Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronald Dump View Post

Hes balding and doesn't look bad with it, maybe you can pull it off? But I'm sure he didn't want to lose his hair either
    That guy looks above average( or I think he does I never seem to get that right when I compare it to what woman think.) It's like when my friend showed me a picture of a attractive girl with greenish hair, sure she could pull it off but she would look better with her normal brownish hair.

People seem to forget that some men don't rock the bald look this well and it can have a impact on their own self confidence. If you look bald then go for it but if you think it might weigh you down too much, thinking all the time I wish I had my hair then do whatever you wan't/can to keep it, nothing wrong with that.

I think male baldness is like what wrinkles are for girls.

PS
    If you do rock the bald look you have to at least grow a nice beard like this guy to balance the hair loss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    You just gotta look like a man and it's no problem at all!
    this.
    lose hair => bulk

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Abrechnung View Post
    this.
    lose hair => bulk
    Yeah, bulk up, get a tan and dress sharp.

Then again, every man should already do this.

Quote Originally Posted by xazrael View Post
    I began losing my hair at 20 (27 now) I still have a lot of it, but I have the whole bald spot on the top of my head.
    I tried rogaine, but unfortunately it only works for hairloss in the front. If your hairloss is in the back or sides, your SOL.

To be honest, if the idea of being bald or balding is tough, I would invest into a transplant.
    Rogaine ain't cheap, and the amount of money you'll end up spending on products to help prevent further loss, will just cost you the same in the long run.

The only thing, I would recommend if you do this, is when you hit your 50s, dye it gray. There is nothing worse than a 60 year old with flawless hair but a shit body and wrinkles.
    Rogaine rarely works, and it's impossible to lose your hair on the sides of your head since they're not genetically coded to be susceptible to DHT.

Deleted
    Talk to surgeons if your dad is fine with footing the bill for the transplant. Transplants can look quite nice nowadays.

Oh and don't listen to idiots on this thread telling you that going bald is the only way to deal with hair loss properly, which is, of course, complete nonsense. There are many pharmaceutical and surgical methods available to balding men nowadays and you really shouldn't go bald without having tried at least tried some of them.
    Last edited by mmocd37a9a7d20; 2016-04-28 at 01:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Nope. I have thick and awesome hair!

I don't know anything about this Regaine, but there are many many other vitamins, minerals etc that is healthy for your hair and comes with a wide array of other benefits as well. So I'd recommend looking into your diet first and foremost, and take supplements for those things that are a bit harder to get into your food on a daily basis.

The first thing that comes to mind that is healthy for the hair is MSM (Methyl-sulfonyl-methane), and its list of health benefits is quite long. I suggest you take this as a supplement in powder form.
    Omega-3 is another one that is good for the hair and healthy for the mind and body as well.

But if this Regaine have plenty of positive feedback and is proven to work then I suppose it doesn't hurt to use that as well. It just seems like those kind of products usually are rip offs that use these natural vitamins etc and mix them around and sell them for a higher price with a brand name attached to it.

Anyway, a healthy balanced diet goes a long way and helps the body in huge ways, so you really should get started on that as well even if you are going to use the Regaine.
    I'm working on a fitness diet to go besides my workout schedule to get some more gains. Now I'm also trying to get the necessary vitamins and stuff but do you have a good source on what the body needs and should get and what a positive influence? You seem to know more about then the guy at my local gym who seemed to talk pure crap.

Quote Originally Posted by morpen View Post
    I don't even know if this is the proper forum for this kind of thread.

Okay lets get to it, I am losing my hair and have been since I was around 18 (21 now). I didn't really think much of it and thought that is just how life is. A couple of days ago my dad (who is also bald) asked if I was going to do anything about it and suggested a hair transplant.
    Now I am not too happy with the idea and looking around the interwebs to see if anything else actually worked.
    So I came upon this product call Regaine which is actually proven to prevent hair loss and in some cases even regrow hair.

