Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Exactly this. If there's no challenge and you get no reward from it, the only reason to do this would be to just be a dick.
    "oh hey, im going to complain that i'm being killed while playing on a PvP server, and request blizzard to change the rules of the server so I can't be killed while participating in PvE activities."

Blizzard's response: "then why didn't you just roll on a PvE server if you never want to run the risk of being killed while out in the world? Logic much?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    So ganking is the only form of PvP that exists in the game. Got it.
    No but you only find ganking on PvP servers (unless your stupid enough to pvp enable yourself) and since your crying about ganking on pvp servers the point still stands. If you don't like world pvp(ganking) then why would you put your chars on a PVP server. Seems like a pretty stupid thing to do if you ask me.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    That @Dragonheart Maiden person was quick to jump to conclusions that all people who gank are assholes, and thats not the case. General blanket statement because they dont like the idea of being killed while they tend to their PvE activities on a PvP server...
    I specifically mentioned camping and griefing and you directly replied to it... That, is simply that. You can call it whatever you wish, that doesn't make it true with your backtracking.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

It happens if you choose a pvp server you kind of expect it once in awhile but camping low levels or quest givers is uncalled for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonheart Maiden View Post
    Feel what way about what? I still disdain people that camp and grief people, that hasn't changed. I just called out your reasoning about it being an "RP" reason, that is all. :|
    So I have to ask, why is an RP reason not a valid reason in your book for camping? If you want to decimate and destroy the morale of your enemy, you constantly stomp them until they give up all hope. That sounds like a completely valid RP reason for camping?

I don't condone camping, but I can see how someone from an RP perspective can justify their actions, and its a valid one too.

It is easy - ganking is the sole reason I play PvE and not PvP servers. If I didn't have that choice, then I'd have a problem with ganking.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

What is your stance on Ganking?

Ganking - the act of killing other players that are often times much lower level than you.

Notice this is different from camping.

Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.
    No skill...no challenge...and it drives players way from PvP and the game.

So - apart from the cheap thrill (yay...I killed a noob with no gear!!! I is strong!!!! Oo Ooo OOo!!! Go Me!!!!) what is the benefit?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no problem with ganking as long as it doesn't turn into camping lowbies.

7+ Year Old Account
    So I have to ask, why is an RP reason not a valid reason in your book for camping? If you want to decimate and destroy the morale of your enemy, you constantly stomp them until they give up all hope. That sounds like a completely valid RP reason for camping?

I don't condone camping, but I can see how someone from an RP perspective can justify their actions, and its a valid one too.
    No, that is literally harassment according to blizzard. If you are forcibly attacking a player until they give up on the game, you can be punished for it. There is such a thing as taking it too far even according to PvP.

That said, there is also no lore behind sitting in a graveyard and hoping that your "enemy" respawns so you can kill them without a fight over and over again.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

10+ Year Old Account
    I find ganking hilarious, personally. When it happens to me, and doing it.

I do not find being overly obnoxious funny - corpse camping, griefing, killing quest givers, etc. Have your jollies and move on.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've always been a strong believer in the "One and done." concept. If I see a lowbie out in the world I might kill them because it gives me a quick giggle or 2 and then I go about my business. If the lowbie incites me by attacking for some stupid reason then I'll kill them again and that's that. What I won't do and it infuriates me when people do, is camp people or kill the same person multiple times just because they come across someone in the same zone multiple times. If I go about my business in the area and see the same lowbie a few minutes later, I leave them alone.

Hellfire peninsula seems to be a hotbed of activity for level 100 vs level 60 pvp, it can get very competitive especially if you're competing with other high levels. I'd recommend making groups with the other level 100s in the area to make sure you're not missing out.

But isn't that the risk you take when rolling a character on a PvP server? You willingly allow yourself to be killed even from higher level players.
    No... I go on a pvp server for Player vs Player.. to test my skill and be ready to test my skill at any moment. Not to have someone 10+ levels higher than me come by and gank me and then possibly camp my corpse. Its not PvP at that point, its PvD..... Player vs Dummy(target dummy). There's absolutely no risk or skill involved from the higher player. You get no honor, no test of skill... just 1 shot and kill the lower person. Where are the bragging rights or the knowledge that you kicked someone's ass that's on par with your level.... That is PvP, not ganking/camping

Nice blanket statement there that all people who gank are unintelligent cowards. And do you know the difference between facts and opinions? Because from what you are saying, it looks to me like you live in la la land and are quite delusional.

