Do you guys have any clue why every time I try to summon someone at The Nameless King it comes up (unable to summon phantom)?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Do you guys have any clue why every time I try to summon someone at The Nameless King it comes up (unable to summon phantom)?
    Supposedly it's because someone else beat you to it. It's been a problem since Dark Souls 1. Course it doesn't help that I rarely see any summon signs for that fight anyways.

Yeah, if I was at that stage on my PS4, i would come help you out.

Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Supposedly it's because someone else beat you to it. It's been a problem since Dark Souls 1. Course it doesn't help that I rarely see any summon signs for that fight anyways.
    Its every single sign tho and even new ones that pop up at my feet. I have literally clicked 30 signs in a row and not summoned one person.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Djriff View Post
    Yeah, if I was at that stage on my PS4, i would come help you out.
    Thx for the offer

I just went and killed the Demon King (highly unimpressive fight) and now I think Nameless is the last optional boss I got left.

Also OMG the big worm before Demon King is so easy to abuse lol.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Its every single sign tho and even new ones that pop up at my feet. I have literally clicked 30 signs in a row and not summoned one person.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for the offer

I just went and killed the Demon King (highly unimpressive fight) and now I think Nameless is the last optional boss I got left.

Also OMG the big worm before Demon King is so easy to abuse lol.
    Yeah it varies from boss to boss but that's been my experience too. All you can is keep trying till you find one that works.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Carthus Bloodring reduces all absorption by 15 but basically doubles your iframes. It results in stuff like this.

Vitality is the stat that controls weight load. It's also the stat that increases your damage threshold for physical attacks more than any other stat, so it's a stat people want to invest in, anyway.
    The host used the Iframe ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Just hopping into this argument to say ds3 is almost definitely the worst game in the series, glad I didn't pay for it myself. Coming from someone who beats the game once and never plays it again, feels like they made 3 way more casual and removed a lot of the "charm" of it. Even as a casual myself, a lot of the appeal is missing.
    I don't get it: you simply played someone elses version? Or pirated it? I don't see how that's relevant since presumably most people here aren't so poor they can't even afford a game... But I guess money is more scarce in some countries, IDK.

While I am gulity of this myself (just a couple times tho) what I don't understand is why people keep buying something day 1 and then bitch about it. Like wait a few days and see some reviews or take the risk. I took the risk with The Division and I regret it 100%. I will bitch about the game and the current state its going. But I also understand others quite enjoy it and I am happy they do.
    You need to very careful when buying Ubisoft games. I'm glad I bought Black Flag even though it had the same lame combat/story system as all AC games + lack of catacombs BUT the sailing part is one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had, mostly because those kinds of games are so rare, only other one I can think of is Sid Meier's Pirates! Off-topic but yeah...
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2016-04-30 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    You need to very careful when buying Ubisoft games. I'm glad I bought Black Flag even though it had the same lame combat/story system as all AC games + lack of catacombs BUT the sailing part is one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had, mostly because those kinds of games are so rare, only other one I can think of is Sid Meier's Pirates! Off-topic but yeah...
    Ya I totally agree.

Not to derail the thread more but Rainbow 6 Siege gave me hope with them. Until there support with it became shit and it took 10+hrs to unlock each new charater due to them costing 25k ingame currency. I had to do ether that or get the season pass.... So ya fuck that.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    I don't get it: you simply played someone elses version? Or pirated it? I don't see how that's relevant since presumably most people here aren't so poor they can't even afford a game... But I guess money is more scarce in some countries, IDK.
    Family sharing, it's a thing. Also, are you so defensive already that you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground in your very first response to me?

Family sharing, it's a thing. Also, are you so defensive already that you are trying to take some sort of moral high ground in your very first response to me?
    I wonder what casualisation you refer to though. Because that is one of those things were its not true. I consider this game more difficult than DS1 were it was not difficult for mechanics that were just not working out there yet. In fact the only game i consider more challenging was Bloodborne. Of course you can cheat & cheese your way through the game easy if you summon for every Knight of Lothric but that's kind of the point.

And no offense but saying its the worst... *looks at DS2* ...really?
    If you are offended by something i said, im probably at least 45% sorry about it and there is a 3% Chance it was not on purpose!

Blizzard, getting away with murder since at least 2019.

I didn't realise this was some dating site where you had to butter people up the first time you quote them. But maybe you're right, I could contribute more to video games discussions by just stating that the game isn't worth paying for because it's sucks, while elaborating with vague clichés, it's just borderline trolling after all. Seriously though try replaying one of the older games and then say that they're hard, all these games share a core combat system and it's a formula that most us have figured out by now thus making the newer releases have less "charm".
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Ok is it just me or is using Great Swords and Ultra Greatswords (And Axe's) are just not worth the trade off.

