Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Angry BMAH moved to Dalaran

Hey MMO-Champion community!

I wanted to spark the discussion of the latest blue post responding to the issue of the Black Market Auction House being moved from it's original location to Dalaran.

The whole idea of the BMAH was so be dangerous and to encourage world PvP and fight for these exotic items that aren't available anymore and now it seems putting it in a sanctuary goes against that idea..

When Blizzard responded to this they made some shitty sarcastic remark about how the underbelly of Dalaran is crawling with criminals, thieves, etc. but it strayed from answering the real question.

Why does Blizzard insist on killing world PvP? I've always hated sanctuaries because they just become a hub for people to AFK and NOT play their game.. If people want to go AFK they should log off, not sit in a main city safe and secure.

This kinda pissed me off because I loved all the ganking and camping that ensued when a good item was up for grabs and I wanted to gather your opinions on this subject.

What are your views on this?

Deleted
    its in the underbelly, there is pvp. and last time i was there in alpha it was Free for all, so have fun killing people on your own faction to stop bids

The dalaran underbelly is a FFA pvp area, it was not some sarcastic remark, stfu.

Dalaran Underbelly is a free-for-all PvP zone if you bribe the guards to go away with 20 sightless eyes.

Sightless eyes drop 5 at a time from small-group difficulty boss mobs inside the sewers.

So, you'll get your PvP-- and so will PvE servers.

It's in a World PVP area. It's a free for all down there.

Maybe do some research to curb your own disappointment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

So i should make a paladin alt?

Typical uninformed QQer.

Homophobia is so gay.

So if I want to go to the BMAH in Legion, I'll have to worry about being shanked even though I'm on a PvE server? (Yes, I fully understand how FFA areas work). I think it kinda sucks I'm forced into it, if that is the case. Looks like I probably will miss out on the goods this time around. Not like I can afford the good items anyway when they do drop now, though.

I'm not in Alpha/Beta, so I wouldn't know how the sewers work this time around.

7+ Year Old Account
    Please do some research before throwing a fit on the internet.

Deleted
    FFA area? I'm in!

I can't wait to merk some of my guildies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post
    So if I want to go to the BMAH in Legion, I'll have to worry about being shanked even though I'm on a PvE server? (Yes, I fully understand how FFA areas work). I think it kinda sucks I'm forced into it, if that is the case. Looks like I probably will miss out on the goods this time around. Not like I can afford the good items anyway when they do drop now, though.

People on PvE servers generally don't want to PvP. It is, of course, always possible that someone on your server will want to kill other people trying to use the BMAH, but in my experience, on PvE servers people usually won't attack you even if you're PvP flagged, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. Especially if you have to bribe the guards to go away using a special currency, as someone mentioned above--I'm guessing that if you're not PvPing down in the Underbelly you won't have them, so most of the people going to the BMAH won't be able to bribe the guards to go away in order to attack you.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Dalaran Underbelly is a free-for-all PvP zone if you bribe the guards to go away with 20 sightless eyes.

Sightless eyes drop 5 at a time from small-group difficulty boss mobs inside the sewers.

So, you'll get your PvP-- and so will PvE servers.

Omg thats awesome if it makes it to live. Im not a big pvp'er but I support it wholeheartedly. I play enough rated pvp to get a few titles and mounts, but this sounds so fun. Unfortunately I can see the outcry on the wow GD from here, we cant have nice things.

I want to say the BMAH was supposed to be dangerous, like taking a trip to the really seedy side of town at night. I love this idea
    Last edited by RoxyBlue; 2016-04-27 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sajobae View Post
    I wanted to spark the discussion of the latest blue post responding to the issue of the Black Market Auction House being moved from it's original location to Dalaran.
    The BMAH hasn't been in Pandaria for well over a year, what are you talking about?

yeah, i casually walked down to check it out, only to get ganked.

it was funny

so it forces pvp even if you don't do anything but pve? thanks blizzard /s

OP gets shut down instantly and by full force of every poster. Never posts in his own thread again.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Came into this thread expecting an Op whining about world PVP. Was not disappointed. At the moment on Alpha just walking into the underbelly flags you for FFA pvp similar to Gurubashi arena. In fact there are profession quests that send you down there too.

The sky. IT IS FALLING!

Quote Originally Posted by lagmoose View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    While I usually hate it when Blizzard forces any category of players to do something they don't want to, this is different. The BMAH generally (or ever, for that matter, if I'm not mistaken) doesn't offer any endgame-relevant rewards, it's just mounts, pets, transmog and other miscellanea, which means it's not necessary for you to ever go down there if you just want to do dungeons/raids/pvp. And even if the occasional crafting reagent or suchlike useful item does pop up, remember, this is the BLACK MARKET auction house - lorewise it's illegal, dangerous, and takes everyone out of their comfort zone, all of which cannot be better translated ingame than by FFA pvp, like there was on the Timeless Isle.

7+ Year Old Account
    you do know that they put it in the underbelly, which is a FFA pvp area in legion right?

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenonn View Post
    If you have enough gold to play the BMAH in any serious way, you have enough gold to buy yourself a bodyguard or two when you see an auction of consequence is going on. I'm sure you can hire yourself some full-geared pvpers for a couple k gold to babysit you for a while, or even murderfuck the competition for you.

Don't be a whiny loser, be a businessman.