Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Refugees? Why not just move to next safe country but to move all the way to countries that pay lot of social security for nothing? Are we funding terrorism now then later crying when they bomb airports?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    And not talking about refugee dispersal, but the Dublin Treaty.
    The Dublin agreement that Sweden signed would not have resulted in them getting anywhere near that number of immigrants they have, so they did not sign up to that.

Certain countries effectively suspended the agreement for themselves, Germany being one, I am not sure about Sweden, but considering all the immigrants they have then presumably they did de facto if not de jure.

I'll try and resume the last 7 pages of arguing shortly for you.

Sweden signed up for the Dublin Treaty, if the requirements in the treaty arent there for them to return refugees, then they can't, regardless of wether other countries did not live up to the treaty.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll try and resume the last 7 pages of arguing shortly for you.

Sweden signed up for the Dublin Treaty, if the requirements in the treaty arent there for them to return refugees, then they can't, regardless of wether other countries did not live up to the treaty.
    That depends on if you are talking about new or existing refugees. Existing ones? No. New ones? Yes.

The existing ones they have accepted under the terms of the Dublin agreement, so they can not argue to implement the Dublin agreement as they have already done so - you can accept refugees even if they registered, or should have registered, elsewhere.

For new ones, they can argue to implement the Dublin agreement, as long as it is not officially suspended for Sweden.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Sweden fucked themselves up, they should never have accepted all those refugees, their actions (though not theirs alone) also fucked up mainland Europe as it encouraged more to come.
    So Sweden is to blame Did not some EU countries (no names mentioned) systematically use let them pass and we did not see them, sending the message the door is open no regestering or control until you reach Sweden....

10+ Year Old Account
    All this back and forth, when the issue is not simply refugees, it's economic migrants and others painted as refugees.

existing refugees.
    Bingo....

Deleted
    Oh, can't wait, the EU is gonna smash into tiny little pieces within this decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    All this back and forth, when the issue is not simply refugees, it's economic migrants and others painted as refugees.
    Well Sweden did not register several refugees going to Norway and Finland either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    So Sweden is to blame Did not some EU countries (no names mentioned) systematically use let them pass and we did not see them, sending the message the door is open no regestering or control until you reach Sweden....
    As far as I recall, Germany said they would accept the immigrants and that is why those countries let them pass. Germany effectively suspended the Dublin agreement for themselves and that meant the countries they passed through would not count as registering them, they would just be in transit to the place of registration in that case.

I do not remember if Sweden did something similar.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Refugees is a simple term to encompass everybody, the BBC uses migrants, some use immigrants. The terms in this particular scenario have become pretty much interchangeable, everybody knows it includes more than just refugees.

They were supposed to be just refugees.

Deleted
    For new ones, they can argue to implement the Dublin agreement, as long as it is not officially suspended for Sweden.
    Damned Sweden who trust that other countries hold themselves to the same high standard as Sweden, but the number of "refugees" was drastically reduced when they realized that a refugee center in Sweden now is a military tent camp, because normal housing is full.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    Damned Sweden who trust that other countries hold themselves to the same high standard as Sweden, but the number of "refugees" was drastically reduced when they realized that a refugee center in Sweden now is a military tent camp, because normal housing is full.
    Well

'Difficult for Sweden to register refugees'

Deleted
    Well Sweden did not register several refugees going to Norway and Finland either.
    does not surprise me one bit, but is it not tens of thousands.....

- - - Updated - - -

700 coming to Norway wimps No I see the problem.... and the domino effect, the entire refugee crisis is mishandled and ideal be resolved on the Greek beach jointly by the EU

Yeah, I think most stood of the train in Sweden, from what I know Norway does not posses the "the more the merrier" mentality

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    I'm not a history nerd so I can't tell for sure, but excluding the UK from this "deal" seems like an attempt not to piss them off since they are already considering leaving the EU.
    It was not really anything to do with Brexit, no British political party would ever contemplate giving up total control of our borders, it would be political suicide to even suggest it in Britain.

If the EU wanted to get Britain to sign any deal then Britain (and Ireland, as we share a land border) would need exemptions.

Britain is not even keen on free movement of EU nationals to Britain, let alone non-EU nationals.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    This won't end well. The last thing the EU should be doing in times when its legitimacy/usefulness is being questioned is pissing off its member states.

I fully support the EU as a concept, but this is a bad tactic.
    Words taken out of my mouth. As an avid EU supporter, seeing this mulish obstination to impose extremely unpopular decisions on a subject which is, in the end, extremely peripherical to the EU is a textbook case of stupidity.

Deleted
    The Dublin agreement that Sweden signed would not have resulted in them getting anywhere near that number of immigrants they have, so they did not sign up to that.

Certain countries effectively suspended the agreement for themselves, Germany being one, I am not sure about Sweden, but considering all the immigrants they have then presumably they did de facto if not de jure.
    No, it's not suspended here. We just had certain loudmouths shouting that we can't do anything about people coming here due to treaties n shit, without them even knowing what is in the treaties. Shout louder than everyone so nobody can get any say and throw around "racist", "islamophobe" and "xenophobe" on just about anyone that suggests there should be a limit on how many we take and that we should enforce the dublin regulation more often.
    Last edited by mmocfb6c003936; 2016-05-04 at 02:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Words taken out of my mouth. As an avid EU supporter, seeing this mulish obstination to impose extremely unpopular decisions on a subject which is, in the end, extremely peripherical to the EU is a textbook case of stupidity.
    It's very possible that pretty soon we will hear some groups in EU countries will ask for referendum about quitting EU.

Deleted
    And this is why UK will exit EU. GG lefties with your retarded suicidal ideology. If this goes thru EU is dead. 250k Euro per imigrant is more than an average Eastern European will earn throut his life...

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekin View Post
    And this is why UK will exit EU. GG lefties with your retarded suicidal ideology. If this goes thru EU is dead. 250k Euro per imigrant is more than an average Eastern European will earn throut his life...
    I think biggest fear of this is what will happen if EU will decide to change numbers - lets take from 4000 to 10000 or 20000.