Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Think they need to increase the AFK-kick timer, had to open door for cat (like 20 seconds) and game kicked me.

Deleted
    One problem why I get pissed: the game is way too fucking fast. You get killed and you don't even know wtf happened, you gotta watch the death minivid after you die. There is no fucking counter play unless you play Tracer or Reaper, then you can counter with cds if you find yourself out of position, if you don't have cds like most heroes, you fucking die to some idiot who was lucky enough to get the 1st shot in.

Genji. A balanced hero? Yeah, unless you're a kid on Ritalin. In the right hands that also does plenty of bunny hops, Genji is so fucking fast that it's nearly untouchable if there is any los for him to use, and once he's in melee range, you're fucked, no counter play unless you're Tracer/Reaper.

Tracer is way too fucking annoying. I mean honestly, I don't get pissed about getting sniped by Widowmaker or backstabbed by Reaper, I can counter these guys or at least avoid them, but Tracer's only counter is a smart team, and if your team is just yoloing, then Tracer rapes all. Blizzard is known for turning characters into shit because "it wasn't fun fighting against them"-Blizzard, like Nova in HOTS and tank specs in WoW pvp, so I fully expect Tracer to be nerfed.

I'm sorry, I still have a knot in my stomach from all the times I got pissed off at the complete lack of counter play and very short TTK. Already uninstalled it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    One problem why I get pissed: the game is way too fucking fast. You get killed and you don't even know wtf happened, you gotta watch the death minivid after you die. There is no fucking counter play unless you play Tracer or Reaper, then you can counter with cds if you find yourself out of position, if you don't have cds like most heroes, you fucking die to some idiot who was lucky enough to get the 1st shot in.

Genji. A balanced hero? Yeah, unless you're a kid on Ritalin. In the right hands that also does plenty of bunny hops, Genji is so fucking fast that it's nearly untouchable if there is any los for him to use, and once he's in melee range, you're fucked, no counter play unless you're Tracer/Reaper.

Tracer is way too fucking annoying. I mean honestly, I don't get pissed about getting sniped by Widowmaker or backstabbed by Reaper, I can counter these guys or at least avoid them, but Tracer's only counter is a smart team, and if your team is just yoloing, then Tracer rapes all. Blizzard is known for turning characters into shit because "it wasn't fun fighting against them"-Blizzard, like Nova in HOTS and tank specs in WoW pvp, so I fully expect Tracer to be nerfed.

I'm sorry, I still have a knot in my stomach from all the times I got pissed off at the complete lack of counter play and very short TTK. Already uninstalled it.
    Genji and Tracer are both countered by Mei. Her freeze applies a snare on hit, and a complete freeze if you can keep them targeted for two seconds. I think it might actually be 1.8 seconds now. I dont remember if it was buffed or nerfed.

Get out of the mindset of having a few heroes you like to play and realize that you need good practice with all the heroes. There are going to be times when Bastion kills you, and only you, but you don't have a counter on your team, so you will be forced to chose Phara or a Sniper on respawn. If you are playing ranked, you will find yourself switching heroes every few deaths to deal with the other teams hero countering. It can get quite crazy trying to keep up with the other team in OW, and thats part of the fun. In a few months, you will have a good grasp on all the heroes, then its going to boil down to your individual Hero mastery + your ability to know WHEN to pick that hero.
    Last edited by Beazy; 2016-05-03 at 07:54 PM.

Incredibly responsive, great atmosphere, diverse characters, teamplay is very very important and so is skill. Reminds me of good old times of Q3A and UT. Graphical design as expected from blizzard. Gameplay design of some maps, they have some room to improve here.

The only problem I have with this game, or better say my friends have is the price tag and I agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hm? Please elaborate!
    The OP did elaborate..."At first, like, right after I first started the game that my team wasn't able to progress any objective at all. We were basically stuck at our door."

