Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by procne View Post
    Well, what else do you propose? Fining bullies' parents will have bad impact on bullies' wellbeing. Letting bullies run rampant will have bad impact on bullied kids' wellbeing. You traded one for the other. Personally I'd prefer for bullies to be punished, than the other way around.
    Ok, you punish the bully, his parents lose money, they are hard up as it is, where does this lead?

1 parents take their anger out on the bully, the bully does what he has always been doing and takes his anger out on the bullied kid, this time he physically assaults the kid and tells him that if he ever fucking does anything like that again he will kill him, kid is terrified and shuts up
    Verdict? nobody wins

2 parents dont have the life skills to know how to deal with their kid, they try to stem bullying but just genuinely dont know what to do because they legitimately lack the skills, which is very likely since we are in this situation to begin with, they cant afford the risk of a 600$ fine lest they get kicked out of their house, so they pull their kid from school. kid misses out on education, becomes a burden on the state and maybe even turns to crime
    Verdict? bullied kid wins short term

3 parents say to themselves 'oh gee whiz, i thought our little daniel was a nice kid, im so disappointed, no more cookies and icecream for a month!" the bully agrees to behave and they all live happily ever after, the end

out of these 3 situations, i just have a horrible feeling that the first 2 are going to be the most likely.

Bullying isnt really the problem, its a symptom, the kid is hurting and lacks the reason to control his anger, he doesnt know how to cope with his hurt. when other kids do shit that pisses him off, he reacts by doing what he has learnt.

Dont get me wrong, i had my share of bullying, and i wanted nothing more than to take a knife to school and sort a few of them out, but in retrospect, i wouldnt want to be any of the dick heads that bullied me, being a slave to your anger and completely lacking propper self control, no thank you.
    I remember getting in a fight with one guy, traded a black eye for a bleeding nose, after the fight broke up we kind of immediately became friends...

Quote Originally Posted by waldor22 View Post
    maybe you should look at why your kid is getting bullied first?
    like if the kid is acting like a sperg he is just bringing this on himself.
    Damn straight. There was this kid who got bullied by almost everyone. He left the school but I saw him on TV a few years later talking about his difficulty with bullies (I was still at school) and he had been to 7 schools in 3 years because he kept on getting bullied at each school. He wasn't different, he was just a normal white dude. He wasn't fat, he wasn't gay, he wasn't handicapped or retarded and he was not a person of colour. Yet he got bullied at 7 schools. If the person is not different and is getting bullied at all of those different places, isn't it the individual getting bullied doing something wrong? Why is this person getting bullied by all of these different people if there is nothing wrong with them? The "victim"must be doing something to provoke these "attacks". I got bullied a little bit and I know exactly why that was. I gave the wrong kid "smartmouth" and he was faster than me so I couldn't run away, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Bullying isnt really the problem, its a symptom, the kid is hurting and lacks the reason to control his anger, he doesnt know how to cope with his hurt. when other kids do shit that pisses him off, he reacts by doing what he has learnt.

Dont get me wrong, i had my share of bullying, and i wanted nothing more than to take a knife to school and sort a few of them out, but in retrospect, i wouldnt want to be any of the dick heads that bullied me, being a slave to your anger and completely lacking propper self control, no thank you.
    I remember getting in a fight with one guy, traded a black eye for a bleeding nose, after the fight broke up we kind of immediately became friends...
    Oh I agree, and I would welcome any other solution. Bullying is a symptom, but it's other people suffering from it. Sure, it's best to remove the causes for the symptom, but I don't think you would be able to do that anytime soon, if ever. For now you can at least try to protect others.
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izalla View Post
    My sister is autistic (but not so much as to not be able to look after herself) and she got bullied so hard in junior high, one kid flipped over the desk she was sitting at and injured her. Then one day my family got a call from the kid who did it (and the majority of the bullying), and he was begging for my dad to call off the kids at his house threatening to beat him up. Turns out some older kids, kids who would be graduating that year and were thus 17/18, didn't like how he was treating my sister. I don't even know how they knew my sister, but they showed up at his house and threatened to beat him up if he didn't leave her alone. He thought my dad put them up to it because of all the times my parents went to the school talking to teachers and the principal trying to protect her from him bullying the ever-loving hell out of her.

