Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by thilicen View Post
    So that you can play with friends regardless of their progress for one. The fact that you can chose between any zone except Suramar to start in. Stuff like that.
    Besides it's not like you won't feel progression as quest rewards scale with your level as well, you are still going to feel stronger. That goes double for upgrading your artifact.

From alpha I started out killing mobs in 10-15 seconds, getting stronger while leveling I am now killing mobs in 5-7 seconds, so you definitely get stronger even if they are scaled to your level.
    Damn, 10-15 seconds are a lot for a single enemy
    Mother pus bucket!

Forced zone\mob scaling is the one of the crappiest things a game can have IMO (Dev's to lazy to make more content so they want the little they make to last longer through this cheap method) when I level up I want to know it, I want mobs to be easier that I already progressed though not to be just as tough).

separate skills in PVP and PVE, I can stand them doing different damage but different skills altogether suck and forced zone leveling too, more I hear about legion the more I think it's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    Damn, 10-15 seconds are a lot for a single enemy
    Didn't take that long for me to kill mobs at level 100 with a pre-made Holy Paladin, so he's probably off on his estimates. Holy Paladins have even been confirmed (by a Blue post) to have too low DPS, so there's that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    hw exackly will it help when it will end up in raiders mass pulling eveyrthing what moves and then aoein it down -_-
    Actually if you look into it they're doing something with mob tagging, you're too quick to moan & judge. Go look into it.

They noticed that because they made the game so easy, the players they are attracting are so lazy/bad they dont bother to change to an optimal zone when appropriate, so they will just let you finish leveling even if you didn't take the correct path.

Quote Originally Posted by Eugenik View Post
    People will be farming and pvping in the world at max level for legendary items.
    Hopefully! It looks like Blizzard is taking more steps toward open world content. Now they need to put stuff to do in ALL zones at any level ... instead of funneling people to just new zones that will later be abandoned except for leveling.

There is no reason that a quest or event shouldn't take a level 110 to any part of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    It is not a great thing.. it is absolutely HORRIBLE. Instead of returning to a lower level area after reaching max level and farming cloth, items, etc... it will be like farming same level mobs... tedious and devoid of any fun.

Imagine if they decide to do this worldwide... going to a level 60 area to farm runecloth and taking a minute each mob? No thanks... this expansion is so farked.
    I hope they will make it work like this in vanilla zones, etc, so old zones become relevant again. Now when you are new to the game, you can level from 1-60 by doing 3 different zones and some LFG dungeons, while there are plenty of beautifull zones. What's the point in going back to one nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by Volkahn View Post
    Yeah cause I equate farming to something fun. Oh noes! I may have to wait a few more seconds to kill this mob before I get that cloth from it? The game is dead guys. You heard it here 1st. I suppose you think being unable to fly right away is also a huge deal breaker too? All I hear is bitching and moaning. Wait to see what ACTUALLY happens before you get down on it.
    Way to overreact...

But anyway, waiting to see what actually happens before you say something is WAY too late. The time to speak up is NOW, in alpha/beta, not when it's finished and live.

OT: I dislike the idea, too, but it depends on the ilevel scaling. If I can go back and easily kill mobs (farm) with dungeon/LFR gear, then I'm fine with it. If I need heroic/mythic gear to be able to overpower them, I'll hate it. Hoping to get in beta to test that, or find someone else who will test it.

Deleted
    People will be farming and pvping in the world at max level for legendary items.
    If i understood correctly those legendaries will drop from any activity, including dungeons and raids, only that in dungeons and raids they will have a higher drop rate, so that is not gonna be a reason for people being out in the world.
    however,It will bring back the old tradition of let´s farm trash in raids.

I actually like this. One of my biggest gripes about leveling in WoW is that every zone has a story arc that you go through as you quest, but the mobs and quests become green (then gray) to you, so you're stuck with the choice of skipping to the next zone and leaving the previous zone unfinished, or doing a bunch of quests for minimal experience. The effect is worsened if you choose to do a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Dryla View Post
    so that is not gonna be a reason for people being out in the world.
    What are you basing that assumption on? Simply not true.

Deleted
    What are you basing that assumption on? Simply not true.
    That the drop rate in dungeons and raids is much higher than in world mobs, but as i said i might be wrong, i think i read it was like this in a post in this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by lukoil View Post
    That's why they didn't make it wordlwide. But they can do that in the expansion content. The profit? All zones are relevant at max level. Unlike other expansions where you have only 1-2 max level zones - now ALL zones are max level. They can easily add content to current zones that will be relevant and also provide new content for leveling. For example adding new quests to the zone will satisfy 101 level character and 110 level character.
    If the mob don't scale to your ilvl, then they are not relevant at max level. There is in practice no noticeable difference between facerolling a lvl 100 or a lvl 95 when you have ilvl 670 gear (and you can have much more).
    And if they scale, then what's the point of increasing the power save for having bigger numbers that will need a squish ?

The entire "level scaling" concept is retarded. It's putitng one design ("level", which the very definition of is about differenciating between, well, levels) in a game, and then immediately canceling it out with the exact opposite one ("scaling", which is about removing the differenciation). So that's bothering to implement two mechanism so they do jack all in the end...

That's... so... retarded.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Character power is more about ilevel than character level. Blizzard has simply taken that endgame mechanic and applied it to leveling. I believe many of you will find that this is much less of an issue than you are trying to make it out to be once youve had the opportunity to play for yourselves. You dont even notice the level difference unless you happen to stumble upon one of the L110 elites that are scattered around the zones.

There is still the perception of power increase as you gear up from quests and acquire artifact traits. Mobs start dying faster and your pulls start getting bigger. You will feel stronger as you progress.

That the drop rate in dungeons and raids is much higher than in world mobs, but as i said i might be wrong, i think i read it was like this in a post in this forum.
    So people altogether wont be farming them anywhere else? Even while doing the rest of the stuff that lure you out into the world? Come on..

What is the point of having leveling as it is now?
    I outlevel the mobs of shadowmoon, yey good for me, i am never gonna do anything with those mobs, i am gonna skip them as i would do if they had the same level i do, so i see no difference.
    If they're the same level as you, they have a much larger aggro range. So you can't route around them without being attacked, and they are more likely to daze you off your ground mount. Think about riding through Tanaan Jungle on your ground mount now; every zone in Legion will feel like that.

Deleted
    So people altogether wont be farming them anywhere else? Even while doing the rest of the stuff that lure you out into the world? Come on..
    I believe when people are into farming something on purpose go to the plce where that farming is more efficient.
    If what you mean is that when you are out on the world, it is nice to have the plus of legendaries dropping, then i agree, but it sounded that you said the legendary farming only by itself, was gonna pull people out onto the world, and i do not think so.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    If they're the same level as you, they have a much larger aggro range. So you can't route around them without being attacked, and they are more likely to daze you off your ground mount. Think about riding through Tanaan Jungle on your ground mount now; every zone in Legion will feel like that.
    ok this is a valid reason.

7+ Year Old Account
    Makes it so you can experience the entire expansion without over powering what would have been low level zones.

Not saying it's a huge deal, but it is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Didn't take that long for me to kill mobs at level 100 with a pre-made Holy Paladin, so he's probably off on his estimates. Holy Paladins have even been confirmed (by a Blue post) to have too low DPS, so there's that.
    No that's about right for a DH out of the starter area. First couple mobs you pull together and nuke with eye beam. next 45 seconds you're taking 15 seconds a mob.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."