OT: I gank, not because I want to personally offend, hurt, piss off, or otherwise make someone else's day shitty. I do it because the rules of my PvP servers that I play on allow me to do so. I do it because horde are the scum of the earth, they are the enemy. I also sometimes do it to get a little world PvP going, and before you say "herpa derp world PvP doesn't exist" I have had several instances where I have ganked several lowbies in a zone, and they start messaging their friends / guildies / general chat to help "kill this guy ganking" and we start an all out PvP brawl with level 100s in a low level zone. Its quite entertaining.

Seems to me you just don't have the stomach to handle a PvP server. Might want to transfer to a PvE server.
    It's psychology. Not debatable. No intelligent person purposely ruins someone else's playtime. I wouldn't put it past most Gankers to be the kind of people that kick puppies.

You can tell yourself anything you want, doesn't change what you're actually doing. Seems to me you don't have the stomach to handle real PvP.

Not that I expect ganker cowards to understand any of this. If you had that kind of self-awareness you wouldn't be doing it to begin with.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2016-05-04 at 12:18 AM.

What is your stance on Ganking?

Ganking - the act of killing other players that are often times much lower level than you.

Notice this is different from camping.

Personally I don't mind gankers. I do it all the time myself if im flying by (in the old world) and I see a horde leveling up. I quickly swoop down, dispatch of him / her, and go about my business. I've had it done to me while leveling, and I think its fair game if I am leveling on a PvP server.
    First of all ganking is killing a player when they're not expecting it in a non BG/arena area, levels don't matter. You're right though cos it is a form of praying on the weak because you always target the easiest players to fuck with first. Ganking is great in all forms. Ganking lowbs is completely fine because it often inspires them to become gankers themselves and makes pvp servers are better place. This guy on my friends list was once the most passive prick you ever meet until I started gankin and campin him a few times. Now he ganks whenever he gets the chance. Ganking lowbs is even more fine if you're doing it to provoke them to bring their mains out for a fight which I do when I see the chance. If you're on a pvp server you kill the opposite faction regardless of level or skill level end of story. Getting ganked on a PvP server is a rite of passage and if you complain about it you're either female or a very feminine male.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The OP didn't mention camping or griefing. It mentioned ganking a lower level once and flying off. You stated, based off that reason, that -

This is what I had issues with - you viewing people like this, even if the intention to be a shitty person isn't there. Jaylock isn't doing it to upset people. I'm not doing to upset people.

Anyways, you have your own opinions of people. We'll have to agree to disagree.
    Yes, we will. My views are still what they were, if not moreso, I'd think. If anything, this thread has given me many more reasons to retain the view that I have on the matter.
    ~~ ~~

It's part of PvP. On PvE if you wind up getting flagged, like with the Censur back on Timeless Isle, cross your fingers that your hearthstone is on cool down and hearth to safety.

Deleted
    only reason i live

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It's psychology. Not debatable. No intelligent person purposely ruins someone else's playtime. I wouldn't put it past most Gankers to be the kind of people that kick puppies.

You can tell yourself anything you want, doesn't change what you're actually doing. Seems to me you don't have the stomach to handle real PvP.

Not that I expect ganker cowards to understand any of this. If you had that kind of self-awareness you wouldn't be doing it to begin with.
    You're a very close minded person, thats okay though we get it. People that do things you don't like are the scum of the earth. With that said, maybe you should hide on a nice pve server where you never have to deal with some mean old pvping puppy kicker and instead can discuss the best way to give hugs with your fellow carebears.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post

lol, you're a miracle.

Your blanket insulting statements are just funny at this point because you are speaking completely out of your ass.

But keep telling yourself that, maybe the unicorns and fairies will make it come true!