Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Yeah they should teleport me from the log in screen right to the raid boss that i want to kill.
    One is adding tedium to the game, the other is removing the fun. Guess which is which.

Deleted
    Why you determine mine fun, is that not how you arguing all the time? You have not fun talking randoms in dungeons.

So when teleporting to dungeons is soooo fun i want my fun too.

I want also teleport to every other npc on the game when i visit him one, its so teeedious

guess who digs hole
    Do you lose your ability to form sentences when you talk to someone who doesn't agree with you?

I don't want to determine how you have fun. Teleport to all the npcs and raid bosses you want. Just don't pretend it is even remotely the same as teleporting to the entrance of a dungeon.

Deleted
    Why you determine mine fun, is that not how you arguing all the time? You have not fun talking randoms in dungeons.

So when teleporting to dungeons is soooo fun i want my fun too.

I want also teleport to every other npc on the game when i visit him one, its so teeedious

guess who digs hole
    Your fun is obviously transportation, and you are perfectly able to do that. You may not have noticed, but noone here is saying "Remove dungeon entrances entirely, only let us teleport there". So knock yourself out, you can run to all the dungeons you want to. Why do you need to remove the option to teleport there for people who dislike transportation?

Deleted
    yeah i also dont want to remove that you are can walk to raid bosses or npcs, i want the OPTIOn that i can port to them from my login screen

you can walk to them, whats the problem? Am i missing something here?
    The problem is, you think porting from the login screen to Archimonde is the same as porting from questing to a dungeon in a different zone.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    One is adding tedium to the game, the other is removing the fun. Guess which is which.
    There is nothing wrong with teleporting into the instance in a random group. Before this feature was implemented, I was one of the "dumb", social people who actually did the travel, while the rest conveniently have been ported with the summoning stone. Yeah, great thing if some people get abused constantly. Yes, nowadays I sometimes get a summon, but still, it's me who is porting others most of the time. As long as there is some way of summoning in the game, the teleportation thing should be in there, too. If we remove warlock summons and summoning stones, so EVERYBODY has to travel, then we can talk about removing instance teleports in the automatic matchmaking feature.

Deleted
    you can port anytime to a dungeon, doesnt matter if you are questing or in a differnt zone, pls spread no false information again.
    And now you don't even make sense.
    Where did I say you it matters if I quest or am in another zone?

Do you lose your ability to form sentences when you talk to someone who doesn't agree with you?

I don't want to determine how you have fun. Teleport to all the npcs and raid bosses you want. Just don't pretend it is even remotely the same as teleporting to the entrance of a dungeon.
    While I wouldn't want to teleport to an NPC (and I doubt the one asking for it wants that either), I am baffled at the way you don't seem to get why he is saying this.

Lets assume this feature (teleporting at will to a location of your choosing, be it NPC or other right?) does exist. Will players use it? I mean they could also choose not to use it right? Just like they can choose not to use the LFX-tool.

I may be gambling here... but I do believe that you would not be happy with this addition to the game right? But I am also willing to bet that you would (if it wasn't enough to make you unsub) also make use of it. As it is there and everyone (over a small amount of time) will start using it.

And at this point you are at the same level as "we" (Kaito92 and me) are.

PS: @ people in this thread: calling people idiots, liars, stupid and calling out their ability to form proper sentences however braincrampy.... should be avoided to have a decent conversation. If you are adults... act like it please.

Deleted
    When it doesnt matter why you bringt it up, are you dumb?

So if it doesnt matter is it the same
    How? How is skipping the whole raid content the same as skipping the tedious walk to the entrance of the raid? If you like the walk you can do it. Otherwise there are teleports to the entrance of the raid/dungeon. You still have to do the dungeon.

Why do you pretend to be dumber than a sack of rocks?

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-05-03 at 08:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    While I wouldn't want to teleport to an NPC (and I doubt the one asking for it wants that either), I am baffled at the way you don't seem to get why he is saying this.

