Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Mythic Xhul 230+ wipes

Hey guys,

So I'm a new poster on these forums, our guild has been having a lot of issues progressing on Xhul mythic.
    Lots of ideas as to where the wipes mostly come from but it seems to be a bit of everything.

If any of you guys who've killed it before could chime in with helpful class / spec tips or general strat tips that would be super helpful

I can't actually post a link to logs apparently but we're Quid Pro Quo Bro - Magtheridon EU so easy enough to find our recent night of attempts.

Deleted
    27 pulls and 161 hits from volatile voidstep.

Who are your designated fire/void clearers?
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2016-05-04 at 01:49 PM.

Deleted
    We don't have any 'designated' clearers, we don't have any rogues who can remove their debuffs so our RL has just been saying anyone jump in to clear some fire if it grows too much :/

Deleted
    Links for people who are gonna analyse:
    Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/92qhFZyKDCTjYmRk

Just at a quick glance your dps overall is very poor, given the Ilvl.
    A lot of people seem to be getting hit by the voidstep, which gives you less room, thus more chance at explosions = dead raid.
    Quite a few black hole deaths aswell, I am curious as to why you are 3 tanking? (Going to end up answering myself) is it because your tanks struggle at taunting?

I need to have a better look at the logs, unless some one else does, just a few quick and obvious things.

Quote Originally Posted by Willus View Post
    We don't have any 'designated' clearers, we don't have any rogues who can remove their debuffs so our RL has just been saying anyone jump in to clear some fire if it grows too much :/
    Voidsteps is the adds jumping on players, you should never let that happen. Screws everything up.

The people who clear black hole should run and clear fire after they have been topped up by the healers.

Also, assign a hunter to kite the adds out of the raid, while making sure that the ranged are clearly standing away from the melee at all times so adds don't spawn in the melee clump.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Deleted
    Ok so the main reason we've been 3 tanking is for the black holes.
    As we have no rogues we thought having 1 monk tank solo all the normal black holes would be the easiest way (side benefit of easier tanking ofc), would you suggest a better way from looking at our class comp?

Atm Mainonion and altzebra are the hunters who kite the voidfiends, seems to often yield mixed results

Dps, not sure how we can increase that

Also how viable is 2 healing? Seems fine for most of the fight but we've never got to 20% cleanly

Ok so the main reason we've been 3 tanking is for the black holes.
    As we have no rogues we thought having 1 monk tank solo all the normal black holes would be the easiest way (side benefit of easier tanking ofc), would you suggest a better way from looking at our class comp?

Atm Mainonion and altzebra are the hunters who kite the voidfiends, seems to often yield mixed results

Dps, not sure how we can increase that

Also how viable is 2 healing? Seems fine for most of the fight but we've never got to 20% cleanly
    If the tanks are soaking black holes, there's absolutely no reason why they aren't running to clear fire after.

This fight is essentially 100% health or 0% health, there's very little in between that there's no point running more healers. 2 heal is perfectly viable as long as the healers involved are on the ball and triage the correct targets(like people who clear black hole/run fire).
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    You got 7 players in the chain group when i look at your replay logs, seems like alot to me when 4 is enough. They also don´t seem to stay together in later phases, they either spread out or together with other ranged, tho you dont seem to have alot of chains deaths, i would watch this.

Rest like mentioned alot of voidsteps and Shadowfel Annihilation that need to be fixed.

Healing wise you dont see many people 2 heal this fight on progress, i dont think i even 2 healed this on farm so far but my raid also has a few to much derps for me to even bother atm. But incase you are struggling some wipes i put some input about your disc.

Your disc priest seems to struggle for mana towards the end, and this is partly because he isnt casting Solace enough, on your longest wipe he has 8 cast out of 27ish. He just stops casting it for long periods of time. If he cant cast it on cd he might aswell swich to mindbender. Alos he doesnt use a mana potion when he gets low.

He should also drop cascade, compared to Halo its just really bad also cause it hits full hp pets. Hes also not castin Archangel on cd and therefore missing out on 25% increased healing and absorbs for 18 secs every 30 secs. He is casting alot of PoH wich is probably needed 2 healing this but the downside to not casting AA on cd is that hes also losing out on a 100% crit on PoH. More then 8 of those 14 PoH cast could have been 100% crit. Also only 1 PI cast and 0 Barrier
    Last edited by mmoc5829d1e13c; 2016-05-04 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    Healing wise you dont see many people 2 heal this fight on progress, i dont think i even 2 healed this on farm so far but my raid also has a few to much derps for me to even bother atm. But incase you are struggling some wipes i put some input about your disc.
    Well yeah, then and now are two different things.

