Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Ah yeah. I had fun last night stomping "noobs" for hours. Think me and two friends won like 20 games in a row and none of us are even that good at shooters.
    The fact that evey team has these players that only plays this one hero makes a cordinated premade run over people like it's silly.

Must suck to solo queue though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    First impressions?
    It sucks balls because the game won't launch properly. Blizz has known about this issue since November and still has not fixed the issue. Many people cannot play this game and it's sad that Blizz cannot figure out the reason.
    Lucky it's the open beta then eh?! I guess that's the entire reason the game isn't released to retail yet

Wouldn't say the game sucks balls because you can't play it, just a bug you need to submit and wait for a fix. It's like rating a movie 0/10 because they wouldn't let you in the cinema... Or saying a specific dish was terrible at a restaurant because the chef phoned in sick.

First impressions
    Average at best. Fun for a while but I can see it becoming boring very quickly.
    It's pretty but the art style isn't to my taste.
    Major balance issues that need to be addressed.
    I've put about 5 hours into it tonight and frankly I'm going to play something else today, It's not enough to hold my attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just got in yesterday, love the game to bits, but I get super nervous playing team based games with strangers as I always fear there is going to be that one guy! :P

I have only playe dlike three games, but so far people in game have been super friendly and helpful <3 (so far...)
    Last edited by Orby; 2016-05-03 at 10:48 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Randomly disconnected a few games. Some people not using abilities for their characters (mostly reinhardts with the not using the shield) but the newer folks aren't gonna be super awesome at the start and I'm fine with that they'll learn. Overall I'm having fun with it and looking forward to getting time in with a few friends and coworkers in a couple days.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

Game is okay. It's not enough to hold my attention for long. I can see myself playing maybe a couple matches a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Ah yeah. I had fun last night stomping "noobs" for hours. Think me and two friends won like 20 games in a row and none of us are even that good at shooters.
    The fact that evey team has these players that only plays this one hero makes a cordinated premade run over people like it's silly.

Must suck to solo queue though.
    Solo queue is awful. I have something like a 25% winrate. I realise "LOL COZ UR IN DEM XDDDD" but when it's nothing but Soldier 76's and Genji's, zero people pushing because they're scared of their K/D and the occasional Mercy being left to rot, I'm not surprised.

Deleted
    I love this. Solo queued since I started and won 6 matches in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Solo queue is awful. I have something like a 25% winrate. I realise "LOL COZ UR IN DEM XDDDD" but when it's nothing but Soldier 76's and Genji's, zero people pushing because they're scared of their K/D and the occasional Mercy being left to rot, I'm not surprised.
    My experience from both weekend beta's was the same. If i was grouped with at least 1-2 friends that gave us potential to be objective based and some form of coordination, the game was fine and very fun. If i was queued alone, it felt like i was up against premades as a team of 6 individuals more often than not and we got punished for it BADLY... ie: spawn farmed until the last few seconds of the game. I had some games that my team won because we got camped so hard that they ignored the objectives completely but it was still a very VERY frustrating experience to not be able to play the game at all.

Some of the tanks don't feel like tanks. They die immediately and there is nothing you can do about it. Most success I have had with Reinhardt. That shield is ridiculously useful.
    While I like D.va, she is just useless once the mech dies and it takes a really long time to get another and the shield while good when it is up, is on too long cooldown to be useful while hero like Reinhardt can just pop it on and off as they like.
    Roadhog? More like a roadkill. Dies before he can do anything useful at least in my hands.
    Winston is good with the shield. It is durable and can hold a point, but nowhere near useful as Reinhardts.
    Zarya. Wtf. I just can't get anything done with this hero.

Of course this is all my opinion as a very new player. I have a feeling the heroes that feel less useful are very much useful in a coordinated team.

Deleted
    Think tank more or less mean they can take more punishment than your avarage squishy hero.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Think tank more or less mean they can take more punishment than your avarage squishy hero.
    This^ Tank doesn't mean a soaker in Overwatch. Support doesn't mean a dedicated healer, either.

Overwatch has a wonderful cast of heroes with a lot of diversity between them. I'd be good to go if I wasn't awful at FPS games. I suppose that will come with time.

