Page 32 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You picked the side of corporations. This is all political games and you're playing right into.
    I see how you conveniently ignored the whole 'how to fix the issue' part. As you will see below, I am far from on the corporate side, but our system enables them. If I am guilty of enabling them, you are just as well. Arguing on MMO champion is not how you will fix the issue. If you truly cared, you'd actively seek a resolution instead of judging everyone who does not agree with you on the specifics.

If you can pass as the opposite gender knock yourself out and use the opposite gender restroom until your little hearts content, but if you cant and get caught you should be put on a list the same as other sex crimes.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-04-30 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Keeps the men out! Oh wait...Actually it just opened the doors for all men, just as they are, no need to dress up or anything.
    It pretty much did keep most men out. Apparently not anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    I see how you conveniently ignored the whole 'how to fix the issue' part. As you will see below, I am far from on the corporate side, but our system enables them. If I am guilty of enabling them, you are just as well. Arguing on MMO champion is not how you will fix the issue. If you truly cared, you'd actively seek a resolution instead of judging everyone who does not agree with you on the specifics.
    No but what it does give me is insight into how two-faced most of the populace is.

You're actually giving a multi-billion dollar corporation the image of giving a fuck versus playing political games and throwing their weight around for kudos.

...Have I fucking woken up in an alternate universe where up is down and evil is good? One day I'm reading how money corrupts, corporations are evil and not to be trusted, the next... they're compassionate fighters for justice only worried about the little guy.

Fuck me. This is why I don't vote anymore. This is why I'm about ready to step away from any kind of political debate - period. It's fucked. Completely fucked.
    You seriously thing it's wrong of Disney to protect its workers and customers? I mean, seriously, that's 'evil' to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Cricket22 View Post
    Once again, they wouldn't have to "pass", they apparently just have claim they "identify" as a woman. I already said that though. are you experiencing a reading comprehension difficulty?

And I have no idea what your self-protection capabilities are. I just know I have none, and that pretty obvious, making me an easy target.

I've already covered that. Go back and read, unless you're not genuinely interested in the answer.
    What is your plan for bathroom safety then? How do you keep those big nasty men out of the bathrooms?

Once again, they wouldn't have to "pass", they apparently just have claim they "identify" as a woman. I already said that though. are you experiencing a reading comprehension difficulty?

And I have no idea what your self-protection capabilities are. I just know I have none, and that pretty obvious, making me an easy target.
    Do you have some difficulties understanding what it means to force transman into womens bathroom? Do you understand how they look and sound like? You just gave a way for every single guy to enter womens bathroom just as they are, by saying they are transman, and you will never tell the difference. How many times do you need this explained? Instead of going by common sense, such as who somewhat looks like woman, you force men into womens bathroom, just as they are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If you can pass as the opposite gender knock yourself out, but if you cant and get caught you should be put on a list.
    Once again, no need to pass anymore! You can just pretend to identify as a woman now.

You seriously thing it's wrong of Disney to protect its workers and customers? I mean, seriously, that's 'evil' to you?
    Because they aren't. Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. This is all a show to boost their image.

Because they aren't. Wake the fuck up and smell the coffee. This is all a show to boost their image.
    You're right...Disney, one of the outright most powerful companies in the world needs some positive press...I mean, I have no idea how on Earth they were gonna make it up until Georgia decided to go too far. Really? Disney needs help with its image? Every Disney fan I've ever met is brainwashed to the point that company could do no wrong. Sometimes, yes, it really is about protecting their workforce so they can recruit the best talent in the world. Which is actually important to a company like Disney, but doesn't matter to some small business in rural Georgia.

Once again, no need to pass anymore! You can just pretend to identify as a woman now.
    What's to stop me and other men from claiming to identify as men and have to obey the laws of entering my natural born sex?

Do you have some difficulties understanding what it means to force transman into womens bathroom? Do you understand how they look and sound like? You just gave a way for every single guy to enter womens bathroom just as they are, by saying they are transman, and you will never tell the difference. How many times do you need this explained? Instead of going by common sense, such as who somewhat looks like woman, you force men into womens bathroom, just as they are.
    oh please! Chicago's a big city. I've worked with lots of gay people, and know several who are transgendered. One guy normally dressed as a man for work, but dressed as a woman otherwise, and modeled all his dresses for me. Having to travel for work and share hotel rooms with him was great. He was big enough to make me feel safe, and did a lot for my husband's comfort level.

He had zero issues dressing like a man for work, and using the men's bathroom. When he dressed like a woman, using the ladies room was no problem -- because he looked like a woman.

I'd bet I know more about it than you do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    What's to stop me and other men from claiming to identify as men and have to obey the laws of entering my natural born sex?
    Not clever, much less amusing.

