Page 30 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Has nothing to do with discrimination.

As a woman, I have had to put up with many creeps, who get some kind of sick thrill out of everything from exposing themselves, to rubbing their penises up against my butt on the train, pretending to accidentally slip and "cop a feel", making up fake emergencies to try to get me to open the door of my hotel room in the middle of the night, and coming up with every pretext imaginable to try and put their disgusting grubby hands on my body. Not just once or twice, but over and over, time and time again, starting from around the age of 12. It's gross, violating, traumatizing, and just writing about it, is making me nauseated.

I could go on for hours, but thinking about bathrooms? I was working alone late one night, and could see a bathroom across hall. The door was slightly ajar and it was dark inside, but then I realized I could see movement inside. I moved closer, and was creeped right out when I realized that it was a guy, sitting inside, staring me me dead in the eye, masterbating!

Oh, I ran to the phone and called the police, but that guy took off when I started screaming. Never caught him, and I never worked there alone at night again.

It's not the genuine transgendered I'm concerned about, but the world is full of sick creeps, and now they're just been handed the golden opportunity, to get their sick thrills, right inside the women's bathroom! And all they have to do, is pretend they're Transgendered, or even just "identify" as a woman, Hooray!

I will never feel safe inside a woman's bathroom again.

One creep. And I will be filing lawsuits against this for the rest of my life.
    Um, ok, and what does legislating bathrooms do to prevent creeps from doing these things? Is that guy in the bathroom masturbating just going to be magically repelled by invisible law forcefields for having a dick or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Touch of Anarchy View Post
    No, we won't see. There simply isn't anything to see - you sitting here saying that the movement is gaining steam doesn't at all change the fact that Target is going to be fine. Unless some sort of catastrophe happened where their HQ and all of their stores were destroyed at once, nothing will happen to them.

You remind me of an angry customer that didn't get their way and wanted to speak to a manager about it, then proceeded to tell that manager that "You know... I saw on the news that your business was going down dramatically" as a last resort, attempted kick-in-the-nuts for nobody's gain.
    We'll see how Target feels about it, once the lawsuits from women getting molested by fake transgenders, start rolling in, as I've no doubt they will.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    When did womens rights get so low anyway? Guys toilets can be pretty horrendous. Why should women have to deal with and accommodate guys in their bathroom. No one even asked them. Women of the year? Chris jenner, a guy in a dress.
    On a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being "horrendous", men's washrooms are at most a 6. Womens washrooms quite often hit 9 on a regular basis. Take it from someone who works in a public building, and has had 10+ years to listen to the respective cleaning crews discuss the "joys" of keeping their respective washrooms clean.

We'll see how Target feels about it, once the lawsuits from women getting molested by fake transgenders, start rolling in, as I've no doubt they will.
    Have you considered waking up to reality, instead of making up/believing in nonexistant boogeymen to be afraid of?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Yes, because enforced gender rules on bathrooms is clearly the only thing keeping molesters out of the women's bathroom.

By the way, this is just Target restating their bathroom policy that they've had for years. It's not a new policy. So, I've no doubt that you can point to this high rate of molestation in female bathrooms at Target.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    How about by not cheering on as corporations basically fuck our political system in the ass through blatant, upfront extortion?

Does that not count?
    Perhaps your goverment should stop being such a bunch of fuckwits that said corporations are basically forced to tell them that they will deny them business and revenue untill they pull their heads out of their bacckwards asses?

It's not the genuine transgendered I'm concerned about, but the world is full of sick creeps, and now they're just been handed the golden opportunity, to get their sick thrills, right inside the women's bathroom! And all they have to do, is pretend they're Transgendered, or even just "identify" as a woman, Hooray!
    The thing is, a man pretending to be transgender to be a pervert in the women's bathroom is no different from a man pretending to be a woman in order to be a pervert in the women's bathroom. So nothing has changed.

