10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cevera View Post
    All the payment stuff is linked to battle.net, you would need it to charge money for it
    Ah okay didn't know that! My mistake.
    I thought I did, but apparently I don't

If you die you die but if you don't die you still die.

Quote Originally Posted by Edison View Post
    A lot of vanillas charm was the World Pvp. So ofc the PVP realm is gonna have more players, the world pvp was awesome.
    That "world PvP" in WoW was just griefing, as you can kill anyone without any consequences. In the real PvP games, you have to think twice, as you can lose your equipment for example if you gank.

Ganking is the downside of World PvP and unfortunately a very prominent part of it. Especially once those ranking figure out that it is very worth it to spend the time waiting for BGs to pop camping heavily trafficked flightpaths.

Not everything was perfect in vanilla, and that was a huge downside of PvP servers. (Such as the original and by far biggest nost server)

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Pay special attention that while it was (probably padded) 15,000 online on their PvP server, there was less than 3,000 on their PvE server. Those who want to play on legacy server do not want to experience the classic content; they want only to gank and grief other players (for free).
    Of course the fact that the PvE server was released barely two monthes before the server was closed, one year after Nost opened, and that people weren't keen on giving up their lvl 60 and their guild to start from scratch, has nothing to do with it

Grasp at more straws and be more dishonest, man, it'll sure make you more right.

Quote Originally Posted by slaise1 View Post
    Blizzard PR stunt letter to their fan is like saying no in a nice way.
    Hey at least some of you figured it out. Just another take on the Wall of No.

Deleted
    Do you guys think blizzard are going to respond further? they rareley speak to the community and we could be waiting months for them to speak further on the issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Do you guys think blizzard are going to respond further? they rareley speak to the community and we could be waiting months for them to speak further on the issue..
    I wager they get asked at Blizzcon, til then they have no real reason to say anything more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    Don't be a liar. They communicate all the time through blue posts and twitter. Take a look at the MMO-C frontpage and it's loaded with blue text.

And J. Allen Brack's response is about the last thing you'll hear from it most likely. Blizzard felt the need to put an official response, NOT to give you any hope but to crush it. If they get asked the same thing at Blizzcon or some other place, you'll get the same response : "we're listening"
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    If they make Vanilla servers and an updated Client for it, then those who wish to play it should have to pay a separate subscription fee to cover the costs. More work than people realize is needed for it to become a reality, the servers need working on, the client would need a huge overhaul they would need to integrate battle.net somehow into a classic client no small feat and other client changes. The costs of all this stuff would more than likely turn the game into a money pit. The only hope of getting some money back would be charging a separate sub fee. Everyone i know who plays on privet servers only do so because its FREE i highly doubt they would pay the sub fee.
    On the other hand, I think that keeping just one subscription for both current and Legacy WoW would help quell some of the fears most anti-Legacy advocates have at the moment - that legacy servers would hurt the game that they're playing. I'm pretty confident that a ton of players would bounce between the two, and sub numbers would go up in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Loxi4s View Post
    On the other hand, I think that keeping just one subscription for both current and Legacy WoW would help quell some of the fears most anti-Legacy advocates have at the moment - that legacy servers would hurt the game that they're playing. I'm pretty confident that a ton of players would bounce between the two, and sub numbers would go up in general.
    What i would do is charge separate sub's for classic and retail as we know it now. But offer a discount if you have the 2. So say £9.99 for each one but £14.99 for both.
    Last edited by Stacie; 2016-04-27 at 05:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    That "world PvP" in WoW was just griefing, as you can kill anyone without any consequences. In the real PvP games, you have to think twice, as you can lose your equipment for example if you gank.
    May I ask what 'REAL PVP GAMES" are? Cannot say I have come across any that I would lose equipment from participating in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Wattmate View Post
    What i would do is charge separate sub's for classic and retail as we know it now. But offer a discount if you have the 2. So say £9.99 for each one but £14.99 for both.
    Yeah, that could actually be great. I don't mind spending more to play on both servers. Think 14,99$ remaining the basic cost, but an additional 5$ to access both.