My question is, have any of you guys tried or know anyone who have had any results with this kind of stuff? good or bad?
    a) Realize that, outside of a transplant, there's nothing that you can do about it.
    b) Accept that you'll have a receding hairline (as all men do to some degree or another).
    c) Opt in for a follicular transplant (starting with the front).
    d) The procedure takes a half inch to inch strip from the sides of your head (where the hair is genetically coded to not be susceptible to DHT), and surgically removes each follicle before making a microscopic incision on your scalp to assist in the transplant (it'll take two weeks to fully recover without wearing a hat as your head will scab over).
    e) Depending upon the number of follicles, it'll cost anywhere from 1,000-10,000 dollars.
    f) If it's going to be an issue for you then it's better to get out in front of this.

FYI... You won't be able to tell that you had anything done, and the scar will be, in addition to being covered by your natural hair, the size of a pen or pencil mark, i.e. small.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-28 at 01:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not losing hair. But I am turning grey on the temples on age 33. Don't mind tho.

Yeah, people with transplants will eventually lose it again. Even on a relatively short term, unless you use synthetic hair.

And yeah, women do love nice hair. But it's not a deal breaker for girls passed 21 most of the time I would say. You just have to be rich
    That's incorrect.

Deleted
    Yeah, people with transplants will eventually lose it again. Even on a relatively short term, unless you use synthetic hair.

And yeah, women do love nice hair. But it's not a deal breaker for girls passed 21 most of the time I would say. You just have to be rich
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    a) Realize that, outside of a transplant, there's nothing that you can do about it.
    b) Accept that you'll have a receding hairline (as all men do to some degree or another).
    c) Opt in for a follicular transplant (starting with the front).
    d) The procedure takes a half inch to inch strip from the sides of your head (where the hair is genetically coded to not be susceptible to DHT), and surgically removes each follicle before making a microscopic incision on your scalp, and transplanting the follicle.
    e) Depending upon the number of follicles, it'll cost anywhere from 1,000-10,000 dollars.
    f) If it's going to be an issue for you then it's better to get out in front of this.

FYI... You won't be able to tell that you had anything done, and the scar will be, in addition to being covered by your natural hair, the size of a pen or pencil mark, i.e. small.
    So either way, get rich or go home!

I think I heard of some researcher who were able to grow hair on a mouse. It was only gray though. I remember this because I found it weird that a mouse wouldn't have hair and it would be a different color then gray, but apparently that can happen. So maybe in the next decade there might be a better solution!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Not losing hair. But I am turning grey on the temples on age 33. Don't mind tho.

You just gotta look like a man and it's no problem at all!

Being a millionaire doesn't hurt either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Haha I hope more like this

Maybe in between

10+ Year Old Account
    No not yet but I assume I will since my dad started balding in his late 20s. Which really sucks cause I don't want to be bald but if it happens I'm going to embrace it and just shave the shit off like he did. Not going to bother holding on to the few scraps of hair I'll have left that shit just looks ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
    So either way, get rich or go home!

I think I heard of some researcher who were able to grow hair on a mouse. It was only gray though. I remember this because I found it weird that a mouse wouldn't have hair and it would be a different color then gray, but apparently that can happen. So maybe in the next decade there might be a better solution!
    You don't have to be rich. Your head only has a certain number of follicles that you're incapable of losing from DHT (they're all on the side), and the upper end that I quoted will give you a full set of hair (within reason) as it will restore around 2,000+ follicles.

P.S. This is a personal issue that every man must face as he ages. However, with that being said, in this day and age (at least in the developed world), you don't have to go bald unless YOU WANT TO. Furthermore, if you're going to go down this route then it's best to get out in front of it before it escalates.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-28 at 01:47 PM.

If you are balding, just go all the way IMO. What looks bad are those tryinng to fight the bald, with comb-overs and such. Imagine having hair everywhere but at the one spot in the back of your head. That just looks overly noticeable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    If you are balding, just go all the way IMO. What looks bad are those tryinng to fight the bald, with comb-overs and such. Imagine having hair everywhere but at the one spot in the back of your head. That just looks overly noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    In other words, like most men. WTF!

- - - Updated - - -

Start here:

https://www.bosley.com/

Brian Urlacher:

It appears that they've updated the procedure since I looked into years ago.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2016-04-28 at 02:04 PM.

Deleted

Have you had a procedure like this yourself?

Deleted
    Brian was completely bald (Type 5 or 6) before having the procedure.

He looks way better bald.