Or maybe it has, because if you force transmen to use the women's bathroom, you won't be able to tell the difference between transmen going about their business and a regular looking pervert guy pretending to be a transman (i.e. just being himself) in the women's bathroom. So actually, these laws make it easier for what you don't want to happen to happen.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2016-04-30 at 07:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Perhaps your goverment should stop being such a bunch of fuckwits that said corporations are basically forced to tell them that they will deny them business and revenue untill they pull their heads out of their bacckwards asses?
    ...Forced? Our government(s) is practically controlled by corporations these days. Having corporations further play the role of dictating what is or isn't legislation they're agreeable with isn't the way forward. It is morally bankrupt and completely undermines our entire system of representation. So arguably, what you're advocating for, is far more backwards... as it sets everyone back, not just a minority.

...I give up up. I fucking give up. You might as well have asked me what's wrong with lobbying or bribing politicians or extorting them.
    So you read the first line and chose not to read the rest, making it look out of context. I'll provide an easy, non-complicated TL;DR for you, since judging from your previous posts, you seem like you may be able/willing to argue civilly; don't let any immaturity creep up over that.

If said political legislation is bad and it is in majority agreement that it is bad, why is it wrong for companies to take matters into their own hands to try and sway that legislation to either attempt to prevent it from passing or to attempt to ultimately push for an overturning of it?

There is evil in this world, and some situations unfortunately, but necessarily, call for evil. There is such thing as a lesser of two evils - societal-made companies (and not government companies) needing to step in to help stop or overturn poor legislation is the lesser evil in this situation, compared to being the company that steps in to stop/overturn legislation for corrupt reasons/money-making gains.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    Or maybe it has, because if you force transmen to use the women's bathroom, you won't be able to tell the difference between transmen going about their business and a regular looking pervert guy pretending to be a transman (i.e. just being himself) in the women's bathroom.
    Yep, people have their heads too far up their own asses to understand this.

So you read the first line and chose not to read the rest, making it look out of context. I'll provide an easy, non-complicated TL;DR for you, since judging from your previous posts, you seem like you may be able/willing to argue civilly; don't let any immaturity creep up over that.

If said political legislation is bad and it is in majority agreement that it is bad, why is it wrong for companies to take matters into their own hands to try and sway that legislation to either attempt to prevent it from passing or to attempt to ultimately push for an overturning of it?

There is evil in this world, and some situations unfortunately, but necessarily, call for evil. There is such thing as a lesser of two evils - societal-made companies (and not government companies) needing to step in to help stop or overturn poor legislation is the lesser evil in this situation, compared to being the company that steps in to stop/overturn legislation for corrupt reasons/money-making gains.
    The whole concept of a republic is to avoid the tyranny that a majority often brings with it. You wouldn't be so pleased with this outcome if it worked against your ideological stances rather than with; hence why principle matters.

I just knocked over your entire argument, again, by the bolded - which you, funny enough, provide for me this time.

Basically they did overthrow the law concerning the use of their restrooms in the face of NC law. In NC, if there is a law about how bathroom use is conducted, then Target cannot just say, "FREE FOR ALL!" and be clear of any fault. They have to adhere to that law, even if it's a stupid one.

Also, I'm including the strong-arming going on elsewhere that have huge businesses essentially extorting a given state over legislation in order to overturn or stop said legislation. Imagine a oil company extorting Texas because we wanted to explore alternative energy sources.

No one would be cool with that and they'd be particularly pissed because they're threatening to economically cripple us if we do so.
    Umm...Target didn't break or 'overthrow' any law. NC's bathroom bill is only for government buildings (which Target is not part of). So...want to retry your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    You could keep making stuff up for hours, I have no doubt. Why is it that I don't experience stuff like this anywhere near as much as you claim that happens?
    How would I know why you haven't had the same experiences as I have. I travel, and work all over the city. Are you a woman? Tiny, petite, and extremely blonde?

Maybe the creeps just don't find you as easy a target, or as attractive to them.

