Thread: knives

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    You said you've never had any use for knives. Now you're moving the goalpost.
    I spent 12 years in a building site. Ive used knives regularly everyday.
    Theres nothing to get heated about in here. Just a little misunderstanding from my side that we clarified already.

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    In that case, then you're right. I thought you meant in a "badass stabby stabby way"
    And let us hope that we never reach to see such a world where people have the necessity to go "stabby stabby" on a daily basis haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwysh View Post
    "Anyone have a knife? My Amazon package just arrived!"

/pulls out Glock

"Don't worries guys I got this!"

Anything you can do with your knife, I can do with my carry.
    Meh I just use my keys to open boxes if I need to. I keep a folding box cutting knife in my office / mancave tho!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    And let us hope that we never reach to see such a world where people have the necessity to go "stabby stabby" on a daily basis haha
    Wise words. At least in this corner of the world

10+ Year Old Account
    I carry a knife of some sort every work day because it's always useful to have a sharp edge. I do building maintenance so sometimes its cutting latex paint so it doesn't tear off when we remove trim, cutting open boxes, cutting drywall, cutting plastic straps that are wrapped around boxes shipped to us that you can't pull off with your hands. 75% of my days have a use for my knife. I don't carry it around on my days off though, unless i'm doing something where it could be useful. I usually only open boxes and other miscellaneous things at home.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    I find regular knife carriers slightly deranged. For 80% of the uses people claim their pocket knives have a simple flat metal key will do.
    yes, because a dull metal key will work as well as a blade. 90% (i make up percentages too) of people who carry knifes are not intending to stab someone. sorry to burst your bubble.
    Quote Originally Posted by wombinator04 View Post
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    I carry a knife of some sort every work day because it's always useful to have a sharp edge. I do building maintenance so sometimes its cutting latex paint so it doesn't tear off when we remove trim, cutting open boxes, cutting drywall, cutting plastic straps that are wrapped around boxes shipped to us that you can't pull off with your hands. 75% of my days have a use for my knife. I don't carry it around on my days off though, unless i'm doing something where it could be useful. I usually only open boxes and other miscellaneous things at home.

- - - Updated - - -

yes, because a dull metal key will work as well as a blade. 90% (i make up percentages too) of people who carry knifes are not intending to stab someone. sorry to burst your bubble.
    Hes right though in saying most of the times a key would do just fine. Unless youre in work obviously. Wouldnt want to cut drywall with your house keys

"Anyone have a knife? My Amazon package just arrived!"

/pulls out Glock

"Don't worries guys I got this!"

Anything you can do with your knife, I can do with my carry.
    Concealed carry is a wonderful thing.

Sadly, my AR-15 doesn't fit in my purse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    Hes right though in saying most of the times a key would do just fine. Unless youre in work obviously. Wouldnt want to cut drywall with your house keys
    Sure it would work, but i'd personally rather not try and cut something 3-4 times with a dull key (considering my car key is laser cut) when I can just swipe once with a knife and move on with the job. Never once thought about stabbing someone, even though it would be nice to have if the need arose. If you dislike knives, you do whatever you want, but don't call me deranged because I have no problem using a bladed tool for its intended purpose.

Edit: and if we're trying to be consistent here, i carry my keys to open things. I don't carry my keys with the intention of using them for anything other than their purpose, like opening boxes or stabbing people. Both things can be done, but it's not what they're meant for.
    Last edited by Mojibake; 2016-04-29 at 02:34 AM.
    $6 for a game made in 1993? If it was free then maybe I would buy it instead of pirating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post

You just need a bigger purse or an sbr stamp

10+ Year Old Account

In PA you can open carry any long rifle that's not automatic. It's not the smartest idea, but still legal.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I need to get a nice utility knife for my survival bag. Something about large folding knives is off-putting to me, though. I know they're designed NOT to, but I can't help but feel I'll fuck up using them and they'll flip down and slice my fingers off.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    this thread and especialy op scares me. there is a underlying thing that sounds like paranoia or maybe a potential wish to use that knife. peronally i find that very scary...

besides that i try to find the reason for opening this thread.
    The only paranoid sounding one in this thread is you.

Edit. After reading more of the thread I guess you're not the only one but the first. Honestly there are dozens of uses for a good utility knife and none of them involve hurting someone.
    Last edited by Budong; 2016-04-29 at 02:40 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by S7orm View Post
    It's illegal to carry knives in Italy and that's one of the few things I like about this place. I just don't trust the average Joe with carrying a weapon, one day or the other the dumbass is going to trip over and stab someone.
    I'll never get this kind of fear, how do you even get out of bed in the morning? Since I was 10 I played in the woods with friends we all had knives, machetes, or hatchets, I'm 28 now and I've never hurt another person or myself with a weapon. It's not like some inevitable outcome that if you carry a knife you're going to stab yourself or someone else with it, that's some ridiculous logic.

My husband and I hunt. We have a number of guns, including a small.22 pistol, but it's rubbish.

I just like the AR-15 best.

Contrary to popular belief, concealing even a short barrel rifle is not that easy.

My smallest package out of everything i have still needs a backpack even when folded.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekay View Post
    In PA you can open carry any long rifle that's not automatic. It's not the smartest idea, but still legal.
    Pretty sure you can here too. Problem is, if you go to a store or other public building with a sign clearly prohibiting guns, then it's still not legal to carry yours inside.

like several others, I carry a small leatherman. its small enough to fit even into "can barely even be called pockets" on women's clothing, but it is ridiculously useful. I tend not to carry actual knives on me because they are not great for self defense, I certainly don't have any desire to stab anyone anyways, and things that require longer blade than what I get with leatherman (like fruit) I tend to cut up in a kitchen with actual kitchen knives and cutting board.

that said, if someone wants to carry a knife for whatever utility reason other then murder or maiming? /shrug. I don't care. and some of those knives look pretty darn nice too, so I certainly can see the appeal of collecting them

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure you can here too. Problem is, if you go to a store or other public building with a sign clearly prohibiting guns, then it's still not legal to carry yours inside.
    like I said, it's not usually the best idea. There aren't a lot of business around here that prohibit guns, but since long rifles are a good way of making people freak out most places would probably ask you to leave or keep it in your vehicle.

Open carry for a long gun is legal in many states.

With that said its a retarded idea strictly from the standpoint of gun PR in general.

Even open carrying of a handgun in a holster is a stark difference from open carrying a long rifle.

Edit: These two, nicknamed "Fatty and Snow Boots" are prime examples. Even google recognizes these two if you start typing in that phrase. The internet in general (among gun forums) were not impressed to say it lightly.

Last edited by TITAN308; 2016-04-29 at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, concealing even a short barrel rifle is not that easy.

My smallest package out of everything i have still needs a backpack even when folded.

Nice! We have a short barrel shotgun with a pistol grip, but that you definitely wouldn't want to carry around.