Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    Locked in patrol cars?

- Risk of break-in and theft of a very dangerous weapon
    - Not practical in the case of a mass shooting

This is silly. And dangerous.
    yeah 'cause i'm sure they'll just be laying there in the back seat.

never heard of a car safe?

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post

Every cop car I have ever looked in had a shotgun mounted near the driver facing up. They are locked so its a non-issue. If they can trust that lock to work while they let murderers sit in the back seat, they can trust some high school kid can't break in the car and get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daryl Dixon View Post

I think in a scenario where there's a school shooting, I'd rather the officer immediately engage the shooter with his sidearm rather than run to his car, open the trunk, open the car safe, load the magazine, then make his way back to the shooter before engaging.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

"Police decide officers at schools should have the same gear as the other officers." Why is this news?

I'd rather they focus on improving schools by doing something more to identify and/or remove potentially problemetic students. Both at school and at home, really.

The fact that metal detectors are now a common sight on schools in the United States is not only sad, but embarrassing.

10+ Year Old Account
    'Richard Payne, director of security' Born for this!

Or alternatively, he could have been born to do commercials for medication....Dick Payne.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

"This is where the students can eat their lunch, and right next to it is the School Armory"

"wait, wait what, armory? at a school?"

"Yes and next to that is the missile launch silos"

fucking America.

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it's true. It's 100% true. Pistol grips help the user stabilize the firearm. Plus, they allow you to keep your palm on the grip while performing other critical functions. A straight stock simply doesn't allow that.
    Spoken like someone who has never handled a firearm, what critical function do they allow you to do that a straight stock wouldn't? Please, enlighten us.
    This is just flat out false. Barrel shrouds are capable of completely encircling a firearm barrel. Maybe you should do more research.
    Very, very rarely, and not in use by any military except on full power rifle caliber, beltfed machineguns (specifically Germany's MG3) which has no use for a traditional handguard, which would far more effective at what a barrel shroud does, but weighs more... On the average rifle (or shotgun), barrel shrouds cover the top of the barrel, while the handguard covers the bottom... Full coverage barrel shrouds have no use on anything meant to be fired from the shoulder, because a handguard is far more effective than a shroud, which further reinforces shrouds not being dangerous, since handguards aren't considered dangerous at all.

And what I said previously stands. Rapid firing for long periods of time without burning yourself is an advantage.
    Handguards, better than shrouds at what shrouds do, not considered dangerous at all... Anti gun ignorance at it's finest.

Both folding and collapsible stocks are features of assault weapons. And yes, both provide an advantage.
    Been over this, just stop, it's sad.

That doesn't make any sense. The term "cosmetic" has nothing to do with danger. The items are either cosmetic, or they're not.

Spoiler alert. They're not.
    Cosmetic danger = looks dangerous, use your brain, that was an easy connection to make.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Zero fucks given.

Though I am personally think a smarter idea would simply be allowing teachers with handguns instead of rifles locked up in a location they may or may not have access to in time. Let teachers volunteer for training as needed.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    I have no problem with highly trained, armed school security officers. Providing them with Bushmasters does seems a bit excessive. I suppose having one locked in a vehicle that they could access to in an emergency isn't the end of the world.
    Why? What is the difference between them being armed with a handgun and an 'assault' rifle?

The hollow end still spits out bullets.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Zero fucks given.

Though I am personally think a smarter idea would simply be allowing teachers with handguns instead of rifles locked up in a location they may or may not have access to in time. Let teachers volunteer for training as needed.
    Meh, tasers make more sense, if you want to go there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    First they legalize marijuana and now this.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_29...security-staff

The Douglas County School District plans to arm its security staff with 10 semiautomatic rifles designed to provide a high-powered defense in the event of a shooting or other violent incident.

Richard Payne, director of security, said he made the decision to spend more than $12,000 on the Bushmaster "long guns" in January after noting his security officers, equipped only with handguns, were training "hand to hand" with the sheriff's office, which used the larger weapons.

"We want to make sure they have the same tools as law enforcement," Payne said Monday of his eight armed officers.

The first few rifles should be ready for use within a month's time once officers have gone through a 20-hour training course, the same one that commissioned police officers take. The rest of the guns will be deployed in August, he said.

Payne said all his security workers are former law enforcement officers who would keep the long guns locked in patrol cars.

"They will not be in the schools," he said of the weapons.

Ken Trump, a national school security consultant in Cleveland, said he hadn't heard of school security workers equipped with such high-powered weaponry.

Calls to the other large school districts in the Denver area indicate that Douglas County's move is unique. Security workers in Denver, Aurora and Jefferson County school districts carry handguns, and security staffers in Cherry Creek are unarmed. The districts have school resource officers who are active members of law enforcement and carry police-issued weapons.

