Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    spamming is how i learned to play. i didn't even get into wow until i saw some of my friends playing, who were really good btw, and to me it seemed like they were spamming the shit out of their keyboard. like they were gonna break that shit. but now it's more like a controlled spamming hahaha

Deleted
    I got myself an addon that shows the global cooldown in the middle of the screen so I don't spam. I feel like if you spam you often hit slightly before the GCD ends and hence you spend a little time not casting your next spell. I think something like this is irrelevant for Rogues as when they cast their next ability a second later they don't loose out on damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    I don't raid heavily anymore, but I used to spam abilities when I did. I'd watch the CD timer and start spamming my ability a second or so before.

Fury warrior here. You could wind up with carpal tunnel back in the days when infinite rage + Heroic Strike spam was still a thing.
    i had heroic strike on mouswheel and i kept scrolling. down meant heroic strike, up meant cleave to my mouswheel no carpal syndrom yet.

Doesn't everyone spam?

"I can't cast that yet"
    "I can't cast that yet"
    "I can't cast that yet"
    *cast*
    "I can't cast that yet"
    "I can't cast that yet"

Deleted
    Everyone uses a rotation bot anyhow these days. Never has to push buttons, always 100% optimal rotation.

/sarcasm

I tend to double tap my abilities, unless on my healer where I use both down and up strokes as casts.

Thanks to Rivellana for an awesome signature

Deleted
    Sometimes. "Argument", "Argument", "Argument", "Argument", .. "Hyperbole", "Hyperbole".."Invoking the falling sky".."Invoking the falling sky"..

SCNR.

BTT: Some specs want(ed) you to spam abilities. Remember warlocks or druids in TBC.

But nowadays its more about priorities and cooldowns.

Not at all. I always try to utilize my skills anywhere. Basically I would like to involve myself in every steps of life. And curious to know about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by NadEFurY View Post
    Turn it on, and have it set to 0 and you no longer have that.
    I might log on a lvl 20 character and test this next time I can bother to update the game ^^
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    completely wrong total crap, ignore this guy his post should be deleted for spreading wrong information.
    You should see a doctor for this anger management trouble, kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You should see a doctor for this anger management trouble, kid.
    awww i'm a kid if you say so, who is much more intelligent than you, someone who couldn't notice something 2 ft infront of his eyes, " oh if i spam abilities it's slower" i think your brain is slow, lagging you must be old, better get back to the nursing home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    I got myself an addon that shows the global cooldown in the middle of the screen so I don't spam. I feel like if you spam you often hit slightly before the GCD ends and hence you spend a little time not casting your next spell. I think something like this is irrelevant for Rogues as when they cast their next ability a second later they don't loose out on damage.
    While shadowdancing you do want to get as many ambushes into evicerates off though.

awww i'm a kid if you say so, who is much more intelligent than you, someone who couldn't notice something 2 ft infront of his eyes, " oh if i spam abilities it's slower" i think your brain is slow, lagging you must be old, better get back to the nursing home.
    You totally proved your maturity and intelligence here, that's for sure...

I spam because it keeps me focused. Single presses mean i end up watching my mouse move across the screen and get distracted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    You totally proved your maturity and intelligence here, that's for sure...
    but i'm not mature i'm only a kid as you said, one who can notice if spamming abilities is faster than trying to hit them on the gcd

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    If you're not spamming an ability as it comes off the GCD/end of a cast, you're doing it wrong. You do it to chain cast to queue abilities so there's no gap between abilities, which there would be otherwise due to your reaction time and latency of the server.
    About the server i do not know, but the reaction time is unaffected, because i am keeping track of the GCD with weak auras, otherwise what will happen is that you cast a spell when in GCD, and that command will be lost a lot of times, resulting in the spell not being casted at all.
    This is what happens to me when i do kazzak with some chars, some of them do not have that tracking in their auras and my performance suffers a lot for it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Single presses mean i end up watching my mouse move across the screen and get distracted.
    In my case this allowed me to get away from tunnel vision, i am more aware of what is going on around me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    About the server i do not know, but the reaction time is unaffected, because i am keeping track of the GCD with weak auras, otherwise what will happen is that you cast a spell when in GCD, and that command will be lost a lot of times, resulting in the spell not being casted at all.
    This is what happens to me when i do kazzak with some chars, some of them do not have that tracking in their auras and my performance suffers a lot for it.
    thats lag/bullshit sorry i've endless 99/100 percentiles as ele shaman i spam abilities all the time, we're not talking about trying to cast a spell in the gcd we're talking about spamming it non stop the server will queue up the spell before the last one finishes. feel free to use that WA but sorry it's not improving your performance.

thats lag/bullshit sorry i've endless 99/100 percentiles as ele shaman i spam abilities all the time, we're not talking about trying to cast a spell in the gcd we're talking about spamming it non stop the server will queue up the spell before the last one finishes. feel free to use that WA but sorry it's not improving your performance.
    You don't need to spam for this either, to be fair. You can set you own queue latency in the options and hit within that ms of it coming off and it'll queue.

I think you can set it up to 1 second even.
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    You don't need to spam for this either, to be fair. You can set you own queue latency in the options and hit within that ms of it coming off and it'll queue.

I think you can set it up to 1 second even.
    no need stick with what already works. i'd probably lose dps re-learning to not spam, then gain it back, total dps gain 0 =/

no need stick with what already works. i'd probably lose dps re-learning to not spam, then gain it back, total dps gain 0 =/
    this is why I'm a clicker

/leavethread

I've played a rogue since vanilla and I can say that I have bashed the keys 1-3 (usually backstab, evisc, sinister strike, etc...) many times in my day waiting for my action to become available when CD's are running and the like.