So yeah, sometimes bullying is just something every kid deals with and it sucks, but sometimes it's friggin horrible and no one should have to put up with that level of torment.
    As an autistic guy myself and been bullied for it, I love what that guy did to the bully.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Here's the funny thing .. the cops wanna fine the parents because the COPS aren't doing their jobs?! What .....
    Cops can ARREST Bullies, it's a felony now. Fuck the fine, toss that kid in juvy for a day or two, he'll get the point.
    The real people who need to get fined are the principals who sit by and do NOTHING.

I've worked on and off in education and I RARELY if EVER see a principal step up to plate with a bully.
    They seem to be more terrified of the bullies than other students are.

They'll try the "he didn't mean it .." line, or anything else they can think of to avoid doing their goddamn job.

Hell, I've seen a class, AND the teacher .. tell a principal who was doing the bullying -- and the principal chewed out the VICTIM OF IT .. and left the bully COMPLETELY ALONE! ..

Cops can arrest bullies now, parents need to just go to the police and leave the school out of it.

You still wanna fine the parents too? Then say every kid who gets arrested, has to post "bail". i.e. the parent has to pay to get them out and we'll see how that works out for the kids and the parents.

I thought parents are responsible for the actions of their children until those children become adults. Isn't it so in US?
    At least in my country it is. And if parents can't stop their children from doing bad things then children are taken away from them or put in special secured reeducation facilities (practically prisons for kids). True, those kids don't get better in those facilities but at least they don't do crimes anymore.

What happens in US if a kid kills / injures someone on purpose or commits other serious crimes?
    It depends on the actions. Obviously parents can be largely accountable but kids are still people and people do fucked up stuff on their own.

If a kid kills someone they are tried in a court of law and their parents are charged separately if at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can parents control what their kids do at school? This law doesn't make sense to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeones View Post
    What kind of person writes this stuff. Also, why is it when I see horrible stuff like this written I start noticing little things like the lack of capitalization despite the use of punctuation?
    Then why don't you use a question mark to end the sentence when you're asking a question? I think we all make mistakes at times.
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    maybe you should look at why your kid is getting bullied first?
    like if the kid is acting like a sperg he is just bringing this on himself.
    nice victim blaming there.

Bullying is never acceptable. in adults it would be assault or harassment, but because its kids, who are vulnerable and who can have the rest of their lives affect by it, its ok?

You people disgust me.

teach your pussy kids to fight back

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    nice victim blaming there.

Bullying is never acceptable. in adults it would be assault or harassment, but because its kids, who are vulnerable and who can have the rest of their lives affect by it, its ok?

You people disgust me.
    the queen is a whore
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

Oh I agree, and I would welcome any other solution. Bullying is a symptom, but it's other people suffering from it. Sure, it's best to remove the causes for the symptom, but I don't think you would be able to do that anytime soon, if ever. For now you can at least try to protect others.
    Well i think if psychological help was more widely available and priced in a range that the people that need it most could afford we could begin to make progress, though its hard to boost someones self esteem in a world that rejects them

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    How can parents control what their kids do at school? This law doesn't make sense to me.
    I think the point is that if you bring up your child right, and discourage bad behavior at home, the consequence will be less bullying in schools. I guess some parents need a kick in the ass to act.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    My kids are good students. Their peers and the staff know them as good kids. But im not oblivious to the fact that they can get out of hand when their mom or I aren't around to keep them in check. So this is a SOUND idea. Especially for the parents who come barking at the teachers because their 'angels' got detention for the 6th time this year. It's inconvenient for the parents to wake up at 7AM on Saturday to drop their kids off to Saturday detention, we get it, but its just as inconvenience for the teachers to try and speak over students who interrupt the class constantly.