...Forced? Our government(s) is practically controlled by corporations these days. Having corporations further play the role of dictating what is or isn't legislation they're agreeable with isn't the way forward. It is morally bankrupt and completely undermines our entire system of representation. So arguably, what you're advocating for, is far more backwards... as it sets everyone back, not just a minority.
    There is no clear way forward right now, and there has not been for the last 14 years. Our system of representation has been corrupt and not truly "representative" for decades at this point, and it is only getting worse and worse. Sitting around and doing nothing is not the way forward, but because nobody can come up with a proper way to get us moving forward in the right direction, these companies are stepping in. That is 100% better than nothing being done (and 100% better than no good ideas/plans being brought up to get us going as a country)

Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    Umm...Target didn't break or 'overthrow' any law. NC's bathroom bill is only for government buildings (which Target is not part of). So...want to retry your argument?
    Then they've done nothing wrong. My argument still stands for businesses like Disney who basically muscle local governments into submission when they see legislation they don't like. It wasn't an argument based strictly around Target and apparently, not many knew it was only government buildings, as it took several pages for me to get corrected on the matter; which I half-expected but never came.

- - - Updated - - -

There is no clear way forward right now, and there has not been for the last 14 years. Our system of representation has been corrupt and not truly "representative" for decades at this point, and it is only getting worse and worse. Sitting around and doing nothing is not the way forward, but because nobody can come up with a proper way to get us moving forward in the right direction, these companies are stepping in. That is 100% better than nothing being done (and 100% better than no good ideas/plans being brought up to get us going as a country)
    Feeding into the very problem at the heart of all the corruption within our government isn't going to solve anything. Not in a broader sense. Again, victory based on principally shallow methods will only channel back into a bigger, more menacing conflict ahead of us.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-30 at 07:14 AM.

How would I know why you haven't had the same experiences as I have. I travel, and work all over the city. Are you a woman? Tiny, petite, and extremely blonde?

Maybe the creeps just don't find you as easy a target, or as attractive to them.
    Yes I am a woman, and the perving people do is very minimal. Tiny, by what measurement? Petite by what measurement? Blonde, what relevance does that make?

Or just maybe you are making half of it up, with some added hyperbole to make it sound far worse aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, because enforced gender rules on bathrooms is clearly the only thing keeping molesters out of the women's bathroom.

By the way, this is just Target restating their bathroom policy that they've had for years. It's not a new policy. So, I've no doubt that you can point to this high rate of molestation in female bathrooms at Target.
    Many male creeps wouldn't be able "pass", and women would spot them, the second they opened the door, and run screaming for the police.

But if they claim to "identify" as a woman, then we have to wait -- till they get us in a vulnerable position or back us in a corner!

How bout we wait for the coming lawsuits?

Then they've done nothing wrong. My argument still stands for businesses like Disney who basically muscle local governments into submission when they see legislation they don't like. It wasn't an argument based strictly around Target and apparently, not many knew it was only government buildings, as it took several pages for me to get corrected on the matter; which I half-expected but never came.
    While Disney did throw it's muscle around, it again didn't break or threaten to break any laws. They simply said they would stop doing business there. I'm not trying to be a jerk or anything, but neither Disney or Target here did or does anything involving intentionally choosing to disobey laws. As for the other half of your argument, there's really no way to control what Disney did. You can't really force a company to accept the policies of a city/state/country it doesn't agree with morally. You can argue they have too much power, but the end result is they haven't actually done anything wrong and there's really no way to legislate it to force them to do business in a particular place. That's what contracts are for.

Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    If the government had less power then corporations wouldn't be able to use it for their own ends.
    ...Even though we've had states where businesses threatened to leave over social legislation(that really wouldn't even effect them in the end) and as a result killed said legislation before it became law? That doesn't sound like the government has more power but rather is beholden to business. Then we all know what a shit-fest D.C. is these days concerning lobbying and the likes.

Not sure where where you're coming to your conclusions but I don't think they're grounded within reality but rather an abstract, odd view of the situation.

Many male creeps wouldn't be able "pass", and women would spot them, the second they opened the door, and run screaming for the police.

But if they claim to "identify" as a woman, then we have to wait -- till they get us in a vulnerable position or back us in a corner!

How bout we wait for the coming lawsuits?
    And how will you be able to tell the difference between the transmen who would then be forced to use the women's bathroom and normal men?

Target has had this policy for a long time, I don't think there has been any lawsuits. If you think there will be, then certainly there has been in the past and you'd be able to provide them as evidence.