Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Chances are the beta will be a lot shorter than you think. Likely stress testing more than anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Charlie and delta*

Gamma in the western world makes no sense whatsoever!
    That would be Bravo and not Beta then.

This isnt the military phonetic alphabet

Edit:

Hmm i guess i got ninjad several times. Forgot to update after last post lol
    Last edited by mmocfe2bab4c21; 2016-05-01 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    This doesn't mean that it didn't happen, no do yourself a favor a do some search before posting again.
    True, it doesn't mean it didn't happen, but it's rare that Blizzard announcements like that slip under the radar. There are three big WoW sites at least I'd have seen it on.

Also, the onus of proof is on the person making the claim. You claim Blizzard said X, you're the only one here with that impression, it should be easy for you to dig up this quote and make fools out of us all. You are supposed to back up your claim, that's how debate works. You don't require people who don't believe your claims to search for proof themselves, you have to prove it.

The fact you haven't already linked a source for your claim so we can't possibly argue your stance suggests there isn't one and you're either lying, misremembering or trolling. If you're misremembering, people will respect you a lot more if you just admitted it rather than acted condescending and tried to distract us by repeating your claims without proof.

No one was 'attacking' you until you got aggressively defensive.

Actually, I just remembered; a fair while ago I saw someone on a forum who mistakingly thought everyone who pre-purchased Legion was getting Beta access before of the Demon Hunter early access promotion. Is that what you're thinking of?

Unfortunately I did not get into the Alpha. Though I think they don't want to call it a beta yet due to how easy it is to write some bugs/publicly undesired changes off as being "alpha".

Oh well, they better launch the patch right after the movie of we will riot
    Beta is June/July. They should be announcing it this month.

If you call it alpha or beta doesn't really mean anything anymore. The Legion "alpha" is far more finished than an alpha game used to be. The realms are even called "beta test realm 01" etc.

If Legion goes into an official beta stage it'll probably be like a stress test.

Normally Prepatch for a new xpac comes out 6-8 weeks prior. So yes the PTR should be coming up soon I would assume so they can get more testing on class changes and balancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberthug32 View Post
    Normally Prepatch for a new xpac comes out 6-8 weeks prior. So yes the PTR should be coming up soon I would assume so they can get more testing on class changes and balancing.
    The average is a lot closer to 4-5 weeks before the expansion launches, Bt that's beside the point. Given how much of the pre-expansion content is being tested on alpha (the dread lord game, the scenarios, DH's, etc etc), I would be surprised if we actually saw a ptr update for 7.0.

Ironically Blizzard made this change, in part, to stop people whining about Beta access....

I can't imagine Blizzard opening the flood gates for the amount of complaining that would happen if Beta started right now.

Some of what's currently on Alpha is great, and pretty polished. Some of it's not.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's quite a smart trick really. It is beta, they're just calling it alpha.

The only difference with calling it "alpha" is that they can still iterate and make sweeping changes without neck-beard keyboard warriors losing both their proverbial and non-proverbial shit.

As to whether or not they should still be faffing about this close to release, that's a different argument. Within the context of calling it "alpha", that buys them some wiggle-room.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Whatever they're calling it they definitely need to invite more people to test it. Queue times for roles are pretty long. Even seen various WoW streamers say/complain about there being a lack of people in it. Namely when they're doing dungeons, the wait time for healer and or tanks are absurd sometimes.
    Prot Warrior 2004-2008. Hunter 2008-2018.
    Retired boomer.

My predictions:

Early/Mid May - Beta will open up quite a bit and waves will regularly start flowing.
    Early June - PTR will roll out builds for public testing of pre-patch.
    Late July - Pre-Patch rolls out to live
    August 30th Launch

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    I can't imagine Blizzard opening the flood gates for the amount of complaining that would happen if Beta started right now.
    The thing is, even if they change it to Beta today, that doesn't mean the "flood gates" open. Maybe they'll invite a couple more people, but they will never invite everyone, or even close to everyone.

The only exception where they did invite practically everyone was in MoP, and it was pretty terrible for everyone involved. They are unlikely to repeat that experience.

Deleted
    The only Alapha in tihs "Alpha" is the Name of your Bnet launcher
    Everything is Beta inside Reals are called Beta builds are marked as beta even your clent Icons are marked as Beta
    Dont forget that WoD Beta started in much much earlyer stage(only 1 teritory and 92 lv cap if i remember correct) and it was always stated as Alpha in to Battlenet launcher
    Techically for me the Legion is in mid beta stage most of the classes are finished and now they will start working on clearing the bugs
    There is a rumors that character wipes will come soon(tm) but i would not put a ear on these coz they coming from general chat
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2016-05-02 at 01:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghâzh View Post
    Charlie and delta*

Gamma in the western world makes no sense whatsoever!
    Unless you played Earthbound!

Its alpha in name only...the game is at the level most late betas were in before. They could stand to invite more people tho, the servers feel super empty whenever I log in

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by antelope591 View Post
    Its alpha in name only...the game is at the level most late betas were in before. They could stand to invite more people tho, the servers feel super empty whenever I log in
    It's because there's really not a whole lot of changes that haven't already been tested. The moment we get to the point when this Alpha changes into Beta and starts focusing on things a bit more, including damage numbers especially, then you'll see a packed server. Until then...

15+ Year Old Account
    Use your brain please, it's not about the name, it's about the access to beta server...

4 posts from 4 dumb people who can't even understand a simple post...
    Do you plan to test and give feedback on anything you dislike or find broken on the Blizzard forums? Or do you just plan to run around like everyone else and then complain on mmo-champ about it? If not, why do you need access?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Honestly? I'm expecting Blizz to do an "open beta stress test" two weeks before the launch just to piss off the "entitled".

No one in this forum knows how Blizzard wants to test Legion, the entire "not beta/beta" is absolutely pointless and silly.
    But we*do* know Blizzard isn't going to offer an open beta or open stress test after what happened in MOP. They had too many useless people overcrowding the servers because they wanted to look at the game rather than test it. The OP seems to think he will have open beta access probably because all these other companies advertise open beta to promote their product. Blizzard doesn't need an open beta to convince you to buy their product.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

2016 and still no hoverboards. THIS IS BULLSHIT