Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VitesseEOD View Post
    No you don't, completing missions and checking again a few minutes/hours later generates new ones. With 25 followers doing 3 or even 4 clears per day, you'll rarely have more then 3 followers idle and the more you turn them over, the more useful missions you can complete.

Regardless of whether the gain is "minor" you've missed the point, if its something you can vendor (armour token) its a few gold plus a salvage crate (likely, depending on mission level). It may also be GRs/Oil which all indirectly make you gold too
    No, it doesn't. Missions are continuously generated, regardless of whether you do them. RoI becomes trivial as well, making it simply not worth it.
    I tried for a while. I regularly had half my followers just sitting around at the time, and all i miss now is a bunch of low level XP missions.
    Naval works like you describe, regular missions don't.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, it doesn't. Missions are continuously generated, regardless of whether you do them. RoI becomes trivial as well, making it simply not worth it.
    I tried for a while. I regularly had half my followers just sitting around at the time, and all i miss now is a bunch of low level XP missions.
    Naval works like you describe, regular missions don't.
    Well my experience over the past 14 months has been completely different, see previous posts for examples of how much I'm pulling in. When I wasn't completing "unwanted" missions, they would sit for days and the list of available missions didn't get exponentially longer, so that nixxes your theory that they're spawning at a fixed rate - if this was the case if I missed a day or two I'd have a HUGE list of missions available, and this never, ever happens - not once in 14 months, across 11 characters. Id say that sample set is sufficient to prove thats not how it behaves at all.

ROI? Using the aforementioned addons it takes literally 40-60 seconds per char to send all 25 followers - you must value your time VERY highly!

Well my experience over the past 14 months has been completely different, see previous posts for examples of how much I'm pulling in. When I wasn't completing "unwanted" missions, they would sit for days and the list of available missions didn't get exponentially longer, so that nixxes your theory that they're spawning at a fixed rate - if this was the case if I missed a day or two I'd have a HUGE list of missions available, and this never, ever happens - not once in 14 months, across 11 characters. Id say that sample set is sufficient to prove thats not how it behaves at all.

ROI? Using the aforementioned addons it takes literally 40-60 seconds per char to send all 25 followers - you must value your time VERY highly!
    No, they wouldn't sit around for days, because most non-rare missions don't actually stay around for more than 24 hours. Your list stops growing because you lose missions as fast as you get more, and it wouldn't grow exponentially anyway, even if they didn't decay. Not to mention that the total number of missions is finite.

You're not making significantly more gold than i do, but invest 50% more time. That's pretty crappy value.

Your list stops growing because you lose missions as fast as you get more, and it wouldn't grow exponentially anyway, even if they didn't decay.
    So if they last 24 hours (I know they don't all but using it as an example) you're suggesting if I just left them for 24 hours, as many new ones would appear during that time as they would if I turned them over? That's just not representative of the behaviour observed over more than a year!

(Also from a quick glance, anything +100 is more than 24 hours anyway)

So if they last 24 hours (I know they don't all but using it as an example) you're suggesting if I just left them for 24 hours, as many new ones would appear during that time as they would if I turned them over? That's just not representative of the behaviour observed over more than a year!

(Also from a quick glance, anything +100 is more than 24 hours anyway)
    It has been my understanding that missions appear with some frequency (eg, 2 missions per hour, that's just an example number) after certain intervals of time when the server does its "is it time to generate a mission yet? let's roll a dice adjusted for the frequency we expect" checks, and that there is a limit on the number of missions in the mission list which is set *lower* than the number of missions the server generates on average in a day - and possibly lower than the number of missions the server generates on average in half a day.

So, when you check once per day, your mission list is full, and when you check, I don't know, ten times per day, your mission list is far from full, but the sum of missions that you get to run is greater than if you checked once per day.

At some number of checks per day you capture all missions the server generates so it is pointless to check more often, and that number is perhaps something like 2.5.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    It has been my understanding that missions appear with some frequency (eg, 2 missions per hour, that's just an example number) after certain intervals of time when the server does its "is it time to generate a mission yet? let's roll a dice adjusted for the frequency we expect" checks, and that there is a limit on the number of missions in the mission list which is set *lower* than the number of missions the server generates on average in a day - and possibly lower than the number of missions the server generates on average in half a day.

So, when you check once per day, your mission list is full, and when you check, I don't know, ten times per day, your mission list is far from full, but the sum of missions that you get to run is greater than if you checked once per day.

