason for that is almost always hair.
    Dogs wash themselves, and other objects and with that get hair in their digestive tract. On occasion that causes some stuff not fall off the anus because a hair is too long and holds it back like a thread.. What you are talking about would be an ongoing condition.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I am so glad you posted this so I didn't have too.

Well played. Bloody hell..every inane topic can be flipped to be Blizzard's fault
    This guy gets it. Its all you entitled whiners fault the animations for pets ended up this way. You are the reason for everything thats wrong with WoW. Not like there is anything wrong with WoW. Just in case.

7+ Year Old Account
    "a man itches his balls" OMFG THAT MAN MUST BE DIEING OF STDS!

come on really... complaining about a animation of a dog scratching its butt? yes this can come from worms, yes this can come from infection

but it can also come from a dog having a itchty butt, or abit of poop stuck

also who cares yeah it sucks if our dog is mabye abit sick, but where running around fighting wars, we dont have time to get our dogs dewormed :P.... oh god... lava worms.... ummmmm

also we get a normal cogi for the 12 year anniversary

also only a few dog models do this, the ones based on the pug... and its funny when you see it for the first time, i remember in wrath when i got the pug i laughed my ass off then seeing the molten corgi do it made me laugh insanely hard

this lava corgi, the new corgi, and the pug are the only 3 dogs who do it im pretty sure, the wolves pet dont, would you rather they sit and lick their own groins?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I just wanted to add value to this otherwise pretty uninteresting thread.

Imagine Eminem rapping that, or maybe growled in a Death Metal voice.
    I did it. Don't regret it.
    Woóds
    <Angered>
    Draenor EU
    Twitter

Well, Cats > Dogs, so I don't see a problem here.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Sollution is simple, do not use the pet. end of story, serious complaining about this shows how pathatic avarage wow player is at this moment and why the game is ruined and dumbed down to moron levels so much over the years.

7+ Year Old Account
    When I first saw the dog pets in WoW I was happy but then I saw them do this animation over and over:

Dogs do this when their anus itches and it usually has two main reasons and both mean they are sick. First is they are having worms and the other is they have an anal glands infection. This animation shows how the dog tries to scratch his butt. I think that is pretty disgusting and sad at the same time.
    I hope Blizzard will add a new dog pet that does not have this animation and others instead. How about a playful one:

Yes, it's a minor problem and some of you will reply "we have much more important problems in the game", but I still would like to have a puppy dog pet that does not smear (lava) feeces on the ground every few seconds.
    Just wanted to provide some clarification that the animation you are referring to is a behavior in dogs that usually DOES NOT indicate sickness. Dogs have anal glands which are usually expressed with normal defecation, but sometimes those glands are not expressed and become itchy. As a result the dog exhibits this behavior to scratch its butt. Usually those glands will go back to normal without any medical intervention. However, if you see your dog doing this excessively or for a prolonged amount of time (several weeks-months) it is time to see a vet as the conditions the OP references could be occurring.

In the name of equality and fairness, Blizzard should alter the cat pets to occassionally hock up hairballs.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the core hound pup has a roll over animation.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    We are allowed to say things lightly, right? No..apparently not. A pet wiping his arse has to end up in a mudfight about everything wrong with WoW and laying 100% blame on one side.
    Apparently we cant, with the usual whiteknight squad instantly swarming a thread complaining about a pet animation with instant personal insults against the OP and then projecting their own derailing on le evil haterz.
    Last edited by mmoc36f28662f1; 2016-04-27 at 04:27 PM.

Actually, dogs CAN do that for the very simple reason that it's itchy, just like every other animal sometimes experiences itching in the nether regions...besides, it's a dog in a game on a constant animation loop, so I wouldn't put much thought into it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    Sollution is simple, do not use the pet. end of story, serious complaining about this shows how pathatic avarage wow player is at this moment and why the game is ruined and dumbed down to moron levels so much over the years.
    And it wasn't on "moron levels" when it first came out, right?
    It's always been 12+, it's always been considered a casual mmorpg, and there was a time when being able to weave 1 ability with auto-attacks + not standing in fire was considered the height of skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    "I don't like this virtual dog wiping his butt on the floor in an obvious joke, it must be sick" (its a dog cliche for gods sakes)
    "I want some normal pets in my game filled with magic flying dragons with interdimensional demons!" (Ignoring the literally oodles of pets we have that are completely normal)
    Yes, all of this is extremely important. TO THE INTERNET!

two main reasons and both mean they are sick.
    The third reason being negative attention seeking, like my one asshole dog.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Fieranda View Post
    First of all: I want to use a dog puppy pet. So your solution is no solution.

Second of all: I'm not an average WoW player since I play the game since release and cleared with my guilds every single encounter the game offered (except Mannoroth and Archimonde mythic - but we got Mannoroth down to 2% last week).

Third: If you think Mythic raiding is easy compared to vanilla raids, then you are the the moron here.

PS: I had a bunny rabbit pet with me when we cleared Nax40. So pets are not something new in WoW and not a sign of anything negative. You even got a panda pet with the vanilla collectors edition.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazing this thread is still going. People must be really bored. I have no problem with the dog butt surfing lava where ever it goes, I ignore it. In fact if you really sit and analyze (no pun intended) a pixel dog on a loop spreading lava whenever it's butt itches....okie dokie. How about a Shaman in ghost wolf form? They sit and scratch their fleas, or do they have mange and need to be put down? Something to ponder

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, I was looking for a good reason to turn my 'puter off and go outside today. This thread is about a good a reason as any...
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

7+ Year Old Account
    That's like saying "If a dog's nose is dry, it's definitely sick." Hell, I get an itchy butthole every now and again, doesn't mean I'm sick...

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone really care about a companions animation
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Does anyone really care about a companions animation
    Three in this thread alone do. So the answer is: Yes.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!