Now of course, the subscription could be just one englobing both services because after all, it's lead by a fear of losing content, which is essentially false (They made Diablo III and Starcraft II only through the income World of Warcraft had and created spin off Hearthstone with that same money - and there's no doubt that Call of Duty also fund parts of the development teams at Blizzard. Money/Income is not limited to projects and I'm not sure why this idea came to be)0
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

You think you do, but you don't...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ninesters View Post
    You think you do, but you don't...
    which poster are you talking at?

Deleted
    Garrison 2 is going quite well I see.

Quote Originally Posted by atychiphobia View Post
    after reflecting on the last few weeks events to now, there has been some real messed up realizations i would like to share.

Nostalrius was a non profit, it didnt make money and if it did it did in a way that must have been the worse in microtransaction history, after it was shutdown the people who played there, a good number in fact moved over to --SNIP--, the competitor to Nostalrius for vanilla wow players.

--SNIP--before the shutdown had peaks of just 400 players and now after the shutdown they are so full to the brim they had to release "garrisons 2." --SNIP--sells cosmedic goods, like cross faction mounts and call it a "donation," it was a real turn off for me when i was deciding where to play. Anyways point being, shutting down Nostalrius just pushed other private servers who ignore blizzard lawyers and reward them with players willing to shell out some money for cosmedic goods. With just a fraction of Nostalrius's players, --SNIP--has taken steps to monetize private WoW servers in full view of blizzard. Yes i know some other private servers did the same but --SNIP--is almost openly mocking blizzard to do something about it. --SNIP-- also has the goodwill of the Nost players, literally giving them a home.

When it comes down to it, if blizzard finds a way to forcefully shutdown --SNIP--they will have another nostalrius debacle on their hands, on the other hand if they fail to shut down --SNIP--within a year you can see private servers monetize. If some server who ignores blizzard's copyright laws, and produced a quality legacy server experience, say on par with Nostalrius - you can see them tack on a sub fee to play there and have it's player be happy about it.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-28 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nostratdamnedus View Post
    after reflecting on the last few weeks events to now, there has been some real messed up realizations i would like to share.

Nostalrius was a non profit, it didnt make money and if it did it did in a way that must have been the worse in microtransaction history, after it was shutdown the people who played there, a good number in fact moved over to --SNIP--, the competitor to Nostalrius for vanilla wow players.

--SNIP--before the shutdown had peaks of just 400 players and now after the shutdown they are so full to the brim they had to release "garrisons 2." --SNIP--sells cosmedic goods, like cross faction mounts and call it a "donation," it was a real turn off for me when i was deciding where to play. Anyways point being, shutting down Nostalrius just pushed other private servers who ignore blizzard lawyers and reward them with players willing to shell out some money for cosmedic goods. With just a fraction of Nostalrius's players, --SNIP--has taken steps to monetize private WoW servers in full view of blizzard. Yes i know some other private servers did the same but --SNIP--is almost openly mocking blizzard to do something about it. --SNIP-- also has the goodwill of the Nost players, literally giving them a home.

When it comes down to it, if blizzard finds a way to forcefully shutdown --SNIP--they will have another nostalrius debacle on their hands, on the other hand if they fail to shut down --SNIP--within a year you can see private servers monetize. If some server who ignores blizzard's copyright laws, and produced a quality legacy server experience, say on par with Nostalrius - you can see them tack on a sub fee to play there and have it's player be happy about it.
    You're on the money. If --SNIP--is beyond the legal reach of Blizzard it will open the flood gates. This is becoming a real mess man.
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-28 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by atychiphobia View Post
    Its pretty insane in Garrison 2, so many people while everywhere I go in retail its still a ghost town.

#YouThinkYouWantItButYouDont

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Its pretty insane in Garrison 2, so many people while everywhere I go in retail its still a ghost town.

#YouThinkYouWantItButYouDont
    #YouThinkWeCareButWeDont

But really, nobody cares about your illegal server.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Yeah it was 150k accounts.
    And I know for a fact that there was a good business on running bots to level characters to 60, and then selling those for either real money or gold on retail realms.
    You don't know jack, mostly because you live up Blizzards rear end.