At some number of checks per day you capture all missions the server generates so it is pointless to check more often, and that number is perhaps something like 2.5.
    This would support what Ive observed, of course the increasing frequency of checks diminishes the "value" of doing it too often but somewhere between 2 and 4 seems optimal. As your theory suggests, the more you complete the more you get access to in a given period (up to a point)

If theres demonstrable evidence that my experience is wrong, Ill happily change the way Im managing it but Im pretty confident in it at this point having done it "the huth way" for a few months previous

there it goes my chance of winning anything in BMAH =/

Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    there it goes my chance of winning anything in BMAH =/
    Yeah, even with a few million gold, were left with little position versus those who have amassed much more wealth. That said, its kind of how an economy should work, the more you have, the more you can spend. The only worry is the economy-wide inflation could quickly get out of hand. Equally, it could do the opposite, the super-rich burn through their gold much faster.

Take the BMAH out of the equation as it by design takes gold directly out of the economy, the AH suddenly redistributes a MASSIVE amount of gold.

It'll be interesting to see!

Quote Originally Posted by snackfeat View Post
    I'm assuming you are on US realms? They sell for 3m+ on EU I believe.
    God damn, man. I saw 600-850K US low pop.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

This gold raise cap thing is going to be out of control as fuck in legion... Etc would probably be double or triple with ridiculous amount in ah

It goes like this

200 bronze bars for 25k!
    20 flask for 50k or something like that.

People will abuse it out!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    You think raising the gold cap and setting up a vanilla server is the same amount of work or what?

I'm not quite following your logic here
    Not following my logic well deserved ban. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by Thirstblood View Post
    This gold raise cap thing is going to be out of control as fuck in legion... Etc would probably be double or triple with ridiculous amount in ah

It goes like this

200 bronze bars for 25k!
    20 flask for 50k or something like that.

People will abuse it out!
    Prices won't magically multiply simply because of an increased gold cap. Neither will the amount of gold owned by players. Most players can't even amass a single gold cap if they could mail all their gold to a single character.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Prices won't magically multiply simply because of an increased gold cap. Neither will the amount of gold owned by players. Most players can't even amass a single gold cap if they could mail all their gold to a single character.
    It's like saying everything will get more expensive because you bought a bigger wallet. There's no logical reason for that to happen. It's quite possible we're even going to see some deflation because gold income went down.

It's like saying everything will get more expensive because you bought a bigger wallet. There's no logical reason for that to happen. It's quite possible we're even going to see some deflation because gold income went down.
    Or gold income will go up and that's partly why they increased the limit in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Or gold income will go up and that's partly why they increased the limit in the first place.
    Either way, it won't be caused by the limit change.

Yes, gold cap increase will not do anything on the prices of stuff that doesn't reach cap atm.

The only items which will be affected are tcg mounts, which pretty much are already at cap or higher, all of them, in eu.

And obviously bmah, the 6 most wanted mounts for sure will go for multiple caps and probably even silly stuff like invincible, mimiron's head etc., we'll have to see that seeing as nowadays people only cap those to make sure someone else doesn't, if demand is low it might not reach even 1 mil.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    And obviously bmah, the 6 most wanted mounts for sure will go for multiple caps and probably even silly stuff like invincible, mimiron's head etc., we'll have to see that seeing as nowadays people only cap those to make sure someone else doesn't, if demand is low it might not reach even 1 mil.
    Don't expect any of the past "heroic" mounts to go for any less than 9524k, maybe not immediately on spawn, but it will most likely end there before bidding completes.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Don't expect any of the past "heroic" mounts to go for any less than 9524k, maybe not immediately on spawn, but it will most likely end there before bidding completes.
    For past heroic mounts which do you mean? In legion for example there will probably be blackhand and archimonde mythic ones which will be worth a lot for who missed out in wod, but not sure if you mean even stuff which will die 1-shot like invincible or mimiron's head?

I will never have that much gold, nor would I even know what to do with all that

Quote Originally Posted by Esploratore View Post
    For past heroic mounts which do you mean? In legion for example there will probably be blackhand and archimonde mythic ones which will be worth a lot for who missed out in wod, but not sure if you mean even stuff which will die 1-shot like invincible or mimiron's head?
    I think he meant the fairly recent ones. Apart from the WoD endboss mounts, I don't see mythic Garrosh becoming a very easy solo in this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    I think he meant the fairly recent ones. Apart from the WoD endboss mounts, I don't see mythic Garrosh becoming a very easy solo in this expansion.
    Ah, right, and yes, very few classes can solo garrosh mythic already, not many will solo it in 7.0 unless it's a super nerf like the one we had in 6.0.

To be honest however, I think you realise that you can get NOW blackhand boosts for 200k and archimonde for 1 mil or something like that, so going to pay 9,53 mil in legion seems just silly or a clear signal that the bidder didn't play wod.

Same as you could get garrosh mythic mount boost for 150k in mop and now it will always get capped (953k that is, not the new cap) in bmah and reasonably so, based on the time it takes to clear mythic soo every time and on the fact it's not fully soloable.