You're right...Disney, one of the outright most powerful companies in the world needs some positive press...I mean, I have no idea how on Earth they were gonna make it up until Georgia decided to go too far. Really? Disney needs help with its image? Every Disney fan I've ever met is brainwashed to the point that company could do no wrong. Sometimes, yes, it really is about protecting their workforce so they can recruit the best talent in the world. Which is actually important to a company like Disney, but doesn't matter to some small business in rural Georgia.
    Disney doesn't matter. What matters is Georgia. Alabama. Florida. California. New York. It is these states. These governments. All here to provide and give home to varying peoples. Having corporations reshape the country on their own behalf does not make a representative democracy. It is corruption that needs to be rooted out and crushed with zeal. Disney will still be able to recruit. Disney will still make billions. Disney will not ultimately be hurt by anything more than their own grandstanding potentially backfiring.

So no, I do not side with monolithic corporations that have their own agendas and priorities over the people of this country. Even when I disagree with said people. That's called having principles and standing by them, even when it hurts to do so. The reason why this nation is falling apart isn't because of X or Y petty reasons that conservatives and liberals often like to harp on. No, rather, it's falling apart because the glue that binds is being seen as an obstacle by radical elements that are now running rampant and without check.

No matter what you say, I won't side with them on this. I won't side with anyone. I'm not trying to win my seat in heaven nor accolades in just how fucking progressive I am. I am trying to make sense of our whole picture, of how to keep shit together and functioning in a meaningful way.

Disney would actually lose more business and do greater damage to himself by LEAVING Georgia, regardless. Hence how I know it's a political game and little more. Corporations don't have a soul. They don't have a conscience. They're just powers that consume and swallow everything up like a fucking black hole. Now they're openly flexing their might and you laud them for it? Give me a break.
    Last edited by Rudol Von Stroheim; 2016-04-30 at 07:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    If the government had less power then corporations wouldn't be able to use it for their own ends.
    Sure they would. They'd have the power themselves.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Haha, this is so ridiculous. Especially the part about the fitting rooms. Here in Germany, nobody cares if a couple go into one fitting cabin or the guy waits in front of the girls cabin while she tries on stuff. But prude America thinks every person is a pervert that just wants to peek on people. Well that's why the cabins have doors.

Another funny thing, go to an big event in Germany and you will see a lot of women using the men's restrooms.

Who cares if people are gay or feel like they are captured in the wrong body? If you accept it okay, if you don't just ignore it and invest your energy into something positive. Damn first world problems.

oh please! Chicago's a big city. I've worked with lots of gay people, and know several who are transgendered. One guy normally dressed as a man for work, but dressed as a woman otherwise, and modeled all his dresses for me. Having to travel for work and share hotel rooms with him was great. He was big enough to make me feel safe, and did a lot for my husband's comfort level.

He had zero issues dressing like a man for work, and using the men's bathroom. When he dressed like a woman, using the ladies room was no problem -- because he looked like a woman.

I'd bet I know more about it than you do.
    And how you again conveniently ignored the whole point, instead talked about something else. You don't seem to know more, when you have seemingly no understanding at all of the bathroom law passed in NC, and what that means in practice. But hey, keep ignoring everything that doesn't reinforce your agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Drdyne View Post
    Haha, this is so ridiculous. Especially the part about the fitting rooms. Here in Germany, nobody cares if a couple go into one fitting cabin or the guy waits in front of the girls cabin while she tries on stuff. But prude America thinks every person is a pervert that just wants to peek on people. Well that's why the cabins have doors.

Another funny thing, go to an big event in Germany and you will see a lot of women using the men's restrooms.

Who cares if people are gay or feel like they are captured in the wrong body? If you accept it okay, if you don't just ignore it and invest your energy into something positive. Damn first world problems.
    I have been to Germany, several times, once just for Octoberfest in Munich. Never once saw a man in a woman's bathroom or vice versa. I was in the bathroom a lot, especially during Octoberfest.

- - - Updated - - -

And how you again conveniently ignored the whole point, instead talked about something else. You don't seem to know more, when you have seemingly no understanding at all of the bathroom law passed in NC, and what that means in practice. But hey, keep ignoring everything that doesn't reinforce your agenda.
    I know all about the law in North Carolina. You're the one missing the point.

Oh, and I spent quite a bit of time in North Carolina, working and hiking. chimney Rock is awesome, and they filmed parts of "Last of the Mohicans" there. Oh, and Lake Lure! Where they filmed "Dirty Dancing".
    Last edited by Cricket22; 2016-04-30 at 07:59 AM.

I have been to Germany, several times, once just for Octoberfest in Munich. Never once saw a man in a woman's bathroom or vice versa.
    It happens in the US too. Most of my friends are women and at times if the women's bathroom is too full they'll use the men's bathroom.

I also like how you're telling someone who lives in Germany that they're wrong because you've been to Germany a few times.

I know all about the law in North Csrolina. You're the one missing the point.
    Why don't you repeat what was your point then, if you actually had any?

okay, at this point I am convinced that democrats and republicans are sitting in a room together somewhere and go like:" SHIT the supreme court said we can no longer distract people from them being poor with gay marriage .... what do we do? ...How about...bathrooms instead? Bathrooms you say? Thats genius! They will be distracted for years!"
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."