Poll: Freeing up time to play on Launch?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    neither - get a real job OP and you wont have dillemas like this.
    Do you mean a real job has so many days to take off, that you can simply take off at both times if you wanted? Because I have a very real job and get 29 days a year and can buy 10 more if I wanted to. It's just that I already have 3 weeks planned shortly before launch that holds me from taking more. I could take more off, but I'd feel bad for doing so.

Quote Originally Posted by Atirador View Post
    I get this so much..

Was almost pushing holidays for this month because I was super tired but then Legion got it's release date announced.
    I knew it wasn't going to launch until around September, mind you that was when they said September was the latest it could be, but I knew the last few months that I was going to take two off for when it was released.

Shame is I will probably have to get a new job, so if I do I'll just tell them I'll be away for two weeks at the end of August/early September when they interview me.

Hopefully the release of Legion won't be terrible like WoD. Nothing like waiting 3 hours to even click the object to start a garrison, and the realm problems for the next 10 hours after.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Deleted
    Not worth it... Start will be laggy, and buggy as always and i have anyways holidays, so ill rather enjoys week of summer outside than trying to log ingame and have nothing from it... later it will be more stable

10+ Year Old Account
    Booked a week off for Launch. Not booked anything for the early access... though I'm tempted to book 2 days. Depends when it is, we'll see once we get a date for it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    I knew it wasn't going to launch until around September, mind you that was when they said September was the latest it could be, but I knew the last few months that I was going to take two off for when it was released.

Shame is I will probably have to get a new job, so if I do I'll just tell them I'll be away for two weeks at the end of August/early September when they interview me.

Hopefully the release of Legion won't be terrible like WoD. Nothing like waiting 3 hours to even click the object to start a garrison, and the realm problems for the next 10 hours after.
    Yeah the garrison problem wa sa heck of pain in the EU as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Do you mean a real job has so many days to take off, that you can simply take off at both times if you wanted? Because I have a very real job and get 29 days a year and can buy 10 more if I wanted to. It's just that I already have 3 weeks planned shortly before launch that holds me from taking more. I could take more off, but I'd feel bad for doing so.
    no by real job i mean job where you cant just randomly take few off days because all projects you oversight will go to shit without your knowledge and expertise. but dont worry maybe one day you will understand what i mean
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2016-04-29 at 04:24 PM.

no by real job i mean job where you cant just randomly take few off days because all projects you oversight will go to shit without your knowledge and expertise. but dont worry maybe one day you will understand what i mean
    Gah, I'd hate to have a job that I couldn't take vacation days when I wanted to, granted I'm a self employed network engineer supporting small businesses in and outside the area and I set my own hours while living more than comfortably :P wouldn't want anymore than that.

(I also get to work from home 99% of the time unless they need to fly me up to my real far away one to take care of something big lol)

I plan to try out legion, and buy the month with my gold. Asking no days off, and probably gonna casually play it.. But, I MIGHT stay up late to play it on day 1

You are really bad at your job when you can't let the people you are supposed to manage, work on their own for a few days. Or when you can't manage your own time and work to continue for a few days without you. Guess you never get sick either, or all hell will break lose.

I, on the other hand, have my projects in order and my people working all by themselves, so I can easily take 3 weeks off, scheduled. I'd lose my job if my projects go to shit when I'm gone for a few days. Maybe one day you'll understand, once you get a real job an real responsabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellorion View Post
    So either/or or both. Come Legion early access or launch day or even both, will you ask off from work or anything else to finish downloading -if needed - and play?

Poll Inc.
    I used to be hyped and take time off, but I think this expac I will wait for all the people camping their tundra mamoths on quest givers to clear out for a few days.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Nope, not worth it. Servers are always unstable as hell the first few days, it isn't worth burning days off. I may take the Friday after release off though since its the Friday before Labor Day anyway and its a day I usually just take off early.