I was in both of the stress test betas and I pre-ordered based on my experiences. Now that I have had a full experience playing a lot of the maps, I can safely say that a team of two Reinhardts and a Mercy can effectively hold just about any choke point in the game. In this week's special mode, the characters are randomized and I can't count the number of times that either my team or the other team ended up with two Reinhardts, while the opposition was running around with two D.Vas. The shield at a choke point is a damn joke. You can shut down the Nepal temple for the entire match if you have barely competent healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Feel The Power View Post
    The OP did elaborate..."At first, like, right after I first started the game that my team wasn't able to progress any objective at all. We were basically stuck at our door."
    Tracer can zip through, Reaper can teleport through Rein can use shield to give team enough time to break out, snipers (Hanzo & Widowmaker) can emerge from the sides and kill campers, and then there's always the use of one of the other two exits.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kauko View Post
    The only problem I have with this game, or better say my friends have is the price tag and I agree with them.
    What do you think a more reasonable price point would be?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    What do you think a more reasonable price point would be?
    Most people who think $40 for a brand new, AAA+ game is too expensive probably just want stuff for free. And I am very, very hesitant to ever use that criticism...but it sounds like the case here. It's a game that could have easily been free and made you pay for heroes like HOTS. Instead they went the opposite route where you pay a small upfront cost for all the content.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Winston is pretty good against everything and everyone. I like.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Most people who think $40 for a brand new, AAA+ game is too expensive probably just want stuff for free. And I am very, very hesitant to ever use that criticism...but it sounds like the case here. It's a game that could have easily been free and made you pay for heroes like HOTS. Instead they went the opposite route where you pay a small upfront cost for all the content.
    Honestly, that's exactly why I'm asking. I'm in the camp where I feel like it's an extremely compelling price when you take into consideration you don't have to buy all the heroes. Just curious to see if $40 is too high, or if people just don't like the model.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheevah View Post
    Honestly, that's exactly why I'm asking. I'm in the camp where I feel like it's an extremely compelling price when you take into consideration you don't have to buy all the heroes. Just curious to see if $40 is too high, or if people just don't like the model.
    That's why it's reasonable, to me. It's $40, all-in. The ONLY other stuff you could ever buy will be cosmetics; you can't compare this to MOBA pricing.

And before people say "TF2's F2P", they need to remember that it only went F2P after like 4 years. It didn't start out that way; it was absolutely B2P for those first years.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Paying for heroes like hots wouldn't work here since characters are counters to other characters. You would have people complaining about pay to win and that is a tag no game wants to have applied to them. It's still better than $60 and $20 subscription like another game that just came out.

I think McCree, reaper and tracer are the only damage calsses I'm really going to bother playing much. McCree is great for picking off people not paying attention and reaper and tracer are pretty rewarding played as they are intended. I can't seem to kill dick with genji and soldier 76.

I didn't like the random battle mode, you get a random when you start and when you die you get randomed again but the strategy of team build is stripped out and one team tends to get the right build and roflstomps the other the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by nmityosaurus View Post
    It's a beta dude. I don't understand how you fail to see how that works. You submit issues, they do their best to fix them. You think they just get your splat report and just throw it in the bin? Please use your head before you complain about dumb things..
    It's beta dude...great response. You don't understand that this issue is seven (7), let me repeat that, SEVEN months old. I did use my head. It's a major issue and not a minor one. Go read some other forums on this issue as it's all over the place on the Overwatch forums. Oh but it's beta dude....
    In a world of deceit, open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    I didn't like the random battle mode, you get a random when you start and when you die you get randomed again but the strategy of team build is stripped out and one team tends to get the right build and roflstomps the other the whole game.
    the weekly brawl? eh... it's good for throwing you into toons you have no idea how to play. "goes from Zara to Symmetra" uuuh the fuck do I do now?

Only thing I don't like is everyone shoved into Quick Play. Should've left competitive open and let us enjoy playing against similar skill levels instead of "you either have the pros or you don't."

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Only thing I don't like is everyone shoved into Quick Play. Should've left competitive open and let us enjoy playing against similar skill levels instead of "you either have the pros or you don't."
    1. It is pre-open beta, which means it is still officially beta and not a finished product.
    2. You wouldn't be playing skilled vs skilled anyways 1 day in as the game has not had time to rank people yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    They're reworking Competitive, otherwise it would probably be open.