Deleted
    1. WoW is already f2p - you just need $token gold per month
    2. Show me a f2p MMO that isn't shit. It's the deathknell of any MMO. eg Lineage 2.

If you can't afford the sub, fuck off. Freeloaders are ruining this game.

Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I am no native english speaker. So sorry if you think it is "written badly".
    I apologise for that part of the comment then. I usually don't let myself fall into that trap.

You don't deny though, that it's a whine for free-to-play model at least. Which at the very least is ironic coming from someone chastising Nostalrius players as "locusts" for not wanting to pay for Blizzards product.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless we are part of the private messages / phone calls no one knows what's going on really.
    Personally, the current state of the game is in a good way (imo) but - WoD is rubbish. They had good ideas but let us all down on other aspects - Legion looks and sounds like it's going the correct direction. I am happy.

Pristine realms isn't going to give nost people what they want really but its an idea at least, one that will evolve and develop and perhaps open up more ways to play the game and cater to a wider audience. I think it will only be fare that they come up with a way to play classic version(s) of WoW - my suggestion was a "seasonal" realm that went online for say 9months or so and had a classic version of WoW on it (classic to me is any pre MoP atm). They could do season 1 = Vanilla, Season 2 = TBC etc. My only issue with any of it is - at what cost? Character models cost WoD dearly! But they are pretty sweet imo.

In regards to the subscription, F2P models suck and gate people into taking on a sub anyways lol = micro transactions in their current state are ok but you really don't want them going full micro transactions as it would cause a huge rift in the community I think - and we know what happens when that occurs.

All in all, its good that they are listening and looking for solutions to get the community thriving again - just before this expansion our numbers were at an all time low, then we got the influx of old players and we are probably settled a little higher than at the end of MoP. They know the problems the game has and we can only hope that with a constructive voice we can all be heard on our different views on how this game could be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    You don't deny though, that it's a whine for free-to-play model at least. Which at the very least is ironic coming from someone chastising Nostalrius players as "locusts" for not wanting to pay for Blizzards product.
    Sure its a whine for a free to play model. But i reason it. I know that i am just one of many voices.

I removed the locust comment already, as it was wrong.

Deleted
    If the Vanilla game went free to play then no one would play the latest expansion.
    But imagine progression server with exclusive rewards i would totally subscribe every month.

Quote Originally Posted by tasuyoshi View Post
    If the Vanilla game went free to play then no one would play the latest expansion.
    But imagine progression server with exclusive rewards i would totally subscribe every month.
    Get the Ahead of the Curve "achievement" for each tier of Classic, and unlock an account wide HD remodel of that tiers armour So clear MC before BWL comes out and get HD Banana Armour for your retail Paladin (swap out for class of your choice) Omg such work to make HD models of old armor, okay okay, I'm sure that would cost another 5 months of development time for retail

Disclaimer: I'm not suggesting that they integrate an achievements system into a legacy server.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    Depends on the class, spec, and expansion.

Back in Vanilla I quit because Ret was a joke. Came back for Crusader Strike, and then Ret was a joke in TBC. Quit in WOTLK cause Ret wasn't competitive in late expansion PvP, and I killed the King. Which was a great idea cause 1 year of no content was pretty stupid. Came back to Cata and quit in late MoP because I knew WoD was going to be bad. I came back last year for 3 months just to experience the bad that was WoD. Ret was also terrible in MoP and WoD, and didn't even try hard to PvP. Would have been a waste of effort since nobody takes a Ret to RBGs.

Up until MoP, I quit because of a spec I played that sucked. I quit WoD because the expansion was so casual that I felt like I was playing Hello Kitty Island adventures. On top that Ret was also a bad spec. That's right, a double negative.

Even though Ret was a horribly broken nightmare in Vanilla, at least the rest of the game was good. WoD Ret isn't horribly broken, but enough that as a hardcore player I can't min/max it like other classes with specs can. And WoD is just terrible. An entire expansions worth of content I just steam rolled through in less than 3 months. Most of the time spent was getting the ring, and upgrading the ring. I pugged Heroics, and fully geared my Ret with 4 set and all Heroic gear. Even got the class trinket. For whatever reason, my guild didn't kick me and they're an active Mythic guild. Didn't ever talk to them, cause I didn't need to.

I have zero interest in Mythic raids, even as a hardcore player. What incentive I have to do them? Gear? The gear I can't use in PvP cause it gets auto nerfed? Gear I vendor in the next patch or expansion? An achievement nobody cares about? I would argue that Heroics are pointless, if it wasn't for how quickly one can clear normal raids. Since I was still upgrading my ring, I might as well do Heroics.

Also, PvP was good as a Paladin back in Vanilla, if you knew what you're doing. Today, WoW punishes creative players.

First off,
    at the start of WoD Ret wasnt that bad, abit OP in PvP if youd ask me but that doesnt change anything.

I definetly agree with you, "more customization than ever" comes down to if i want rather AoE CD X or single target CD Y, with 1-2 of each row being not viable most of the time, there is simply no place to be any more individualy than anyone else, a huge part of an MMO if youd ask me.