I have tested a few and they do around 50 more damage then my +10 Washing Pole but I get less swings.

It could just be me tho but I feel katana's just give more wiggle room all around.

Games definitely fun and worth the money for me, but I am still surprised at how easy its been. I'm waiting for all this difficulty that the game is always hyped up for figuring maybe it just comes in the next zone... or the next zone.. or the next zone. The last 2 bosses I did (sage and deacon) were gimmes for instance, I'm not sure if they just tried too hard for the gimmick or what but the black knight on the road of sacrifice swamp area place has easily been the hardest fight in the game thus far.

I've watched a few streamers who are farther along than me (I judge by the flask count / level cause I have no idea what zones what) and it seems like the game just gets more forgiving the farther in you go due to the flask being upgraded two different ways which allows these people to pretty much just trade most tough mobs to death. I think it such an odd design decision to allow the flask to get that ridiculously strong.

Not sure if the older games are different in that regard, but this ones definitely a lot more forgiving than I was expecting having heard so much about the games difficulty. Still fun though.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

I hate this fight....

Even tried to Co-Op it a couple times and the partner dies really early. Also there seems to be some network issue on the ps4 with DSIII. One min I can be online next I can't and summons keeps failing.

Fucker can 2-3hit me.
    I'd help but I've only reached the cathedral in NG+

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    The only reason why those occur is because dry finger is on. It's no different than invading into a 3v1 gang bang or getting summoned into one in any of the souls game, it's not something remotely foreign. Outside of covenant invasion areas, there's 2 summon slots and 1 invasion slot. Dry finger opens it to 3 invasion slots / 3 summon slots, max of 6 people in one game.
    Being invaded by farron/aldrich almost always results in facing 2 of them and for some reason blues won't help you against them, bug maybe?

Just hopping into this argument to say ds3 is almost definitely the worst game in the series, glad I didn't pay for it myself. Coming from someone who beats the game once and never plays it again, feels like they made 3 way more casual and removed a lot of the "charm" of it. Even as a casual myself, a lot of the appeal is missing.
    Please do go into detail on how they made it way more "Casual".

Even if they did making it more "Casual" is not a bad thing at all. You sound like one of those people who feel special because you "Beat the hard Demon's/Dark Souls" and must brag about it.

I personally feel its the best of the 3 souls games. Opinions are fine but don't be a insulting asshole with the whole "Casual" crap.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Games definitely fun and worth the money for me, but I am still surprised at how easy its been. I'm waiting for all this difficulty that the game is always hyped up for figuring maybe it just comes in the next zone... or the next zone.. or the next zone. The last 2 bosses I did (sage and deacon) were gimmes for instance, I'm not sure if they just tried too hard for the gimmick or what but the black knight on the road of sacrifice swamp area place has easily been the hardest fight in the game thus far.

I've watched a few streamers who are farther along than me (I judge by the flask count / level cause I have no idea what zones what) and it seems like the game just gets more forgiving the farther in you go due to the flask being upgraded two different ways which allows these people to pretty much just trade most tough mobs to death. I think it such an odd design decision to allow the flask to get that ridiculously strong.

Not sure if the older games are different in that regard, but this ones definitely a lot more forgiving than I was expecting having heard so much about the games difficulty. Still fun though.
    In my opinion it got more difficult the farther you go.

To me each zone ramped up in diffculity compared to the last one. To the point where the last 3 boss's and Nameless King I had to Co-Op to beat. To be fair my main issue with Nameless King was the fucken camera angle in phase 1. If I made it to phase 2 I was barely getting him to 70%.

Some of the fights tho was piss easy. Only issue I had with Sage is if I got hit in phase 2 good chance I was dead.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-04-30 at 03:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man, Nameless King is really epic and well designed. Most bosses on the second playthrough went down like cake and even though NLK only killed me once, the 2nd attempt was down to the wire. He's a really intense boss. I love how he delays all of his attacks at different intervals so you really have to react on the fly instead of predicting the roll timings.

BTW JTBrig or anyone else if you need help on Nameless King I'll be on for the next 4 hours or so

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    BTW JTBrig or anyone else if you need help on Nameless King I'll be on for the next 4 hours or so
    Got the kill this morning thx for the offer tho.

I think ill have killed all bosses now.

Is it just me or did the "Story" of DS3 make you feel like a hitman. I kinda felt like one since you had to go around and kill some lords.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I agree DS3 is the easiest of the bunch, but to say it's the worst because of that is just silly. Overall I feel it's the best of the three Dark Souls games, though it has its fair share of flaws just like every other From game.

Demon's Souls and Bloodborne still hold the crown for me anyway, Dark Souls 1 gets too much credit

In my opinion it got my difficult the farther you go.

