Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Super stale meta

So is this going to be the meta for the next 6 months? 9 cthun decks, face shaman, a nzoth or three, and zoo? I've been playing nzoth rogue almost exclusively and I think it is a fun fairly strong deck, but I have only seen 1 other all week. I also have built a zoo and played it to much sucess...but I can't stand playing face decks for very long. Also modified my highlander hunter with some cthun and it really catches people off guard. But I'd say 95% of the opponents I've faced have been cthun...which is getting super boring.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's been LESS THAN A WEEK.

Sheesh.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Standard really took a shit on some good decks. Mech Mage is gone in Standard, as are the best facets of Freeze Mage. Haven't actually tried a C'Thun Mage deck yet but Control Priest with C'Thun is pretty good in Wild I have found.

I love many of the new ideas, sadly faceroll is king more then ever. Play face or c'thun...meta will be a nobrainer.

After winning some games against cthun decks i just realized how much i miss the "sorry" emote...

"What you didnt pull Cthun out of your deck in time???lol i cant even tell hooooowwww sorry i feel"

Play a mage yogg deck. I don't know how but I hit rank 1 with it (not legend yet) and it's the most fun I've ever had in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

7+ Year Old Account
    Patron warrior is strong, and without the OTK warsong combo I don't feel dirty playing it.
    The only deck I'm a bit tired of seeing is the Cthun priest. Seems to be more of then than anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I wonder if she ever visits Jisreal. It’s like Isreal, but for Jews.

The meta is pretty varied at the moment. You have the following...

C'thun Warrior(heavy late game/control)
    Aggro Warrior(uses the new pirate cards, Ravaging Ghoul, and Frothing)
    Beast Druid(kinda like what combo used to be, but no FoN, runs Fandral, lots of beast buff/synergy cards)
    C'thun Druid(basically ramp with C'thun cards)
    Tempo/Spell Mage(same as Tempo before but runs Yogg and more spells, not a great deck though to be honest)
    Zoo(similar Zoo but runs the new Councilman and Tentacle cards, extremely powerful)
    Face Shaman(same as before)
    Midrange Evolve Shaman(runs the new Evolve cards, the 7/7, etc.)
    Deathrattle Rogue(with N'Zoth and lots of deathrattle cards)

I've seen all these decks and they all do quite well currently. Obviously Face Shaman is king at the moment, but it always seems like a super aggressive face deck is good early on until people figure stuff out. Personally I find C'thun decks to be quite underwhelming unless you hit a perfect curve and even then its toss up games most of the time.

Deleted
    Watching ESL, the decks that win? Zoo warlock, Midrange pally, Face shaman, Control warrior, Patron warrior.
    Nothing changed at all :P

The meta less than a week after expansion release, by definition, cannot be stale. Give it a couple more weeks and if you're still seeing the same deck over and over, then you have a right to complain.
    Ixila of Forgotten Aspects - US Hyjal 13/13 Mythic Hellfire Citadel
    My YouTube kill vids!
    Ixila - Holy Paladin - Armory | Ixtide - Resto Shaman - Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    As most have already imposed, saying it's a stale meta right now would be equivalent to saying (as this was supposed to be a WoW only forum (well, WoW overtook the MMORPG stuff MMO-Champion was made for) "it's impossible to clear the first boss of Hellfire Citadel" because no one knews at the time what to truly do, therefore rocking the raiding at the beginning before staling later on.

Give it a few weeks and we'll see tons of other viable decks. People are using face/aggro/Darwin Shaman and C'thun decks because most doesn't know how to currently handle it. It'll take a few weeks, maybe a month until there comes tons of viable/competitive decks that out scale Shamans and C'thun decks.

I mean, Dreadsteed was seen as the worst card ever, 4 mana for a 1/1 which could be easily silenced, but it worked pretty good for some streamers.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Murloc decks are probably still the most retarded thing in the game with the new cards. I mean, they are easy mode and as no skill as face hunter was.

Sounds like a pretty varied meta to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Play a mage yogg deck. I don't know how but I hit rank 1 with it (not legend yet) and it's the most fun I've ever had in this game.
    I tried a Yogg deck and I think I went about 1-10. The 1 win was the only time that Yogg didn't fuck me.

People are still figuring out which decks are viable. And if other players are anything like me, they wanted to use a reliable deck to rank up at the end of the season. Now that it's a new season I think we'll see people trying new things. Blood Ichor Warrior looks pretty strong.

Deleted
    I'm also getting the impression that games are even more draw and starting hand depending. Bad star and zoo/shaman have you almost dead by turn 4 or 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's too early to call it a set meta yet, tho I have some concerns about Shaman and C'Thun Druid being somewhat OP.
    Might change once counters start to evolve of course.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fryya View Post
    I'm also getting the impression that games are even more draw and starting hand depending. Bad star and zoo/shaman have you almost dead by turn 4 or 5.
    Works both ways. If a shaman doesn't have at least a 2-combo of Trogg, Totem Golem, Dogs or Faceless in the top of his deck he is a free kill to anyone.

Meta is pretty varied right now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Meta is pretty varied right now.
    Yep every class has at least one competitive meta-deck, some have several. Both fast and slow. Good variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Yep every class has at least one competitive meta-deck, some have several. Both fast and slow. Good variety.
    Just 3 of those classes play near identically :X
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."