Switch out "artifact" with "tier set bonus" - of course they're gonna remove it once Legion is over. The best of the traits will be added baseline or as talents.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Losing our artifact sounds like a bad move to me. Also, it is totally unacceptable to simply lose our powers like that. I mean, why build up some really nice things to simply take them away after? SoI and VoT pretty much feel like baseline features, not something you expect to lose on the next expansion or something. Same goes for other specs.
    Lol, have you seen warlords of draenor skill traits and complete loss of them in Legion?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquila View Post
    One thing i was wondering: We use the dagger as catalyst to tap into the void and enhance our Shadow/Void Powers. Thats why we have spells like Void Torrent, Sphere of insanity and Mass hysteria linked to the artifact.

Do you guys think that at the end of legion, when we "lose" our artifact, we will have learned how to use such power without the need of Xal'atath as catalyst, or we will lose the power because its only achievable with a powerful conduit?
    It would be interesting if we tricked the blade and ultimately sacrificed it at the end of the expansion - demonstrating our willpower as Priests to set aside such power when it is no longer required to combat the Legion. It would mean that we are only temporary allies with the blade, as Shadowpriests we are willing to use any means to win, but unlike Warlocks - we're also able to exercise restraint.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Lol, have you seen warlords of draenor skill traits and complete loss of them in Legion?
    We don't have the Shadow Word: Death perk anymore because Shadow Orbs are gone
    We don't have the increased Shadow Orbs cap perk anymore because Shadow Orbs are gone
    We don't have the Power Word: Shield perk anymore because Weakened Soul no longer exist
    We do have the Mind Flay perk baseline now

So not completely gone!

-----
    More whispers from our friend Xal'atath! These ones are once again in the Violet Hold, and he's talking about Mindflayer Kaahrj

The second screenshot was right after Kaahrj died, but I'm not sure if Xal'atath was talking about him or if that was just one of the random whispers. And yes, the boss whispers you during the encounter as well. The usual Old God stuff, nothing too interesting from what I could see. No screenshots of that though.

Huh, looks like our head will become a place for conversations between ancient ones. Sounds awesome. Also, can we read what Faceless say when we're in voidform?

Was the whisper sent to everyone or just you since spriests understand the language of the old gods?

Deleted
    it needs to have voice and speak with you properly. Whispers are not enough if they do not carry the sound.

Honestly, I don't know. It's a bit weird right now because you don't really speak the language (it doesn't say [Shath'yar] when you speak) but your speech does get altered, if that makes sense. Same goes for any mob that speaks Shath'yar, they don't have [Shath'yar] in front of whatever they say either. So I'm not sure if it'll get translated to Common once we enter Voidform, but my guess is it won't. That's not how it's behaving right now anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Nothing compared to the stuff classes are taking with their artifacts? VoT is an active trait and SoI is something that adds up nicely with the class as thematic thing. Only Mass Hysteria resembles a typical trait of a past expansion whereas it is simply numbers boost.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    it needs to have voice and speak with you properly. Whispers are not enough if they do not carry the sound.
    With the frequency it seems to talk to you that could become distracting quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Isentropy View Post
    We don't have the Shadow Word: Death perk anymore because Shadow Orbs are gone
    We don't have the increased Shadow Orbs cap perk anymore because Shadow Orbs are gone
    We don't have the Power Word: Shield perk anymore because Weakened Soul no longer exist
    We do have the Mind Flay perk baseline now

So not completely gone!

-----
    More whispers from our friend Xal'atath! These ones are once again in the Violet Hold, and he's talking about Mindflayer Kaahrj

The second screenshot was right after Kaahrj died, but I'm not sure if Xal'atath was talking about him or if that was just one of the random whispers. And yes, the boss whispers you during the encounter as well. The usual Old God stuff, nothing too interesting from what I could see. No screenshots of that though.
    Trash talking the servants of other Old Gods. Well screw it, I'm going to ignore the warning on the blade. It's my best friend now.

However, I believe the "Boring" is just one of its random kill quotes, since someone else posted it. However, I don't mind repeat quote posts. It helps better discern what activates them.

I already believe the dagger is my best friend. I like killing things. It likes eating killed things. This is a match made in heaven let's be honest.

@Theed

For The Void 5, I had an idea for a sequence you could do, although unfortunately I'm not sure exactly how it could be done or whether it would be worth it for you. It seems like it would be a lot of work.

The idea is to take one or more duels with a melee class and break it down into specific moments and sequences, pausing to explain the shadowpriest's thought process and options in the fight, carefully and meticulously showing how limited our options are. Afterwards, make the point that we understand the design concept of a class with a lot of group support options but that is designed with said vulnerabilities and relies on teammates for heals and peels - and that we'd like the option to talent away or give up one or more of those group utilities for better personal defense/escape tools so we can solo better.

Anyway, you asked someone if they had any input on what they'd like to see in your next PvP video. A sequence like that would make me very happy, although if it's too big of a pain in the ass that's fine too, I'll just be happy to watch more of your content.

Yeah, I thought 'Boring' was just one of the random quotes. He's not wrong though, even the dagger knows Violet Hold is boring!

Deleted
    Xal`atath is fucking based.

I hope they keep on adding more and more lines and character to him as content patches go on - think about it, we basically get our own little naughty, witty sidekick.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    With the frequency it seems to talk to you that could become distracting quickly.
    at least it should whisper some random thing like xal'atoh from time to time. and to be honest I would not mind him distracting me during questing with more loew and insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    @Theed

For The Void 5, I had an idea for a sequence you could do, although unfortunately I'm not sure exactly how it could be done or whether it would be worth it for you. It seems like it would be a lot of work.

The idea is to take one or more duels with a melee class and break it down into specific moments and sequences, pausing to explain the shadowpriest's thought process and options in the fight, carefully and meticulously showing how limited our options are. Afterwards, make the point that we understand the design concept of a class with a lot of group support options but that is designed with said vulnerabilities and relies on teammates for heals and peels - and that we'd like the option to talent away or give up one or more of those group utilities for better personal defense/escape tools so we can solo better.

Anyway, you asked someone if they had any input on what they'd like to see in your next PvP video. A sequence like that would make me very happy, although if it's too big of a pain in the ass that's fine too, I'll just be happy to watch more of your content.
    I don't think the issue is that they don't understand these limitations or know where and why they exist. To me these limitations are 100% intentional and designed by them. The designers are likely hyper-aware of the facts this idea would spell out.... The issue is that you would be making a video showing them exactly what they designed shadow priest to be.

I don't think people give the developers enough credit at times for how aware they are of their own design. I think people mistake silence for ignorance.
    Last edited by Kretan; 2016-05-02 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by davesignal View Post
    Does it even speak that frequently? It's taken awhile and several people to get as many quotes as we did.

I'm thinking it is pretty sporadic outside of the specific triggers, since I have seen little talk of the whispers outside of this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kretan View Post
    I don't think the issue is that they don't understand these limitations or know where and why they exist. To me these limitations are 100% intentional and designed by them. The designers are likely hyper-aware of the facts this idea would spell out.... The issue is that you would be making a video showing them exactly what they designed shadow priest to be.

I don't think people give the developers enough credit at times for how aware they are of their own design. I think people mistake silence for ignorance.
    Did you see this part of the post?--->

and that we'd like the option to talent away or give up one or more of those group utilities for better personal defense/escape tools so we can solo better.
    That's kind of the ultimate point of the sequence, and yes I think the developers underestimate just how hard we're countered by these specs.