Poll: Who would win in a duel

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib Lover View Post
    No armor, that was part of the ritual combat.

The Oberyn and Mountain fight is a good example of the point you are getting across, which in general I would agree with. But we aren't talking about fast agile person vs huge person. We are talking about heavily armored knight who is probably around 6 foot, taking on a 10-12 foot monster.
    Oberyn vs Mountain is more akin to Garrosh vs Cairne.
    Lothar vs Cairne is like...I don't know. Pod vs the Mountain
    You are assuming that Lothar in his prime is not agile..

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's not like Lothar is going to let Cairne smash him.
    But Cairne is literally tall enough that if Lothar gets within sword range to hit him, Cairne can reach out and grab him. That's bare handed, if he had a totem or the Runespear his reach is even longer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    You are assuming that Lothar in his prime is not agile..
    I'm assuming he's fighting with a sword. With a spear, he would have a better chance. With a sword though, this fight is 100% in Cairne's favor unless he is struck by lightening.

Well, I guess it depends...

What's their respective ilvl?

(and this is a joke)
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Nethlord View Post
    Well, I guess it depends...

What's their respective ilvl?

(and this is a joke)
    Read that last bit while looking at your avatar. Amused me internally.

Deleted
    But Cairne is literally tall enough that if Lothar gets within sword range to hit him, Cairne can reach out and grab him. That's bare handed, if he had a totem or the Runespear his reach is even longer.
    Grabbing + Sword= Even if you should manage to win this fight after getting this wound, the chances are good that you bleed out in the aftermath or have to live your life from now an as a cripple.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    So basically he just bounced a blade off his hide? Sounds like poor writing to me then. I would concede that if Tauren hide is tough enough to be impervious to steel blades, then Lothar is screwed. But as I understand it Tauren do not have dragon scale for skin (hence why our characters use armour in game). They have leathery skin. Run a sharp blade against it, it will cut and bleed.

Deleted

The Oberyn and Mountain fight is a good example of the point you are getting across, which in general I would agree with. But we aren't talking about fast agile person vs huge person. We are talking about heavily armored knight who is probably around 6 foot, taking on a 10-12 foot monster.
    Oberyn vs Mountain is more akin to Garrosh vs Cairne.
    Lothar vs Cairne is like...I don't know. Pod vs the Mountain
    Pod vs. the Mountain? Now you are being absurd. If anything, it is like Barristan the Bold vs. the Mountain.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Grabbing + Sword= Even if you should manage to win this fight after getting this wound, the chances are good that you bleed out in the aftermath or have to live your life from now an as a cripple.
    Orcs can catch swords with their hands and break them, and their skin isn't as hard as tauren. yea youre going to get cut, but your not going to bleed out or be crippled.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

If Cairne can take Gorehowl to the chest and be fine (poison notwithstanding), I think he can take a few sword cuts. In fact, I'm sure he has over the years against the Centaur and the early campaigns against the humans andd the later campaigns against the Kul Tiras marines.

So many alliance fanboys, blinded by fannboyism is obvious lol. And M-Ra beeing m ra
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    So basically he just bounced a blade off his hide? Sounds like poor writing to me then. I would concede that if Tauren hide is tough enough to be impervious to steel blades, then Lothar is screwed. But as I understand it Tauren do not have dragon scale for skin (hence why our characters use armour in game). They have leathery skin. Run a sharp blade against it, it will cut and bleed.
    Could someone post the Scene? I don't really know how this hit was and I thought it was more like he streaked Cairne somehow, not landed a full hit.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelbo View Post
    He took the force of the blow, but it did cut him. That's how the poison killed him

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Orcs can catch swords with their hands and break them, and their skin isn't as hard as tauren. yea youre going to get cut, but your not going to bleed out or be crippled.
    If blade don't cut Tauren, how the Tauren in Camp Taurajo were killed?

He took the force of the blow, but it did cut him. That's how the poison killed him
    Okay, then Tauren are a ridiculous Mary Sue race in general that nobody could kill because they have bones like steal. Then it doesn't matter and even a Tauren Civilian could kill Grommash Hellscream because he couldn't hurt him.

Could someone post the Scene? I don't really know how this hit was and I thought it was more like he streaked Cairne somehow, not landed a full hit.
    IIRC, Garrosh slashed vertically and it cut the runespear in half and slammed into Cairne's chest. So the Runespear did absorb a portion of the blow. But this is literally the type of hit Grom inflicted on Mannaroth when he split his spear, then dug into his armored chestplate, then into his flesh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyve View Post
    Pod vs. the Mountain? Now you are being absurd. If anything, it is like Barristan the Bold vs. the Mountain.
    I'm talking about size differences, not skill. Sorry I didn't make that clear.
    If each dash is a foot, this is the size difference we are talking about here.
    Lothar:
    ------
    Cairne:
    -----------

Deleted
    IIRC, Garrosh slashed vertically and it cut the runespear in half and slammed into Cairne's chest. So the Runespear did absorb a portion of the blow. But this is literally the type of hit Grom inflicted on Mannaroth when he split his spear, then dug into his armored chestplate, then into his flesh.
    So Golden want us to believe that a Tauren is harder then best legion forged steel?

Okay, then Tauren are a ridiculous Mary Sue race in general that nobody could kill because they have bones like steal. Then it doesn't matter and even a Tauren Civilian could kill Grommash Hellscream because he couldn't hurt him.
    Pretty much! Garrosh was a dead man until the poison kicked in. For a fantasy race, Tauren are pretty legit overpowered.

That would be silly. I could easily just say that Lothar would just cut his hands off. Lothar has mastery of shield which would obviously help against a spear.

- - - Updated - - -

Same type with different force applied.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lets remember that the humans of Azeroth are not the Humans of Earth, in all forms of media they move quite well in full armor, and swing weapons that the average human of Earth wouldn't even consider picking up... In the official artwork for Lothar, the sword he wields makes a medieval era greatsword of earth look like a fucking toothpick, and those things are difficult enough to swing around as it is - They are clearly not as "weak" as we are...
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-05-03 at 04:46 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    I don't think Lothar would be agile enough to dodge Cairne's attacks or strong enough to block them long enough for him to get the multiple good hits in he would need to kill Cairne whereas Cairne would need just one good hit.

Pretty much! Garrosh was a dead man until the poison kicked in. For a fantasy race, Tauren are pretty legit overpowered.
    They are not at all.