Page 33 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    You missed the point. There are quite a few people on here saying they are going to change the name of their current main and then use the old name for their DH. Blizzard's rules clearly states the name will not be available for 90 days, regardless of same account or different account. No where did I mention anything about deleting a char because who is really going to delete their main just for a name?
    Once again the names are only unavailable to other accounts, when i switched mains from paladin to shaman back in mop, i was able to name change and take the name instantly, did it again in wod when i switched from shaman to rogue. The name is unavailable for 30 days to other accounts, thats it.

You missed the point. There are quite a few people on here saying they are going to change the name of their current main and then use the old name for their DH. Blizzard's rules clearly states the name will not be available for 90 days, regardless of same account or different account. No where did I mention anything about deleting a char because who is really going to delete their main just for a name?
    You are incorrect. I have done this just recently.

Paid name change main from "x" to "y".

Created a new character with name"x".

It works immediately. The 90 days is ONLY for other people using that name. So, for instance, in my example above, if I did not rename a new character with "x", then after 90 days YOU could name your character "x".

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    You are incorrect. I have done this just recently.

Paid name change main from "x" to "y".

Created a new character with name"x".

It works immediately. The 90 days is ONLY for other people using that name. So, for instance, in my example above, if I did not rename a new character with "x", then after 90 days YOU could name your character "x".
    Then Blizzard needs to update their phrasing. In TBC I changed my Druid's name because I wanted to make a shaman with that name and it was NOT available immediately after changing the name on my Druid. I marked the 90th day on the Calendar, did periodic checks and it continued to state the name was already in use until that 90th day. If indeed you have tested this and aren't just making stuff up, than that is something that has changed since TBC and Blizzard has not updated their name change warning to reflect that change.

Then Blizzard needs to update their phrasing. In TBC I changed my Druid's name because I wanted to make a shaman with that name and it was NOT available immediately after changing the name on my Druid. I marked the 90th day on the Calendar, did periodic checks and it continued to state the name was already in use until that 90th day. If indeed you have tested this and aren't just making stuff up, than that is something that has changed since TBC and Blizzard has not updated their name change warning to reflect that change.
    You've been able to reuse your old name for atleast 2 expansions now.

Other players on your realm will be unable to use the old name for 90 days. Characters on your World of Warcraft account can still use your old character name during that time.

Your character cannot have their name changed for three days after purchasing a Name Change. You cannot cancel the Name Change once you have pressed the confirmation button.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post
    You've been able to reuse your old name for atleast 2 expansions now.
    Hence why I said "TBC" a couple times. Also.....

No where does it state when you go to change it that its reusable on your account so I stand by my statement that it needs to be updated.

Mirajane. Or whichever combination of specials I can get to make it work.

or Lotioned <Hand of Adal>
    Science the shit out of it!

No where does it state when you go to change it that its reusable on your account so I stand by my statement that it needs to be updated.

The problem with a company like Blizzard, is that they have stuff posted in too many places and they neglect/forget to update certain portions. Things get lost when you segregate everything (see how broken up Blizzard forums are) 30 seconds of searching would tell you that people weren't "making stuff up". If you see mismatched phrases across the site, report it to them so they can fix it. They're not going to fix it based on a class post from MMO champ.
    Last edited by Delimit; 2016-05-03 at 06:38 PM.

I've reserved the name "Azazel" pretty satisfied with it ^^

Lylith here. Hope i can get it

None. 11 toon server limit for the L D:

Deleted
    Gorgeous (female belf)

Illidamn

Generic, I know.

I wanted to name mine Winchester but that name was already taken so I couldn't reserve it.

10+ Year Old Account
    XxIllidanxk

Cause I'm like, 12, and super original.

I have a few random names saved that could work. I really want the name "Marvel" but some lowby has it; maybe will be released in 7.0. I have "Akama" saved but I dunno it's kind of a cop-out to use a lore character as your toon name. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripstop View Post

The problem with a company like Blizzard, is that they have stuff posted in too many places and they neglect/forget to update certain portions. Things get lost when you segregate everything (see how broken up Blizzard forums are) 30 seconds of searching would tell you that people weren't "making stuff up". If you see mismatched phrases across the site, report it to them so they can fix it. They're not going to fix it based on a class post from MMO champ.
    So you found it on a random FAQ judging by the Yes/No options at the bottom. Nice job. My screenshot comes directly from the screen you see when you are actually going to perform the character name change. My screen is seen by 100% of people doing a name change. One would think Blizzard would update that page first since its a guaranteed view. Oh well.

So you found it on a random FAQ judging by the Yes/No options at the bottom. Nice job. My screenshot comes directly from the screen you see when you are actually going to perform the character name change. My screen is seen by 100% of people doing a name change. One would think Blizzard would update that page first since its a guaranteed view. Oh well.
    So report it to them and stop with your passive aggressive nonsense. Nobody here is going to go fix the page for you. You can reuse your own name immediately, being rude to people who are reporting factual information accomplishes nothing.

Stood in the Fire Chromeshellking's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Felfurion was the best I could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrofluoric View Post
    Illidamn

Generic, I know.
    I'll give you credit it's at least a pun and not XXIlliddannXX