And as far as legion goes they are only making it worse by taking any ability that took somewhat of skill away and adding things like a 30 second aura mastery, more mindless AoE stuns and so on, but were getting way too off-topic here.

In short, as much as some poeple hate the old talent tree, i really preferred it.

Ontop of that i prefered the old gating of content, for example, nowadays you always get to do the latest raid after being maxlevel for a few hours, if it was like "back then" you would atleast see Highmaul and Blackrock Foundry before going into HFC, besides having 4 difficultys of each, but thats just my opinion, didnt raid that much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Lmao I don't understand why people want old servers?????????????? With content you've done before ???????? I get the game was harder back then, but don't ruin the game for the rest of us by making them do this. We'll get less content while they set up these dumb servers, we don't need more people moving onto another seperate server to make the current servers more abandoned. You'll play the server for like a month, just like I would, and then you'll leave and complain because the lack of content.

You'll never get that feeling back of playing on a vanilla server.

Y'all want talent trees back????? Why?????? It's like diablo, there's only a few viable builds and if you stray off that path then you are punished for it by lack of damage or anything. Pointless

You want a challenge levelling ??????? Don't use boas or do dungeons, killing stuff isn't as easy as it is without heirlooms and talents and all that funky stuff
    Ppl like you destroyed game in the first place with whiny attitude so...

Lmao I don't understand why people want old servers?????????????? With content you've done before ???????? I get the game was harder back then, but don't ruin the game for the rest of us by making them do this. We'll get less content while they set up these dumb servers, we don't need more people moving onto another seperate server to make the current servers more abandoned. You'll play the server for like a month, just like I would, and then you'll leave and complain because the lack of content.
    I simply like to Play/revisit old games here and then, like many many People do as well...

You'll never get that feeling back of playing on a vanilla server.
    Don't tell me what to feel.
    Honestly, I had the same opinion as you about this, but when I started playing on Nostalrius I changed it. It felt like I was playing a quite different game and it was really fun. I am not saying, it was better... I was just enjoying it more at the time than retail WoW.

Y'all want talent trees back????? Why?????? It's like diablo, there's only a few viable builds and if you stray off that path then you are punished for it by lack of damage or anything. Pointless

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    That was my reaction as well haha. Can't wait to see what comes out of this.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pristine, happy if they make this, especially for the low effort.

Vanilla (Version:Final), happy, for those who enjoy it.

Progressive and all sorts of others...no thanks.

Not a fan of big dev going into so much old.
    Not enough content? Change you dislike?
    Unsub or sub later. Give Blizzard feedback, "vote" with money.
    Give feedback through official channels → quit paying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    sweetos!! Let's see what happens. Maybe they'll put Nost in charge of a vanilla server program. Maybe Nost might even get paid for their hard work this time. A step up in the long run

I have already expressed I am not really bothered if Vanilla servers happen or not but that's not saying I won't play on one if they do
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    Really great news

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the one who is whining??? Ok then lmao I am someone who did play in Vanilla, as much as I hated the changes in every expansion I think it's stupid to spend time on something like that when they could be making new content for the majority of players.

I have also tried to play such servers to get my feeling of nostalgia back. However it doesn't last long and you realise that it's not all that it's cracked up to be.
    I think the same no matter how hard you try there is no way to get that sense of wonderment you had when you first played the game back again.. I remember when I first started in Vanilla and back then it was an awesome feeling and a sense of wonder as you explored the game world.. But after a while that wonder went away, about the only thing that would ever make me look at something like this is the original version of Sunken Temple the amount of times you wound up getting lost in there was a lot.. lol

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nice, hope they will reach an agreement and actually create that server.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Uurdz View Post
    World of Warcraft was a gamble the first time, lucrative, but a gamble. Activision Blizzard would take a gamble with legacy.

I would actually accept this in a wider business context. You can have the greatest success of all time, but if your next venture fails then you've lost your midas touch.
    Sure, difference being the market. MMOs were up and coming at that point. Now they're gone and fading.
    Other genres (MOBA, FPS) rule and have integrated MMO-like features for their advantage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Santoryu View Post
    That was my reaction as well haha. Can't wait to see what comes out of this.
    inb4 they're hired for the team that is improving old RTS warcraft games for this day and age

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SharkLazorz View Post
    MMOs were up and coming at that point. Now they're gone and fading.
    MMORPGs are doing better than ever in the West (where most of the money is made). There's GW2, FFXIV, EVE, Minecraft, Rust, etc. Heck, even vanilla WoW on a hacked together private server did great. The market has grown, while WoW is losing players. Blizzard should take a really hard look at why the retail WoW is losing so many subs while the MMO market is booming.

I have also tried to play such servers to get my feeling of nostalgia back. However it doesn't last long and you realise that it's not all that it's cracked up to be.
    I have no interest in nostalgia. However, I played on Nostalrius for over a year, and my time there was some of the best gaming of my life.