Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

UK Man arrested for calling his ex-girlfriends new partner a "fat bellied codhead".

Source

A pest controller found himself under arrest after he sent a rude message to his former girlfriend about her new boyfriend.

Mark Seddon referred to the new partner as a “fat bellied codhead” when he posted the message via What’s App to his ex.

Seddon, 48, of Ormerod Street, Thornton, pleaded guilty to sending a grossly offensive electronic message.

He was fined £500 with £85 costs, ordered to pay £50 victims’ surcharge and put on a two year restraining order which banned him from contacting the complainant by Blackpool Magistrates’ Court.

John McLaren, defending, said the breakdown between the couple had not been smooth. During the relationship Seddon said he had been paying back money his girlfriend owed her mother.

He said he was sorry he had done it.

Read more: http://www.fleetwoodtoday.co.uk/news...#ixzz4799id2mz
    But I was assured by people on here that this only really applied to slurs, that it wouldn't happen for frivolous stuff.

This has got to be some sort of satire.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    This has got to be some sort of satire.
    It's a tabloid, take it with a grain of salt.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    Sounds like we are only hearing a tiny part of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post

But I was assured by people on here that this only really applied to slurs, that it wouldn't happen for frivolous stuff.
    The key point is that he was fined. He's an idiot for losing his temper like that but I'm pretty sure most people have said stuff that they regret in the heat of the moment. Still, he's an easy target and the police generally exist these days to go after easy targets instead of addressing the real problems that exist throughout the country.

At any rate expect this sort of thing to become more common.

10+ Year Old Account
    What he said was not illegal, it sounds more like there was some harrassment going on.

Edit: Almost missed it...

This story sounds a bit fishy. Boom boom.

It's nowhere near grossly offensive. The officials are just scamming for money.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    It's a tabloid, take it with a grain of salt.
    sounds good

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What kind of a wuss would regret calling someone a "fat bellied codhead"? Is this kindergarten?
    Well I mean, I would regret it too if I got slapped with a ~$1000 fine because of it. But I'm almost positive that he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    What kind of a wuss would regret calling someone a "fat bellied codhead"? Is this kindergarten?
    No, it's the UK. Which may very well end up being a police state at this rate.

This is a country where the authorities turn a blind eye to child abuse - such as the horrid situation in Rochdale - for fear of being called 'racist' but will threaten people for making 'bigoted' comments on Twitter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Well I mean, I would regret it too if I got slapped with a ~$1000 fine because of it. But I'm almost positive that he didn't.
    Well a "codhead" is somebody from Fleetwood town, certainly not the wittiest of insults but it's a local thing. Either way pretty sure the story is missing alot of details.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Well a "codhead" is somebody from Fleetwood town, certainly not the wittiest of insults but it's a local thing. Either way pretty sure the story is missing alot of details.
    Definitely missing details. The vast majority of "news" posts on this site are click-bait, sensationalist tabloid pieces. Which is actually pretty sad as I'm sure a few people only get their news from here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    No, it's the UK. Which may very well end up being a police state at this rate.

This is a country where the authorities turn a blind eye to child abuse - such as the horrid situation in Rochdale - for fear of being called 'racist' but will threaten people for making 'bigoted' comments on Twitter.
    welcome to Labour ran areas where you can do whatever you want. "cant offend the rapefugees now" all the while, we have nazi apologists and flat out anti-semites within the party.

also this post definately has more behind it. no way a court would do anything based on that message and someone feelings being hurt

Don't the Brits say worse in just every day conversation with friends?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    It depends on how offended you would be by being called a "fat bellied codhead". Perhaps in Blackpool it is the worst insult ever, Northerners are a bit weird, you should hear them speak.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It depends on how offended you would be by being called a "fat bellied codhead". Perhaps in Blackpool it is the worst insult ever, Northerners are a bit weird, you should hear them speak.
    calm down lad.. least we don't get a nose bleed anywhere north of watford...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    calm down lad.. least we don't get a nose bleed anywhere north of watford...
    Why would I ever want to go as far as Watford, let alone North of it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Why would I ever want to go as far as Watford, let alone North of it?
    i dunno.. maybe to watch a good football team.......

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsubodia View Post
    i dunno.. maybe to watch a good football team.......
    Leicester come down to visit us once a year, no need to go up there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I can't think of a time I didn't hang out with my buddies and we didn't hurl insults at each other in good humour for at least a portion of the evening

Anyway I hope this is satire, policing conversation is clearly very wrong