Page 41 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What do you mean applied to Evocation?
    Glyphs are applied to spells, there's not a glyph page anymore.

I guess Evocation makes the most sense for the glyph, since no other spell would let us alter our mana percent to such a degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arcane Blast really need an update aswell. It doesn't matter if there is no travel, I mean look at the new Lightining Bolt Shaman got. No travel time and they still managed to create a cool graphic for it. Maybe Arcane Blast could be similar. We could shoot a "arcane ray" at the end of the cast. Like a moonfire, but horizontal. I know there's already a trinket that does that so we know it's possible. We only need a cool graphic.

I would be happy if Missiles at least looked like the spell that those dragon shoot when they proc from that Balance Druid tier bonus.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    Glyphs are applied to spells, there's not a glyph page anymore.
    Ah, I guess they just have to stick the glyph to a spell the way they made the system but it matters little in practice if the glyph works in general. Evocation makes some sense to get it since it gives mana, otherwise it could be the mastery passive possibly. I thought you said evocation activates it in some way (and not just affecting it by giving mana) and I was confused :)
    Last edited by mmocdc260e8e2a; 2016-04-29 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post
    Arcane Blast really need an update aswell. It doesn't matter if there is no travel, I mean look at the new Lightining Bolt Shaman got. No travel time and they still managed to create a cool graphic for it. Maybe Arcane Blast could be similar. We could shoot a "arcane ray" at the end of the cast. Like a moonfire, but horizontal. I know there's already a trinket that does that so we know it's possible. We only need a cool graphic.

I would be happy if Missiles at least looked like the spell that those dragon shoot when they proc from that Balance Druid tier bonus.

I agree, Arcane Blast is so boring. Feels like you're pressing nothing

Quote Originally Posted by throcha View Post

It would be nice to have a sort or "disintegration ray" effect tied to arcane blast, Diablo Style. However, i find very appropriate the concept it has now, an arcane detonation on the target after the cast... it only needs to be more visible and impressive, expecially considering the damage it does... I think visuals have to relate to ability importance and power: for example, the visuals could scale with arcane charges that we currently have... it would fit the concept.

Arcane Missiles are unacceptable now: they were lackluster 2 expansions ago, now they are simply ridiculous: expecially when we consider that updated, better looking versions of the spell are already present in the game.

I apologize if this has been discussed before (although I'm sure I don't remember seeing it here), but just how much damage do we do when we spam 4-Charged Blasts outside major cooldowns, compared to the spams under AP/RoP? I mean, the new Mastery system has been touted as a way to give Arcane a way to do actual damage outside our burning phase, but is the damage we can potentially do outside the brief periods of cooldown stacking all that high?

Obviously, this is not taking into account Words of Power (which seems rather good, but makes you fall back to the old ways of mana conservation) and the fact that T19 might not have situations where you need to burn outside every 1:30 mark anyway.
    See here for my own Mage solo (and sometimes other classes too.)
    And also see this document for my efforts at listing solo kills of every class. Please do not hesitate to message me if there is some kill I have failed to record.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Archmage View Post
    expecially when we consider that updated, better looking versions of the spell are already present in the game.
    Yeah that is the most frustrating thing I can imagine. It was the same with Pyroblast. Blizzard changed (destroyed) its cool Vanilla/BC animation during WotLK while they introduced a really nice fiery animation in Ulduar (Siege Machine's basic attack). It was a spammable, player casted ability, so it was a perfect candidate to replace that non-sense 2.0 Pyroblast animation.

On Arcane Missiles: I can accept the rage, it is Vanilla WoW graphics, but I like its live version personally, so I don't feel playing Arcane Mage is visually inferior to other specs/classes.

Deleted
    That area is probably affected by performance considerations. When they design they must make sure at least 80 players (battlegrounds) can spam those spells without creating issues. When they create them for Khadgar or Iskar it's another matter.

That area is probably affected by performance considerations. When they design they must make sure at least 80 players (battlegrounds) can spam those spells without creating issues. When they create them for Khadgar or Iskar it's another matter.
    Bullshit. You're telling me demo warlocks summoning hordes of demons each, or that trinket that fires a humongous beam when it procs, or generally 80 mages spamming blizzards are fine, but better arcane missiles (which can already be spammed through balance druids set bonus faerie dragons) or arcane blast will somehow affect perfomance?
    I could understand that reasoning when not making apocalyptic spells that affect the entire zone, but a local visual for a single target rotation spell? No, that reasoning just doesn't apply here.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    better arcane missiles [..] will somehow affect perfomance?
    Yes. That is a fact. They will affect performance and everything else you listed does affect performance.

Now, on why they might decide to give some specs more weight on some spells, it's another matter.

They might not even care about performance much, yet. They might have class quotas to fill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah most of those scenes are one-shots or two-shots for story purposes. It's same for in-game cinematics. Knock-backs are likely for dramatic effect.
    Taking into consideration what you said, I thought that, maybe, the hidden/secret cosmetic effect of our Arcane artifact could be precisely what we see Khadgar using:

Spoiler: 

What would you think if, as our special cosmetic effect, our arcane spells that happen to be killing blows produce that knockback effect on the corpses?

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    What would you think if, as our special cosmetic effect, our arcane spells that happen to be killing blows produce that knockback effect on the corpses?
    Isn't the special cosmetic thing the fact that the staff talks to us? I want to know what the non-cosmetic effect is, like the warrior that save the warrior from dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Invictorum View Post
    Isn't the special cosmetic thing the fact that the staff talks to us? I want to know what the non-cosmetic effect is, like the warrior that save the warrior from dying.
    The staff sometimes draws power from nearby locations of power (like moonwells) to give you a temporary buff.

I think the buff is 2% damage, but not sure if it can stack.

Deleted
    Wait the staff talks to us? I had that during Firelands and Dragon Soul. I'm not sure I'd like it back.

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Wait the staff talks to us? I had that during Firelands and Dragon Soul. I'm not sure I'd like it back.
    Not voiced as far as I know, just whispers in your chat log.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do we have a list of the whispers? What does it talk about? Shadow Priest dagger also talks to them and its got a pretty interesting personality.

"Your frail form can't keep up this pace" when fighting a boss (possibly using cooldowns?)
    "You're quite the tactician, aren't you?" when using nova/block/spellsteal

Those are the only two I've seen written out, but I've also heard it mentions wanting to siphon mana from Dalaran when you visit it, as well as objects out in the world while leveling, like the moonwells.

Here's what the siphon effect looks like.
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by whisperingsage; 2016-05-02 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by whisperingsage View Post
    Here's what the siphon effect looks like.
    Spoiler: 
    Would it be at all possible to get a better image? The one you shared, which I am grateful btw, just seems to be a big blob of purple.