Lets assume this feature (teleporting at will to a location of your choosing, be it NPC or other right?) does exist. Will players use it? I mean they could also choose not to use it right? Just like they can choose not to use the LFX-tool.

I may be gambling here... but I do believe that you would not be happy with this addition to the game right? But I am also willing to bet that you would (if it wasn't enough to make you unsub) also make use of it. As it is there and everyone (over a small amount of time) will start using it.

PS: @ people in this thread: calling people idiots, liars, stupid and calling out their ability to form proper sentences however braincrampy.... should be avoided to have a decent conversation. If you are adults... act like it please.
    One has a purpose, the other does not.

Instead of teleporting to NPC's I'd argue that teleporting to dungeons is probably more similar to automatically picking up a quest when you interact with something in an area. So instead of having to go to some village nearby, you can just kill stuff in the cave and you automatically get the quests related to the area. Oddly enough, I don't think anyone would mind a system like that. Similar to how most people don't mind being teleported to dungeons.

Again, it is because people don't lose out on anything worthwhile. Explain to me why running to a dungeon is worthwhile compared to teleporting to it, and I'll see if I agree. So far, you haven't been able to provide any good reason though.

Also, the not choosing to use X argument is bullshit. So, you guys teleport to dungeons, guess you could just choose not to use "Insert horribly OP thing here" if that was implemented, am I right? No, you are not, examples like that are completely worthless in a debate. Come up with some solid reasoning instead and maybe people will take you seriously.

Edit: The other two are now a perfect example of why it is a bullshit argument. Now they are going back and forth on stuff completely unrelated to the issue at hand, and Kaito92 somehow probably thinks he is winning.
    Last edited by mmoc738030ea5a; 2016-05-03 at 01:14 PM.

Deleted
    I get why he is saying that. I am saying the two things aren't even remotely similar.

I for one would choose not to use it, because if I am out questing I like to travel. If I am done with the quests and just want to get to a dungeon, I like to port there.

No we are not, because I can see how the two things are completely different, but also because I wouldn't use the npc port thing, since I like traveling when I don't want to do dungeons.

I would love to avoid it, and if he talked like that all the time I wouldn't care. But when he's talking to you he seems to be able to at least punctuate. So he reverts to this incomprehensible bufoon only when answering to me. That to me seems to be on purpose.

Deleted
    What he does not get, and i do not either, is what gameplay so amazing it is lost by not having to fly, ride, take a taxi, have a summon, to the entrance of the dungeon.
    I am sorry i have played vanilla wow, and i can´t see what you guys lose because of the teleportation to the dungeon thing.
    Last edited by mmoccf1d2005b5; 2016-05-03 at 01:15 PM.

I get why he is saying that. I am saying the two things aren't even remotely similar.

I for one would choose not to use it, because if I am out questing I like to travel. If I am done with the quests and just want to get to a dungeon, I like to port there.

No we are not, because I can see how the two things are completely different, but also because I wouldn't use the npc port thing, since I like traveling when I don't want to do dungeons.

I would love to avoid it, and if he talked like that all the time I wouldn't care. But when he's talking to you he seems to be able to at least punctuate. So he reverts to this incomprehensible bufoon only when answering to me. That to me seems to be on purpose.
    I don't honestly care if the things presented are similar. Because analogies are NEVER similar 100%. There is always someone who loves to undermine your analogy. It is a matter of understanding why that analogy is being made. In this case and most cases it is meant to show the other party a new insight by showing a similar thing. It is similar just a bit "way out there".

The fact that he cannot speak/write sentences to you more proper is probably because he is rather upset. And continuing to write ungentlemenlike comments won't make this better. I am not defending him btw.

Deleted
    thats not an rpg works
    Luckily, that is not your decision to make.

And for the last time, give me one good reason that running to a dungeon should be a thing (Besides when doing mythic+ obviously). I'm waiting, asked it before, and still waiting 3 pages later.

