Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Unreal engine 4 - duskwood

So, i quess blizzard again lie to us about upgrading the old engine to a new one.. OFC THEY CAN if a person like him can do it ;/ same as thing with nostarlius.. OFC they cant make vanilla realms because its TOO HEAVY

www cinemablend com /games/World-Warcraft-Duskwood-Recreated-Unreal-Engine-4-Gives-Off-Whole-Vibe-135427.html

Your logic, I don't even know where to start. But good video anyway.

Unreal is a totally different engine to blizzards own in house one used for WoW which is a heavily modified WC3 engine.

They wouldn't recreate vanilla WoW in it either. There's a lot wrong with this post. 0/10, would not read again.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Disregarding OP's absurd troll-bait, this video is pretty cool.

You realize it's only landscape made here in that video right? No gameplay systems at all, I've been doing something like this with Gothic I, recreating landscape in UE4 but without any NPCs, quests, events, UI, sure my stuff didn't looked half as good as on this video but that's actually pretty easy to do, hard stuff is to do everything whats "under the hood".

Deleted
    Hope that when UT4 comes out that these will be released to the community to make some TDM / DM games in.
    Running round Elwynn Forrest, westfall, and darkshire with a plasma rifle ? Count me in!

15+ Year Old Account
    Whilst certainly neat looking the lighting (or lack of therefor) of the zone doesn't really do UE4 a justice. His Wesfall looks a lot better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkiszotxq View Post
    So, i quess blizzard again lie to us about upgrading the old engine to a new one.. OFC THEY CAN if a person like him can do it ;/ same as thing with nostarlius.. OFC they cant make vanilla realms because its TOO HEAVY

www cinemablend com /games/World-Warcraft-Duskwood-Recreated-Unreal-Engine-4-Gives-Off-Whole-Vibe-135427.html
    Now put in the rest of the game and watch people whine when their computer can't run it.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche

The video is cool but you're a bit of a tool, OP.

Deleted
    Wish i could silence every classic realm whiner on this forum.

Deleted

How are they lying? Because one guy went and spend the time to recreate a small fraction of the visuals of the game?
    They would need to build the ENTIRE GAME from the ground up on the new engine... and it would be riddled with bugs and performance problems.
    They probably don't have classic code that would run with the battle.net they habe now versus from 10 years ago, these are things private servers don't have to deal with.

10/10 Troll bait, would spit on again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletroll View Post
    Wish i could silence every classic realm whiner on this forum.
    Throw in the "i want flying", "x raid/dungeon is haaaard and difficuuuuult" etc in aswell.

My issue with these vids is, while impressive, it completely lacks the charm of the art style Blizzard has created with WoW. It makes it look like every other Fantasy RPG out there. It lack character and soul in the visuals when its recreated like this.

Been disgust many times. It wont work, It would divide the player-base. WoW is designed to run on all types of hardware not just the new.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good for a fly-through. Now let's see what it looks like with functioning classes, spells, quests, interface, NPCs, cutscenes, events, and whatever truly makes a game a game.

I will encourage u and go back in time when blizz announced min system reqs for legion. Just check the shitstorm of ppl crying about how their 10 years old potatoes would run the game. And u want wow to run U4 decently with min 16gb ram, 2 gb min video cards and 22 inc monitors with 1080? U have no idea how many poor pcs are out there.

Hell, I'll bite.
    upgrading the old engine to a new one
    This isn't a new engine - it's a completely different engine.
    Of course Blizzard could either take Unreal 4 (or any other engine) or just make a new one themselves, but... That would force them to literally recreate the whole game within the new engine. And that would take some serious resources and time only to remake WHAT IS ALREADY THERE, making people like you cry that Blizzard is evil because "no new content".

OFC THEY CAN if a person like him can do it
    While I'm not trying to take away from the hard of work of the person who created this, you should remember that it is a fan project made for fun. Recreating a whole game within a new engine... Yeah, I can totally see how people would be happy to pay for what most of them would see as updated visuals without any real content. Blizzard is a company, they make games primarily for money - doing what you suggest wouldn't pay for itself.

If anything, if they wanted to put the game in a new engine, it would make much more sense to do World of Warcraft 2, not put all that effort into remaking the original WoW.

OFC they cant make vanilla realms because its TOO HEAVY
    Yeah, that is most likely bullshit. I strongly believe that if Blizzard wanted to, they could create servers for pretty much any version of WoW they wish. The reason why they don't do it is not because "they can't" - it's because they don't want to, for reasons that we might only try and guess. Bottom line - I'm pretty sure that by now they've looked into it and simply decided that's not what they, as a developer, should be doing. And, quite frankly, I respect their right to make that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    Now put in the rest of the game and watch people whine when their computer can't run it.
    Can run black desert just fine, pretty sure if you couldn't run an update to wows graphics you just need to upgrade.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    I will encourage u and go back in time when blizz announced min system reqs for legion. Just check the shitstorm of ppl crying about how their 10 years old potatoes would run the game. And u want wow to run U4 decently with min 16gb ram, 2 gb min video cards and 22 inc monitors with 1080? U have no idea how many poor pcs are out there.
    And yeah, there's that too.
    Also, just look at how much controversy there was with... UPDATED CHARACTER MODELS and imagine that if a few models spurred so much controversy, how much drama there would be if they changed the look of the ENTIRE GAME so dramatically.

7+ Year Old Account
    Relax guys, it's a trap. Anyone who genuinely uses the argument logic OP has shown here is likely not intelligent enough to work a computer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    There's nothing left to do but take our own lives.
    DH / Shaman / Warrior / Druid / Mage / Rogue / Warlock