This being said, someone mentioned earlier how do we stop this from being abused.. How indeed? If you can fix that and balance this out, shoot i'll bring it up and help vote it in at the next School Site Council meeting. You have my word on that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargulf View Post
    teach your pussy kids to fight back

- - - Updated - - -

the queen is a whore
    yes, teach kids to be violent because you are a shite parent. ...

also, nice logical arguement there. Btw, I'm a republican, I don't want to keep the monarchy so.....failhard?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Discipline doesn't begin at school, it begins at home. Im guessing you dont have children... at least I dont think you do. But I do. And I can tell you right now that the kids behavior at school is a reflection of what goes on at home for the most part. Having the parents pay a fine ensures that the parents lay down the LAW at home or they have to pay for not doing so.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post

This being said, someone mentioned earlier how do we stop this from being abused.. How indeed? If you can fix that and balance this out, shoot i'll bring it up and help vote it in at the next School Site Council meeting. You have my word on that.
    same way you keep any rule/law from being abused, you apply it proportionally and with reasonable flexibility. Its how society works.....

Good idea.

Historically, bullies have been shown to have a bad home life. Maybe if their home life has to pay a little for being so shitty to the kid in the first place, it might change a few bullies around.

yes?
    act like a normal kid and you won't get bullied
    That is probably the worst advice I have ever read. Aside from just blaming the victim, you really think kids can just "act normal"? In this day and age of intelligence being suppressed and ridiculed, you're suggesting that kids should just let their grades slide in order to fit in? "Acting normal" is the WORST thing that kids can do. We need kids to stand up like they used to and break the mold. Nowadays if you do that you get bullied back into submission.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Tell that to the kids who are born with autism and other mental disorders that didn't really ask to have those. I'm unsure about the law but don't act like it's so simple.
    Agreed, bullying something that looks different, and we have the advice to just "act normal." How is a down syndrome kid supposed to "act normal" when they look so different? I was fortunate to be in the same classes as a down syndrome kid quite a bit growing up, and I defended him plenty. Yeah, i got bullied just like most kids, but submitting and allowing the thumb to land on you will just embolden them. You land a nice kick into a bully's groin, and that kid won't be messing with you for long. Do that every time he comes near you and you won't be seeing him at all. Sorry to say it, but violence IS the answer sometimes. Stand up to bullies. Don't let the system which supports their actions deal with your grievances.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Its not that simple. Even "normal' kids get bullied for a variety of reasons. Me? Glasses, early developer and attention from boys. None of that was under my control.
    Girl bullies can be more vindictive and cruel than boys could ever hope to be. You have my sympathies. I hope you got back at them a few times, or made peace with them. No one needs that shit hanging over them for their life.
    Quote Originally Posted by blobbydan View Post
    We're all doomed. Let these retards shuffle the chairs on the titanic. They can die in a safe space if they want to... Whatever. What a miserable joke this life is. I can't wait until it's all finally over and I can return to the sweet oblivion of the void.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    I think the point is that if you bring up your child right, and discourage bad behavior at home, the consequence will be less bullying in schools. I guess some parents need a kick in the ass to act.
    Still, I don't see how one can be penalized for something they don't have direct control over. This goes against everything system of justice is about. No matter how much you discourage bad behavior at home, when at school, your kid is on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    It makes perfect sense. Discipline doesn't begin at school, it begins at home. Im guessing you dont have children... at least I dont think you do. But I do. And I can tell you right now that the kids behavior at school is a reflection of what goes on at home for the most part. Having the parents pay a fine ensures that the parents lay down the LAW at home or they have to pay for not doing so.
    Shall we maybe fine people for not managing to talk their friends out of committing suicide, too? There are many fines we can introduce this way, and our system will become a mess as a result.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    yes, teach kids to be violent because you are a shite parent. ...

also, nice logical arguement there. Btw, I'm a republican, I don't want to keep the monarchy so.....failhard?
    at least i found a chick to have kids with you flametard
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...