To me each zone ramped up in diffculity compared to the last one. To the point where the last 3 boss's and Nameless King I had to Co-Op to beat. To be fair my main issue with Nameless King was the fucken camera angle in phase 1. If I made it to phase 2 I was barely getting him to 70%.

Some of the fights tho was piss easy. Only issue I had with Sage is if I got hit in phase 2 good chance I was dead.
    I'm not terribly far in I don't think, but after the very initial difficulty (which for me half of which was starting deprived) it seems like the difficulty mostly leveled out and is clearly getting more forgiving as my flask (and to a lesser extent weapon) gets stronger and stronger.

At the very start I'd run back to the bonfire during trash if I ended up using all my flask charges, now I basically never go through them. I can count on one hand the number of times I've died in a zone before a boss outside of fighting that one black knight dude. I 3shot vordt, 1 shot curse rotted great wood, 2 shot sage and deacons and I only died to either of those because I was being too timid on the first pull to learn the mechanics only to realize you just need to run in and faceroll it. Abyss watchers at least appears to be the first maybe difficult boss fight I've come across, I'm hoping that's the case (bout to find out).

And this is with me mostly just winging it on my very first dark souls game, I don't use a shield and I pretty much only roll and left click when fighting things. I'm just now starting to branch out into other moves with warden blades because you can't just left click spam with it like you can with a katana. Maybe them giving us a katana super early in the game is a mistake, as it seems to be one of the more forgiving weapons.

The games just a lot more forgiving than I expected, and as my flask gets stronger I can get away with being more and more careless because mobs damage doesn't / can't ramp up at the same rate. Again I'm not sure if that was the case with the older games, but this one isn't really delivering on the difficulty that the series is hyped up for. I still find it plenty fun, so that isn't really a problem for me right now as its challenging enough to keep me interested. I was just expecting a far more brutal experience than what I've gotten through thus far.

I feel like the only reason the games hyped up as super hard is because people are spoiled by how trivial everything else has gotten, and this game actually demanding the slightest bit of attention out of them is just such a different change of pace than what the rest of the industry offers these days. Again this is my first dark souls so I have no idea how it compares to the previous titles and I've got a ways to go in this one so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised by one of these zones. But right now its definitely a lot more "casual friendly" (difficulty wise) for lack of a better term than I was expecting. And that's without having even experienced what its like to summon people to help you. That's not entirely a bad thing, but not what I thought the series was about.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    I wonder what casualisation you refer to though. Because that is one of those things were its not true. I consider this game more difficult than DS1 were it was not difficult for mechanics that were just not working out there yet. In fact the only game i consider more challenging was Bloodborne. Of course you can cheat & cheese your way through the game easy if you summon for every Knight of Lothric but that's kind of the point.

And no offense but saying its the worst... *looks at DS2* ...really?
    The only point that feels easier is that you generally don't have the ability to make the mistake of going in the direction of much tougher enemies. DS1 and DS2 you could definitely end up in areas facing enemies you just weren't prepared for - it's harder to do that in DS3.

That said, it does feel like there at least as many threatening enemies for each area that you're in if you're following the difficulty progression as in the other games...possibly a bit more than in DS1. Undead Burg and Undead Parish, for example, didn't have anything threatening at the level you first encounter them except for the one Black Knight and the Boar (neither of which respawned and one was out of the way) until arguably you met the Balder Knights in the area right before the Gargoyles. Iudex Gundyr was also tougher than both the Stray Demon and the Taurus Demon, and he exists as the "tutorial" boss.

You meet the Balder Knights style enemies earlier in DS3, with additional conditional threats like the undead that gains the head snake if you don't eliminate it immediately. The tougher enemies that wouldn't respawn in DS1 and sometimes DS2 do respawn in DS3. On the other hand, trap filled areas like Sen's Fortress are pretty much absent, so the environment itself is less deadly.

That you're basically guided to each area when you're supposed to be in it by virtue of having completed the previous area is the bigger factor in how the difficulty feels, whereas in DS1 and DS2 you had to generally figure out your next direction through a bit of trial and error.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Abyss watchers at least appears to be the first maybe difficult boss fight I've come across, I'm hoping that's the case (bout to find out).
    I definitely think that it's the Abyss Watchers when you'll start to see the difficulty of the boss fights increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    lol I just soloed Nameless King for some dude while he stood in the back...

They really need to fix Boss AI because they basically only aggro to people attacking them, so the host can just sit in the back and not do anything and get free kills. I'm all for making the game easier for people who are struggling, but getting completely carried... yeah I'm not down for that. I could've died and let him handle it on his own but I wanted the Sunlight Medal.