Also, to echo an earlier sentiment... I've been playing against the AI, 'cause I'm afraid of being "that guy" when paired up with strangers. I have the same fear in other games. :S

Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Yeah, it'll fix itself in a way when ranked is out though. People will be more worried about win/loss than K/D in ranked.
    Just hang in there. Quick play is random after all.

i've finally had some good Lucios on my team and its like seeing a unicorn for the first time. its beautiful.
    when ur playing attack on hanamura tho its a nightmare, esp if the other team is actually good (or just has a battalion of bastions lined up at the point) but hell even the frustrating maps are fun imo

I had a lot of fun with the regular mode, and in past weekend betas in the arcade mode in the past, but this week's or last night(I'm not sure how often those change) arcade mode of random hero's just didn't play well (worst team comp of the night was an all support team - 3 Symettra, a Mercy, Lucio, and I think there was a Zenyatta but I didn't see him) . But honestly that's the first time in all the different beta cycles of the game that I didn't enjoy playing the game for an extended period of time.
    One of these days, I should probably figure out a decent signature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Complaining that the game is "bad" because there are more experienced players is a pretty silly argument.
    true, but as there wont be ranked matchmaking at launch and as they allow groups to queue into solo players.....thats not silly arguements, thats bad design.

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Some of the tanks don't feel like tanks. They die immediately and there is nothing you can do about it. Most success I have had with Reinhardt. That shield is ridiculously useful.
    While I like D.va, she is just useless once the mech dies and it takes a really long time to get another and the shield while good when it is up, is on too long cooldown to be useful while hero like Reinhardt can just pop it on and off as they like.
    Roadhog? More like a roadkill. Dies before he can do anything useful at least in my hands.
    Winston is good with the shield. It is durable and can hold a point, but nowhere near useful as Reinhardts.

Of course this is all my opinion as a very new player. I have a feeling the heroes that feel less useful are very much useful in a coordinated team.
    You need a healer to function properly as a tank. No healer = useless tank.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    true, but as there wont be ranked matchmaking at launch and as they allow groups to queue into solo players.....thats not silly arguements, thats bad design.
    There will be ranked matchmaking at launch. You need to be level 25 to queue though.

Reinhardt is useful yes but he can be countered easily, there are attacks which go right through his shield. He's a good tank to start with. Good tactics...or a single bastion...can tear through his shield in seconds.

ALL the tanks are useful in their own ways and all are tough as nails done right. You have to play them right.

You need to get a hand of them. You cant just wade into battle and expect to live. They are generally tougher than dps but there are tank killers out there who will blow you up.

Roadhog is a selfish brawler tank with heavy dps and a spread attack. He's a huge target but can heal himself to full, has oodles of HP and his ult is devastating.

Winston is a disruption tank, he's meant to launch into sniper nests or groups and use his shield strategically. His weapon hits multiple targets in range. His ult heals his health to full and gives it a massive bonus. His launch is on a very short CD during his ult and his knockback spam is heavily disrupting and near cliffs, deadly.

D.va is damn deadly with constant fire, disabling shooting attacks and her mobility with flight (which knocks back too). She can survive her mechs death and call it back pretty quickly as her weapon fire charges it up at a very fast rate. She has one of the DEADLIEST ults in the game unless you're standing behind a pole.

Zarya can set up deadly ult combo's with her team and her shields are amazing when used right. Her damage is immense when her beam gets powered up through her shields. She takes more skill than the others to keep your beam maintained, land alt fire on groups and knowing when and who to use shields on.

None of the tanks are bad, they just take experience and practice.

Doing reinhardt or winston all the time for every situation will lead to some VERY bad experiences.

10+ Year Old Account

"Tank" does not mean "can soak up focus fire". About the only tank-class who can do that at all is Reinhardt, and that's only if he has his shield up, meaning that 1> he's moving at a snail's pace, 2> he can't attack at all, and 3> It has limited health and focus fire will still drop it. Sure, it's useful at major choke points; I had a match as Reinhardt where I blocked the main entrance to the point and shielded my teammates from a hanzo and a widowmaker who couldn't do anything but try and snipe them (speaking to the players, not the heroes). But if they'd been smart and flanked me, I'd have died. That's not Reinhardt being OP, that's them not outplaying me.

Roadhog's probably my favorite tank. He's not a soaker. He's a harasser. He's the guy that grabs the center of their defense and eats it for lunch. His self-heal gives him a TON of skirmish capacity, since any fight he survives, he can heal back from, without support. If you're diving the point without support, sure, you're gonna die, but that's because of the "without support" side of things. Same would happen with Reinhardt/Winston, you just might delay it a bit longer with your shield.