Trump said staff training should meet the same standard as law enforcement before having access to semiautomatic rifles. "Does the training rise to that of a fully certified police officer?" he asked. "It's not something to do lightly. It better be well-thought-out."

Dan Montgomery, a police and safety consultant and former police chief of Westminster, said the decision is "unusual."

He also listed proper training and secure storage as major concerns when talking about military-style rifles.

"One accident in close quarters with these things could be devastating, not only to predators but to the students themselves," Montgomery said. "I would make sure the decision is supported politically and socially."

Payne said the decision to buy the rifles was his and the Douglas County school board had not discussed it or voted on it.

The Douglas County School District has 67,000 students.
    The only thing I really have a question about, is 'Payne said the decision to buy the rifles was his and the Douglas County school board had not discussed it or voted on it'

Is this a private security company hired by the school? If so, then they can purchase whatever they wish with the money the earn. But if the security team is actually on the School's payroll, and they are buying things that are not approved by the school, that is tax payer money being spent on things that are not intended to be purchased with said money. And it would also need to have been approved by the school.

My assumption though, is they are their own company and there really is no issue at all.

Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So high capacity detachable magazines. That's a comfort thing?

Pistol grips help shooters to have a better grip, particularly while mobile.

Barrel shrouds allow for constant rapid fire without burning your hands. This makes a weapon more effective in situations where constant rapid fire is necessary.

Collapsible stocks allow for better concealment of the weapon. Also better use in close quarter combat.

These are not cosmetic items, and they absolutely increase the effectiveness of shooters in combat type situations. Which is why the military uses them.
    We both know you are full of shit.

I'm only going to entertain one of your talking points.

A collapsible stock knocks off around 6". The design of the stock was not for CQB or even concealment. Its purpose is for whats called "Adjustment of Pull" or "Length of Pull". AKA everyone has different sized arms and to have proper trigger discipline your arm needs to be in a certain position so your hand in turn can work the trigger properly.

What you think you want to equate to a stock would actually be a short barreled rifle. However we both know any barrels under 16" are already heavy regulated by the NFA and ATF. We both know this because we both know I own SBR's.

SBR's are for CQB, not standard rifles and sure as fuck not "collapsible stocks".

As long as you continue to get your talking points from that hag Diane Feinstein you will continue to look like an ignorant fool in regards to weapon functions and mechanics.

THIS is meant for concealment, CQB, or packaging up in a small container.

And we both know I didn't just go to a gun store and buy it.

Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-27 at 04:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Meh, tasers make more sense, if you want to go there.
    It really doesn't, thick clothing can make a taser irrelevant.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Why? Are the armed cops oppressing your day to day activities?

Two cops armed to the teeth would make me feel safe because if there was a school shooting, they would eliminate the shooter quickly and efficiently. Also it's psychological.
    Unless the shooting starts with ambushing the 2 cops. Then the shooters could take their weapons and cause even more harm.

If someone wants to kill people and cause mayhem, they will need to do more then post a couple of armed police officers to stop them. And really, where does it end? At what point do you actually decide to fix the root problem instead of turning schools into Fort Knox?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    "This is where the students can eat their lunch, and right next to it is the School Armory"

"wait, wait what, armory? at a school?"

"Yes and next to that is the missile launch silos"

fucking America.
    From the article:

"Payne said all his security workers are former law enforcement officers who would keep the long guns locked in patrol cars.

"They will not be in the schools," he said of the weapons."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Zero fucks given.

Same here.

I grew up going to schools where armed police officers were a daily sight because Long Beach in the 80's and 90's was a shit hole. Gang violence, race riots, crack epidemic, etc.....I was glad the police were there because at least I was safe for a few hours every day.

Not sure why Europeans are getting their panties in a bunch. Don't cops in Italy and France carry sub machine guns regularly?

Quote Originally Posted by Stone the Crow View Post
    I'd rather they focus on improving schools by doing something more to identify and/or remove potentially problemetic students. Both at school and at home, really.

The fact that metal detectors are now a common sight on schools in the United States is not only sad, but embarrassing.
    I'd rather we do something to fix the fundamentally broken US cultural system that spawns so much violence and anger. Nowhere else in the advanced western world has so much violence against others. Even countries in the west that have loose gun laws still don't see near this level killing and destruction. IMO its a direct result of the dog eat dog system the US has adopted, and you can see it reflected in this board also where so many americans don't give a damn about any of their other citizens.

The real issue here is that the guns are black. If you put a wood stock on that baby, the left wouldn't even have noticed. Grandpa had a gun with a wood stock, so those must be ok. I saw a black gun on TV and a bad guy was using it so, those should be banned.