Poll: Freeing up time to play on Launch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Question Early Access day(s) and or Launch Day(s), you asking off from work?

So either/or or both. Come Legion early access or launch day or even both, will you ask off from work or anything else to finish downloading -if needed - and play?

Poll Inc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

Deleted
    You should not ask, you should demand.

yeah im taking about 1 1/2 weeks paid off. My guildmate is taking 6 weeks off paid vacation time off lol

Look I am in the Alpha and I am here because I care. Legion isn't worth taking of from work for. You will hit level cap with one character between 8 to 10 hours of playing. You really should want to have to work to slow you down because you are not getting value for your money here. Even the world quests are limited to the Broken Isles taking you to the same places you just quested to often repeat a quest you already did or fill a progress bar like apexis zones.

There isn't enough to do to warrant taking any time off. Especially not 6 weeks. You have confused Legion with a Legacy Vanilla server. But even 6 weeks wouldn't be enough for that one.

Legion is a cash grab like WoD at this stage so please be careful. Don't put your job or health at risk. It just isn't worth it. Believe me I get to play it and I just can't see any reason right now to buy it. Truth be told I honestly think they would have to offer Legacy realm access with the purchase of Legion for me to actually buy it. At least then I could play both and feel like I got some value for my money from Blizzard for the first time in quite a few years.

Again currently Legion isn't going to take a crazy time investment before it feels repetitive. So relax and don't go crazy.

Yea, 6 weeks is a bit much.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

What are you talking about, "early access?"
    There is no Early Access in WoW lol...

Anyway, I already took the Wednesday and Thursday off (don't work Fridays anyway) following the release.
    I assume we have 3 weeks before we have to worry about raids again though, so not much point past that.
    Taking more than a week off is asking to burn out if you ask me.
    By the second/third week of my normal play I am usually where I want to be for progression.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Baronthefirst View Post
    Look I am in the Alpha and I am here because I care. Legion isn't worth taking of from work for. You will hit level cap with one character between 8 to 10 hours of playing. You really should want to have to work to slow you down because you are not getting value for your money here. Even the world quests are limited to the Broken Isles taking you to the same places you just quested to often repeat a quest you already did or fill a progress bar like apexis zones.

There isn't enough to do to warrant taking any time off. Especially not 6 weeks. You have confused Legion with a Legacy Vanilla server. But even 6 weeks wouldn't be enough for that one.

Legion is a cash grab like WoD at this stage so please be careful. Don't put your job or health at risk. It just isn't worth it. Believe me I get to play it and I just can't see any reason right now to buy it. Truth be told I honestly think they would have to offer Legacy realm access with the purchase of Legion for me to actually buy it. At least then I could play both and feel like I got some value for my money from Blizzard for the first time in quite a few years.

Again currently Legion isn't going to take a crazy time investment before it feels repetitive. So relax and don't go crazy.
    This is rather sad really.

OT: No. I used to take time off but launch day woes, lag, bugs, overpopulation of zones, all really made it not worth it to me. I'll just get on my normal early mornings, late evenings and play on pretty much the same schedule I am now.

You have confused "leveling" with "enough to do."
    You don't take time off to level. You take time off to prepare your character for progression.
    There is going to be a LOT to do along those lines, including all new features: World quests, Mythic/Mythic+ when it opens (presumably with raids), maxing your Artifact, and of course farming for the Legendaries. Not to mention Professions.

Leveling was taking me well over "8-10" hours on the alpha, but I expect it to be quick because I'll be so much better geared than the premades I've done it on.
    But ya, leveling is NOT why you play WoW. If you think you aren't getting value because it takes you 10 hours to level 10 times you are living in the past. The game starts at 110. Its been this way for a long time, and it started to shift towards this way when they cut exp needed in half in patch 2.3.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

I'll take a week off when Launch happens, but that's it.

Right, cus daily quests never took place in current content before?
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

Hes taking 6 weeks off so he can have multiple toons raid ready and he is a diablo junky so he WILL farm for hours upon hours until he has those legendaries. Game starts at 110, 10-15 hours of leveling sounds pretty good to me.

Lucky for me i'm retired, so don't need to take time off

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. Mostly because I'm using my requests for a trip outside the state literally like a month before Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Find it funny with all these people saying there's no content in legion when it is releasing with the most content to do ever in a wow expansion. Even tbc only released with raids/dungeon/arena and a couple of daily areas.
    For the Alliance, and for Azeroth!

8-10 hours from 100 to 110? That's awesome! Was thinking about staying awake 60+hours for leveling 2 chars with a Lvling period of 24 hours each. You just saved me an entire day AND a night of sleep, even though i'll still be Lvling 2 chars from launch on and only go to sleep after being done.

All that said, I hope my boss gives me the 1 week off I was asking him for.

Rofl, cause leveling is the main part of the game I have two, maybe three, characters I need to have raid ready by that point but luckily I set my own hours so I can take a few days off easily

Deleted
    Why take days off for WoW?

It's not like you will get behind if you just play it in the weekends. The game is super casual now.

Plus, I wouldnt want to be burnt out on content so fast, knowing that we are constantly low on new content.

Last time I took time off for WoW (WoD) I didn't even get to play that day anyways lmao.

We'll see this year, but i'll probably end up doing the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Why take days off for WoW?

It's not like you will get behind if you just play it in the weekends. The game is super casual now.

Plus, I wouldnt want to be burnt out on content so fast, knowing that we are constantly low on new content.
    Spotted the casual who thinks he's just as good as people who nolife the game. Stop deluding yourself.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    You should not ask, you should demand.
    This guy gets it.

As luck would have it, that shit hits right in the middle of my 4 week vacation. Dis gon' be gud.