10+ Year Old Account
    About this. I think it would be great to have a Vanilla or BC or anything further server. I fear that even if they would be up, it would be very hard to please people once they really are up. Obviously, Vanilla had it's flaws. It didn't support some of the newer graphic technologies, netcode and it had weird bugs (like staying kneeled down when mining some nodes, and other weird stuff) which people playing those realms would have to take for granted.

These servers would most likely run the latest patch of that particular Xpack, not the transition patch or anything. People would complain they want to redo the opening of AQ, or something similar.

It will be very hard to get this right.

I personally wouldn't mind it beging a bit buggy, but it would have to come with a giant warning for non Vanilla players that the game was in a very different state from what it is now, and that some of that stuff just isn't going to get fixed because of it being part of the experience.
    Warlock (SL main)

OMG, Nost one was vague, could mean a lot but Kern one is not. Hype!
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

A meeting is just a meeting. It could be anything from offering Nost and Kern a job (highly unlikely in my opinion, just from Kern's track record and history with Nost pirating from them), to requesting input on making Pristine appealing or wanting input in case they did a Legacy server, to managing PR, or to even attempting a cease fire peacefully to try and end everything going on. After all, both sides are at fault for criticism, bogus claims, and possibly even threats to the other (just here say at this point).
    If Blizzard does move forward with Legacy realms, then good for you and all the people that want them. I hope they work out and everyone benefits. I can't speak for everyone, but my posts have never been against Legacy as much as pointing out issues they can have, so again, if this works out for everyone (hope it does) then we can finally have it be settled and move on with other topics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    Ah ok, i see now you do not have interest in an honest discussion, so i am out.
    It's pretty cut and dry. You give 5 options, one is obviously more popular.

Blizzard already said they contacted them and that they'd be discussing things. It's in regards to that stupid pristine server idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    Blizzard already said they contacted them and that they'd be discussing things. It's in regards to that stupid pristine server idea.
    I want legacy servers as much as anyone. However, that doesn't mean I'm gonna say no to pristine servers until I hear what they fully plan for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy View Post
    I want legacy servers as much as anyone. However, that doesn't mean I'm gonna say no to pristine servers until I hear what they fully plan for them.
    I personally don't want legacy servers, they take too much time as it is getting new content out I don't want resources going to something like that. But if they're going to do it they should just do it not half ass it.

Get hyped PogChamp

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    About this. I think it would be great to have a Vanilla or BC or anything further server. I fear that even if they would be up, it would be very hard to please people once they really are up. Obviously, Vanilla had it's flaws. It didn't support some of the newer graphic technologies, netcode and it had weird bugs (like staying kneeled down when mining some nodes, and other weird stuff) which people playing those realms would have to take for granted.

These servers would most likely run the latest patch of that particular Xpack, not the transition patch or anything. People would complain they want to redo the opening of AQ, or something similar.

It will be very hard to get this right.

I personally wouldn't mind it beging a bit buggy, but it would have to come with a giant warning for non Vanilla players that the game was in a very different state from what it is now, and that some of that stuff just isn't going to get fixed because of it being part of the experience.
    So, Vanilla servers in the WotLK/TBC client then? With talents/leveling modified to 3.3.5 and level capped to 60? Hype!

Blizzard should just give people Vanilla servers at this point, so they majority can realize how awful Vanilla actually is and then they and the community can focus on making the live game not shit.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    Blizzard should just give people Vanilla servers at this point, so they majority can realize how awful Vanilla actually is and then they and the community can focus on making the live game not shit.
    Most of the people would stay on the Vanilla server for 10 years.
    They would actually realize it is a far superior gaming experience compared to retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    It would be pretty hilarious to see people throwing their bitchfits when they hit max level and do the raids and have nothing to do after that and start whining about no content.

That being said I find it hilarious people think that Blizzard actually said they were going to think about adding Vanilla servers just because Kern said so. Once again we have no evidence of this happening other than Kern's own words. There's a reason even the Nostalrius people have only said "oh yeah they're going to meet with us" while Kern is going on about them doing so to make vanilla servers happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    They would actually realize it is a far superior gaming experience compared to retail.
    lol. This level of delusion is so tasty. I can't wait for all the people who never actually played Vanilla to get on there and see how terrible it is now.

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    lol. This level of delusion is so tasty. I can't wait for all the people who never actually played Vanilla to get on there and see how terrible it is now.
    Your constant salivating at the prospect of people not enjoying vanilla servers is quite bizarre to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Spoken like someone who never actually experienced Vanilla WoW.

About 8 specs are raid viable, most of the raids require zero mechanical skill, the game is gated purely by numerical difficulty, the end game content is featured of 3 zones, winterspring, Silithus and Eastern Plaguelands, all three of the zones are mindless Rep grinds, two of the zones are irrelevant on 1.12.1 which is what people are clamoring for, PvP balance... just no, even less specs are PvP viable. Most of the dungeons are actually irrelevant after you get your dungeon set, it just takes weeks to get it cause of drops rates hovering around 2% on top of all of that the spawn rate for world resources like herbs and ore nodes is so low, it literally breaks the economy.

I was there.

On top of that you know the best part about Legacy Servers, no ones going to bother leveling the shitty classes or specs, so you'll be missing out on mandatory classes for raiding, cause you won't have bloodlusts or blessings or whatever shadow did back in the day.
    Last edited by Borigrad; 2016-04-29 at 06:14 PM.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Since y'all asked...

My ideal would be one progression server, starting with Vanilla ... that is also "Pristine"

Shoot, one expansion released every year (a patch every few months) would still be 6 years of playing (actually 8 or more, assuming they'd have made at least 2 more expansions in those 6 years).

Though I would obviously not be opposed to legacy servers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Damn thats fantastic for them, would be a dream to visit Blizzards offices.
    Yeah if nothing else happens, at least they will have the memory of visiting a company they are fans of.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Okay, just stop right there please. There were not 6 million people on Nost, I doubt there are 6 million spread out on private servers, and since the pro flight crowd grabbed these numbers for themselves, you don't get them too.
    Trolling aside, please do not throw out random things that don't apply, have a good arguement for your cause.
    It's almost the equivalent of you guys claiming a group of people are a minority in a matter that there is no minority of majority. Just how many people want it.

That being said, care to explain why all 6million + people who left the game after that time left. For all we know, it was because they didn't like the game. People typically don't stop doing what they like to do or consider fun. Unless you can counter with something else than calling him a troll. More people have left the game than are playing the game. More people were at the peak of classic playing than currently play the game. Nost isn't the only classic server to have ever exist. Do I think classic servers will hit 6million? Hell no, but it is definitely justifiable to use it in this argument as you guys have justified using fabricated numbers left and right like the sub numbers of current WoW, that don't exist ANYWHERE.

Regardless, your guys arguments are just getting worse and worse. Now that they actually have a meeting setup with Blizzard to discuss the issue at hand I would really refrain from making claims on Blizzards stance on their behalf or whatever you guys want to keep doing. Having an actual discussion is different, but making false claims is just starting to get rather old. I guess you guys need to cling onto something new now though since you guys can't keep saying Blizzard won't give Mark the time of day anymore.

Can someone please post what the tweet said i cant view it thank you

Look up how EverQuest did progression servers = Starts with Vanilla content and has caps on levels. But still has some updates from the current version of the game. The servers slowly go through each major expansion and events.

Combine that with the Diablo season model and always release new "progression servers", but all the achievements and account wide shit you earn during that "progression season" would go to your main account after.

Boom.