Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcellus1986 View Post
    Most of those 25 years were coming out from economic depression. So yeah, you still have no clue what you're talking about.
    .... what? What are you even talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    .... what? What are you even talking about?
    I'm not holding your hand. Google or stop posting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reetuk View Post
    Simulating nuclear attacks on Poland, Baltics and other invasive manuevers speak for themselves.

Tell me, when`s the last time NATO simulated nuclear or just cruise missile attack on Russia? Yeah, right-o.
    So? That happens. Turkey does the same with greece. Is turkey going to invade the EU? The USA has military plans for invading every nation in europe. IS the US going to invade Europe?

Money talks. Not weapons. And trading in the last 25 years has increased massively, as its the natural flow of things. 75% of foreign direct investment in russia is european. Economies are now connected and that speaks more than any foreign agitator.

Deleted
    Poland and the baltics are in europe, and as such, they should already be sleeping sound. I know they dont. There is a political explanation for that.
    Why not? Because there is absolutely no need to take a side in this cock measuring contest.
    There`s actually a very simple explanation for that - EU brings no military security and all major European powers would rather bail out or they dont have the capabilities to bring any military force should any serious conflict arise (Germany had to call Ukraine to lease one of it`s Antonov monsters just to transport 100 troops - they dont have the logistical capability even for something as mundane as that).

It`s not a cock measuring contest - what a silly way to read security politics.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Speak of things with the proper terms if you actually want to try to make a point.
    Of course. You never know when I speak of "United Europe" I might be talking about the geographical entity....

Youre trying too hard Gabriel.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not holding your hand. Google or stop posting.
    Google what. What in the name of jesus christ are even talking about... Economic depression? The fuck has that to do with the improvement of trading and relations since the collapse of the wall?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    I hope we (Sweden) and our neighbor (Finland) does opt to join NATO some day. I'd like for us to share the burden of defending the free world and not simply pass that responsibility on to others. If we all played solo countries like the Baltic states would for likely be consumed by Russia. As members of the EU and given our close association with NATO I do however think there is no reason for us to join out of fear of Russia, as I am 100% sure that we are members all but in name, and that given an attack we would get instant help from NATO. But as a matter of principle I think we should sign up for guaranteeing defending our fellow countries of the free world as well as contributing to that defense by spending 2% of our GDP on defense. And when I say the free world, I am not talking about Turkey, but the others. =)
    Yeah I mean this is one good reason to join NATO I guess. Share the burden of defending the free world.
    I mean if you live in 1966 that is. But yeah this is the kind of zealotry that can justify Sweden in NATO now.

Poland and the baltics are in europe, and as such, they should already be sleeping sound. I know they dont.
    You KNOW we don't? Please tell me more about it, you sound extremely knowledgeable.

Deleted
    So? That happens. Turkey does the same with greece. Is turkey going to invade the EU? The USA has military plans for invading every nation in europe. IS the US going to invade Europe?

Money talks. Not weapons. And trading in the last 25 years has increased massively, as its the natural flow of things. 75% of foreign direct investment in russia is european. Economies are now connected and that speaks more than any foreign agitator.
    Turkey and Greece play cat-and-mouse games. You can`t honestly compare the two.

Your go-to tactic in this topic is trade - which is ridiculous. Nevermind that interconnectivity breeds confict, Russian-European trade relationship has broken down and it won`t be restored to pre-2014 levels for years to come (if ever). Good.
    Last edited by mmoca152e15b21; 2016-04-29 at 10:39 PM.

Deleted
    There`s actually a very simple explanation for that - EU brings no military security and all major European powers would rather bail out or they dont have the capabilities to bring any military force should any serious conflict arise (Germany had to call Ukraine to lease one of it`s Antonov monsters just to transport 100 troops - they dont have the logistical capability even for something as mundane as that).

It`s not a cock measuring contest - what a silly way to read security politics.
    EU has ENOUGH military security. There is no security threat from Russia because what the EU does is LONG TERM security plans. Which arent achieved by military bases, poor relations and diplomatic wars. Long term security is achieved by trading.

