Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    250 k to write stuff like this? We've the same age skroe. Start acting like the adult you are.
    Can't win on argument.
    Can't win on facts.
    Can't win on policy.

Djalil, MMO-Champ OT's preeminent shitposter.

This folks, is exhibit A of this charlatan.

No Djalil. Since you brought it up, that 250k got me a better career and life than some Italian patsy for Russia can enjoy. But that that's neither here nor there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm.

If Sweden joins nato, Russia invades Sweden.

If Russia invades a Nato country, all Nato countries attack Russia and help Sweden take their country back. That doesn't sound like a solid plan or threat from Russia. Or is that how Nato works? :P

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    whats the big advantage of an island compared to a base in germany/poland/latvia/estonia/lithuania?

- - - Updated - - -

would probably take 6-12 warheads tbh. 3 major cities prolly take at least 2 to at least start fires in all population areas, and then 1 or 2 key military installations, which might get multiple warheads each to ensure a hit.
    Some ICBMs are equipped with MIRV , which means 6/12 Warheads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Hmm.

If Sweden joins nato, Russia invades Sweden.

If Russia invades a Nato country, all Nato countries attack Russia and help Sweden take their country back. That doesn't sound like a solid plan or threat from Russia. Or is that how Nato works? :P
    The ongoing Saga of Russia's threat to European security has been, in short "they really didn't think this through, did they?"

Crispin keep in mind trading has increased massively between Russia and EU under Putin.
    And dropped again.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Some ICBMs are equipped with MIRV , which means 6/12 Warheads.
    Good thing the upcoming US interceptor is MIRV'd even more!

The best part is, the launch site is gonna be in the Eastern USA. No messy treaty.

One of these fun spots:

I like how he says "It's nothing personal, it's just business."

Yeah, that instantly makes me trust the guy. No bad guy ever said those words, right?

For that alone I'd join NATO outright. This silly posturing of Russia needs to stop. Someone should send them a Memo that they can't force other countries into decisions.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Sweden and Finland are in the EU. Chances of Russia attacking EU are similar to winning the lotto 5 times in a row.
    Air-thin argument : EU is an economical union. One that has no military whatsoever - and what it has, barely functions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good old Russia being paranoid, as usual.
    Sweden isn't going to join NATO, unless they are given a real reason to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Reetuk View Post
    Air-thin argument : EU is an economical union. One that has no military whatsoever - and what it has, barely functions.
    The EU is a political union by now. I suggest you take a look at the treaties. Economy is one important pillar of the EU, but by far not the only one.

Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    The EU is a political union by now. I suggest you take a look at the treaties. Economy is one important pillar of the EU, but by far not the only one.
    Point still stands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Obviously its a hypothetical, but I don't think the Russians are trying to intimidate us away from NATO because they want to be friends with the Nordic and Baltic countries and respect the sovereignty of the region. Quite the opposite in fact.
    Have you heard the statements NATO came up with recently?

Putin really should fire his foreign minister. He's only making relations between Sweden & Russia more tense with those thinly veiled threats (and this isn't the first time).
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Good thing the upcoming US interceptor is MIRV'd even more!

/snip
    Ok nice stuff, but I don't understand, weren't we talking about poor Sweden? :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Can't win on argument.
    Can't win on facts.
    Can't win on policy.

Djalil, MMO-Champ OT's preeminent shitposter.

This folks, is exhibit A of this charlatan.

No Djalil. Since you brought it up, that 250k got me a better career and life than some Italian patsy for Russia can enjoy. But that that's neither here nor there.
    Uh how cheap from you. Anyone can see who's shitposting here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Putin really should fire his foreign minister.
    Lavrov says what Putin wants him to say.

Deleted
    Who cares!

Putin really should fire his foreign minister. He's only making relations between Sweden & Russia more tense with those thinly veiled threats (and this isn't the first time).
    Actually, we should feel terrible for Sergey Lavrov. He's apparently brilliant and highly respected by his peers around the world.

What he is, first and foremost is a patriot. He deeply loves Russia and serves it.

What he is not, however, is part of Putin's inner circle. He is not one of Putin's crony's. He is not even Putin's principle foreign policy advisor. He is, ultimately, the executor of decisions made by Putin's inner cricle, and an effective one because he is evidently a Black Belt in UN manuevering.

But the sense of analysts is he has advocated a more concilatory approach with the West, and the US in particular, for many years and has been basically sidelined by Putin's hardliner inner circle, except when it comes to carrying out a pre-determined agenda.

If Sergey Lavrov were President of Russia, most of the past two years probably would never have happened. It's almost a shame he's saying stuff like this. He probably thinks it is utterly as nuts as we do.

You know whenever a terrible government calls and it's public servants, patriots, even it's ambassadors get on TV and denounce the regime they serve and pledge themselves to a more democratic, better, freer future? Sergey Lavrov strikes me as exactly that kind of guy, which is probably why Putin doesn't give him any authority.

GREAT Article on this:
    http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/02/17/...-russia-syria/

Putin really should fire his foreign minister.
    advise your president, if you have one, of course

My point was that the US could protect Sweden, even from MIRVs, in theory... a few years from now.