Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If that WERE what was going to happen, it would be Kasich making the announcement, not Cruz. Kasich would announce he was dropping out, and encourage his supporters to throw their weight behind Cruz, and then Cruz would announce Kasich as his VP candidate.

Which would still be vastly premature at this stage.
    So, swap the roles: Cruz announcing he is dropping out and encouraging his supporter to support Kasich.

Does it make sense? No.
    Is it possible? Yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    I don't understand this thinking Sanders is some type of angel. He likely has his own share of dirty laundry.
    Which we haven't heard about, if he does. We've heard plenty of dirty laundry on every other politician in the race, which is why I singled him out as "except possibly."

Either way, I don't know why Clinton gets so much more abuse.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenonis View Post
    Rumor has it he's announcing a VP pick.

For people who are saying how dumb it is aren't seeing the strategy here...both Kasich and Cruz know they cannot win enough delegates to win on the first ballot. Their entire goal at this point is to prevent Trump from picking up enough to lock down the nomination on the first ballot.

Trump just swept 5 states -- what better way to break the media buzz and energize your supporters than picking a VP pick and getting media talking about you again? It's a really smart strategy actually.

The rumored pick of Fiorina is a little surprising though. I would have thought she'd make a good Trump VP pick with the whole business/outsider thing. Really makes you wonder who Trump will pick.
    Little early to be playing that card no? He can only play it once and maybe this is the best time to play it but I'd save it for later .
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Fiorina I doubt would be interested. Trump will likely pick somebody who wasn't a part of the race.
    But who? That's the question!

Maybe Trump will pick Carson? I'm trying to think who he'd pick that would undo some of the damage he's done with relationships to minority and women voters. Rubio would be one pick, but he'd almost have to pick someone also anti-establishment in order to maintain any credibility on that front.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    He is the most hated Senator, true. But Trump is hated by the RNC even more, and is considered a greater danger to the Party.
    na hes been playng a role hes been con man all hes life even a actor in 10 movies +the apreantice how do you expect the south to vote for a rich billionaire who cheates the system he had to invent somone that the people would like just search John Baron +Trump he pretended for years to be John Baron to con pepole

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Little early to be playing that card no? He can only play it once and maybe this is the best time to play it but I'd save it for later .
    No, now is exactly the time to be playing that card. Nearly everything about stopping Trump rests on Indiana which Cruz may win -- and it's this Tuesday, so it's now or never time.

10+ Year Old Account

Maybe Trump will pick Carson? I'm trying to think who he'd pick that would undo some of the damage he's done with relationships to minority and women voters. Rubio would be one pick, but he'd almost have to pick someone also anti-establishment in order to maintain any credibility on that front.
    I don't think Rubio could stomach Trump as a running mate. Rubio is young enough that he can wait and run again without having to play second fiddle to a man he clearly despises.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump would never pick Carson, could you imagine that man in a VP debate? What a debacle that would be .
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    na hes been playng a role hes been con man all hes life even a actor in 10 movies +the apreantice how do you expect the south to vote for a rich billionaire who cheates the system he had to invent somone that the people would like just search John Baron +Trump he pretended for years to be John Baron to con pepole
    And all that is irrelevant when it comes to a nomination battle at the convention.

I also think it's incredibly amusing that "my candidate is a con man and a liar" is now a positive selling point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trump would never pick Carson, could you imagine that man in a VP debate? What a debacle that would be .
    Trump is going to pick either Carson or Christie.
    Mark my words.
    And both will definitely have a position in his administration.

A third candidate could be Rubio. But if that guy has 2 cents worth of dignity, he will refuse.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account

Carson wouldn't be bad. Carson was my first pick before Trump. I think he is a good man in a very honest way.

Trump needs a minority or a woman. Or both.

Wouldn't that explode heads?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Trump is going to pick either Carson or Christie.
    Mark my words.
    And both will definitely have a position in his administration.

A third candidate could be Rubio. But if that guy has 2 cents worth of dignity, he will refuse.
    I doubt Christie, I don't Trump has respect for Christie.

Meanwhile, I know Trump has respect for Carson.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kaisch and Cruz are kind of like those guys in an RTS who you beat up, yet they still continue to try to build a command center / town hall / base with 1 worker left on the edge of the map...

And drag a defeat on for far longer than appropriate.
    Oh jeez, I just imagined Ted Cruz lifting his CC off and flying it to the corner after losing a base race.
    I do that just out of spite. I once dragged a game on another 25 minutes.

Felt good to waste the others time.
    To be fair, I've watched a few older SC2 GSL games where people won after doing this. Both sides wiped out and unable to mine any more, but still had units. Fly CC off into the corner and use ravens to slowly chip away at the other guy.

But really, back on topic, I actually can't think of anything he'd be announcing. I don't think he'll quit the race, as that goes directly against what him and Kas just did in splitting the states hoping for a brokered convention.

There may not be a later and absorbing K's points brings him closer to Tramp's points making it actually harder for Trump to pull off a victory at convention since he would be using the, "I have double the delegates of Cruz so I should be picked" argument, not that he won't be using the, "I'll start a riot if you don't" argument.

Its not unheard of as a political tactic.

The mistake people make is assuming that since they voted that who they voted for in the primary is an actual legally binding vote that the party is ignoring and it is not a legally binding vote. It is a suggestion to the party unless someone hits 1230 points. Hell most states don't even get to vote in the primary because traditionally the nominee is decided much sooner than this. The party can choose who they think is most likely to win and avoid having to nominate someone who was elected on a cult of personality who can't win or doesn;t know what they are doing. The reason why they decide is because they are the ones who have earned a place at the table to decide the path of the party rather than voters because frankly if Tramp went on an independant ticket you could tomorrow decide to vote independant, voters are not loyal to the party like the people running the party are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Oh jeez, I just imagined Ted Cruz lifting his CC off and flying it to the corner after losing a base race.

To be fair, I've watched a few older SC2 GSL games where people won after doing this. Both sides wiped out and unable to mine any more, but still had units. Fly CC off into the corner and use ravens to slowly chip away at the other guy.

But really, back on topic, I actually can't think of anything he'd be announcing. I don't think he'll quit the race, as that goes directly against what him and Kas just did in splitting the states hoping for a brokered convention.
    If Cruz quit, I promise you even the la-la land Kaisch would as well.

I don't think it is likely, but it is a possibility.

Fiorina was spotted in Indianapolis. I think it's about to Cruz/Fiorina.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    What's wrong with Fiorina? I actually liked Fiorina...
    Nothing wrong with Fiorina per se, but I would think if he announces a VP it will be someone who will bring more voters to his side such as Rubio or possible Bush. Fiorina had a relatively smaller following.

...plus I know dems loathe conservative minorities or women, so it's a double win.
    /eyeroll

Strawman much?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    That's my thinking too.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

7+ Year Old Account
    Actually an appealing ticket.

My two biggest grips with Cruz is the fact he is extreme religious, and the fact he comes off as a standard slimy politician. other than that, I find him solid.

Yeah, some of the pundits are predicted that as well. But, it could also just be she was interviewed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Fiorina makes sense because she is a woman and could attack Clinton without being labeled sexist or whatever as a man would be in attacking Clinton.