I mean that is pretty much all that is behind the concept of a UNited Europe. Trading steel so to make economies dependent to each other.

Of course. You never know when I speak of "United Europe" I might be talking about the geographical entity....

Youre trying too hard Gabriel.

- - - Updated - - -

Google what. What in the name of jesus christ are even talking about... Economic depression? The fuck has that to do with the improvement of trading and relations since the collapse of the wall?
    Jesus you are so out of tune with the reality of things. The only reason Russia wasn't a military threat to anyone is because they were busy rebuilding after the collapse of the USSR and the disastrous presidency of Yeltsin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Dude seriously, how does it feel to defend a losing school of philosophy? Like, do you feel impotent rage when you see the world revolving in exactly the opposite direction as you'd like it to?

I've never felt it myself.
    Please try and keep your outburst for yourself. This isnt the "let repressions out" thread.

Deleted
    EU has ENOUGH military security. There is no security threat from Russia because what the EU does is LONG TERM security plans. Which arent achieved by military bases, poor relations and diplomatic wars. Long term security is achieved by trading.

I mean that is pretty much all that is behind the concept of a UNited Europe. Trading steel so to make economies dependent to each other.
    -
    EU has ENOUGH military security.
    Like what exactly? Operational combat readiness of Eurofighters that is below 50%? German APC`s that use brooms as training props for troops?

what the EU does is LONG TERM security plans
    So what is the EU doing. Explain yourself and bring examples.
    Long term security is achieved by trading.
    False. Read some Normal Angell and his ''The Great Illusion''.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    http://www.thelocal.se/20160428/russ...weden-off-nato

Original article http://fokus.dn.se/lavrov/ (in swedish)

When you consider that Russia, according to NATO, practiced a Nuclear attack on Sweden in 2013, the warning seems abit hollow, I fail to see how they'd go any further than that other than actually attacking Sweden (which they wont).

Is it about time Sweden and Finland joined NATO? Or should they stay "neutral"?
    Nato should be dismantled, US is desperately trying to force another arms race to satisfy their arms dealers, it doesnt benefit anyone elsein nato other than US companies and only serves to create geopolitical tension, so no, sweden should avoid that toxic union at all costs.

stop getting sucked into propaganda

Deleted
    Jesus you are so out of tune with the reality of things. The only reason Russia wasn't a military threat to anyone is because they were busy rebuilding after the collapse of the USSR and the disastrous presidency of Yeltsin.
    This has absolutely ZERO connection with the point I was making which is Europe and Russia in the last 25 have witnessed increasingly good relations and trading.

- - - Updated - - -

Turkey and Greece play cat-and-mouse games. You can`t honestly compare the two.

Your go-to tactic in this topic is trade - which is ridiculous. Nevermind that interconnectivity breeds confict, Russian-European trade relationship has broken down and it won`t be restored to pre-2014 levels for years to come (if ever). Good.
    interconnectivity breeds conflict?! Where in the name of the holy fucking trinity did you pull THAT from?!

This has absolutely ZERO connection with the point I was making which is Europe and Russia in the last 25 have witnessed increasingly good relations and trading.
    Which no longer exist and their vague, militaristic threats to former Warsaw Pact countries don't support your hair-brained theory.

Deleted
    A thing of the past. I hate to use the CURRENT YEAR argument but honestly, get a grip - it`s not February 2014 anymore.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenho View Post
    You KNOW we don't? Please tell me more about it, you sound extremely knowledgeable.
    Are you or are you not having new weapons and troops being sent to your countries?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Nato should be dismantled, US is desperately trying to force another arms race to satisfy their arms dealers, it doesnt benefit anyone elsein nato other than US companies and only serves to create geopolitical tension, so no, sweden should avoid that toxic union at all costs.

stop getting sucked into propaganda
    Lol okay there champ.

Deleted
    Are you or are you not having new weapons and troops being sent to your countries?
    Yes, a few tanks, some APC`s and couple hundred of trainers are being sent to all over of Eastern Europe.

It`s bloody outrageous they werent there since 2004 to beginwith.

These deployments are a result of all the threats and land-grabbing over the past 3 years.