Deleted
    It has, it saves me time, youre only argument for porting to dungeons.
    Wrong. Your ideas saves you gameplay. Teleporting to a dungeon only saves us time. You want to port to the end raid boss or to the next quest giver zone.
    The raid boss one is obvious as you just skipped the whole raid which according to you is only "time"
    The quest is a little trickier, but when you are question the getting to the next hub is part of the gameplay. You might not agree on that and say that it's the same as running to a dungeon. But I think every sane person who doesn't want to come up with outlandish ideas as to why porting to dungeons is bad can see that the two are not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Degn89 View Post
    Luckily, that is not your decision to make.

And for the last time, give me one good reason that running to a dungeon should be a thing (Besides when doing mythic+ obviously). I'm waiting, asked it before, and still waiting 3 pages later.
    I gave you reasons. But your taste and mine doesn't have to be equal. I guess I am in the minority here, probably the same minority as the people on Nostalrius.

I do believe you are missing out though. But that is probably the same kind of sentence you would have from a person who has a different religious belief. Equally worthless.

Deleted
    I don't honestly care if the things presented are similar. Because analogies are NEVER similar 100%. There is always someone who loves to undermine your analogy. It is a matter of understanding why that analogy is being made. In this case and most cases it is meant to show the other party a new insight by showing a similar thing. It is similar just a bit "way out there".
    It is the "way out there" part that makes his analogy so useless in this discussion. If it was something like porting to the first hub in whatever zone you want to go to I would argue it is similar to LFD ports, but that's not what he said. His idea translated to dungeons would be ports to all the boss rooms one after the other. That is not the case in the game.

The fact that he cannot speak/write sentences to you more proper is probably because he is rather upset. And continuing to write ungentlemenlike comments won't make this better. I am not defending him btw.
    Fair point. My bad.

Deleted
    I wrote npc, not next quest giver zone, you again not reading correctly. Maybe you are not a sane person because you have lost the ability to quoote full paragraphs and only pick one that is convenient to you
    So that's even farther away from dungeon ports. But more power to you. And yes I didn't quote your whole post again.

Deleted
    thats not an rpg works
    And if we were talking of new dungeons in the expansion and placing some kind of trash mobs that require some co-op effort so you can enter the dungeon i would agree with you, but having to travel to the entrance (sometimes in azeroth a different continent) of a leveling dungeon, that could take you 10 minutes or more seems a bit excesive, specially when there is no other gameplay involved in that besides reaching the door flying or riding.

It does make me sad though that people in current wow (which is an mmorpg) want to keep playing this game, but also complain about how everything is but loving the features that made it that way - not fully realising why the game is the way it is.

And even more sad does it make me if people on these boards tell me how they love current wow. But then name XYZ features that they do not love. Like leveling. They hate leveling and want it to be over!!!! Meanwhile not asking themselves what they actually hate about it. Or not seeing what makes em hate the experience and not asking for that to change so that it might be a pleasant experience instead.

Deleted
    No its not, i can stay in my starter zone in current wow, dont even set a FOOT in the continent where the dungeon is and can port their.

How much content im skipping here? a lot i guess
    Let's try again.

On one hand you can port to dungeons from anywhere. You still have to do the dungeon. As in beat all the trash that's in the way and all the bosses. In a dungeon the content is the trash mobs and the bosses.

On your hand you can port to all the npc. Now I am assuming you mean questgivers. Actually thinking about it you can do that already. Just set up you HS in every quest hub you are in right now, and you can port back to them to complete the quests. But I think you meant port to any questgiver even if you haven't been there before.
    In questing the content is running around the world completing the quests.

Now one is porting to an entrance to do the content. The other is porting to an npc to skip the content.

- - - Updated - - -

And even more sad does it make me if people on these boards tell me how they love current wow. But then name XYZ features that they do not love. Like leveling. They hate leveling and want it to be over!!!! Meanwhile not asking themselves what they actually hate about it. Or not seeing what makes em hate the experience and not asking for that to change so that it might be a pleasant experience instead.
    I like leveling. Leveling is great. Once I am max level I like porting to dungeons. Is that so bad?