People actually needed to 3 heal the fight when 795 rings and ilvl upgrades didn't exist, and had a last phase which lasted long enough to matter(now it's like, if you get more than ~5-6 pulses on progression your dps must have unequipped their weapons and trinkets or something).

Currently, if you can't 2 heal this encounter, it means half your raid is just stacking up the green debuff the entire time and not moving out at all, because that's literally the only source of attrition damage on this encounter pre last phase. Felshadow explosions are one shots after a certain point anyway, unless you run like 3 disc priests and get them to chain spirit shells(lol).
    Last edited by PosPosPos; 2016-05-04 at 04:17 PM.

I'm not looking at the logs but basically shit that causes annihalations will wipe you.

You HAVE to have control of the imps. You HAVE to have people pick up the void adds. You HAVE to have designated soakers for black holes.

Apart from that move smartly. All we do is place 2 markers to ping pong between (for ranged) until the chains become empowered. When void steppers spawn move to the next marker. When the black hole spawns move back.

Seriously, tick the boxes above and the boss will die. Keep bathing in purple shit and causing explosions and you'll wipe till Legion is released. It really is that simple.

Deleted
    The reason people still 3 heal it is the very last phase, not the explosion mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    The reason people still 3 heal it is the very last phase, not the explosion mistakes.
    What last phase?

:/

First 3 pulses don't hurt, so each healer cds the 4th and 5th and raid leader calls for VE/NV/RC if there's going to be a 6th.

People used to go up to like 10+ pulses, it's literally impossible to reach that point now without trying very hard to get there.

Deleted
    Judging by your dps i cannot understand why you've been extending your lockout for like 4 weeks, if the logs are true the amount loot you could have gotten would have helped you SO MUCH.

2 Healers is going to be fine until the last phase where you're gonna need some good burst on the boss, which you can't really have with your overall dps performance.

Going frost as a dk is absurd on this fight, the amount of dps they could bring if they switched to unholy with NP is huge.

Your hunters could cast a LOT more chimaera shots, one of them forgot to cast it for a minute.

In all seriousness though, they need to step their game up if you want to get through this boss + trying to push a xhul'horac kill for 4 weeks, i think, is a bad idea.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    What last phase?

:/

First 3 pulses don't hurt, so each healer cds the 4th and 5th and raid leader calls for VE/NV/RC if there's going to be a 6th.

People used to go up to like 10+ pulses, it's literally impossible to reach that point now without trying very hard to get there.
    I get a sense you assume everyone plays perfectly. These are guilds on progression. They should not 2 heal if the cons outweigh the pros.

Something similar exists in Mannoroth. You can 3 heal in theory, but in practice progression can use 4 and the cons won't be too bad.

I'll just speak about your DKs because many problems you have strategy-wise have already been adressed.

- They play the wrong spec
    - They don't know how to play the spec they are currently playing (at least not at the level they should to take down one of the last boss of this tier)
    - The Gorefiend Grasp rotation is chaotic (most likely non-existent tbh)
    - They doesn't seem to be on the blackhole soaking duty yet they don't pre AMS the fel surge ability, overall they are first at damage taken by this ability, time to setup the bossmod
    - You have 3 monks, setup a legsweep rotation on the imps

Grunt
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Exephia View Post
    Links for people who are gonna analyse:
    Logs:

Just at a quick glance your dps overall is very poor, given the Ilvl.
    A lot of people seem to be getting hit by the voidstep, which gives you less room, thus more chance at explosions = dead raid.
    Quite a few black hole deaths aswell, I am curious as to why you are 3 tanking? (Going to end up answering myself) is it because your tanks struggle at taunting?

I need to have a better look at the logs, unless some one else does, just a few quick and obvious things.
    Hello,

You have problems with the kiters of the voids or the raid is not moving out when the voids comes up for the kiters get the voids (them not have aggro, its per proximity).

Look your replay feature on logs for see who drops a fel surge on wrong place, its a big problem because we have a lot of dps farmers and with a voidstep (players do not get out of the shadow place leaving by the voids) its a mostly cause of wipes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys,

So I'm a new poster on these forums, our guild has been having a lot of issues progressing on Xhul mythic.
    Lots of ideas as to where the wipes mostly come from but it seems to be a bit of everything.

If any of you guys who've killed it before could chime in with helpful class / spec tips or general strat tips that would be super helpful

I can't actually post a link to logs apparently but we're Quid Pro Quo Bro - Magtheridon EU so easy enough to find our recent night of attempts.
    lol 230+ wipes on Mythic Xhul? Thats just sad..

Have your rogues deal with black holes, or mages can do it too. Kill all void spawns asap. Drop green fire next to stairs in corner, use ring to blow up large add. Profit.

My guild's also approaching 200 wipes on Xhul and not as progressed as you guys.

I think this topic will help you guys.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-Chains-of-Fel

The few pulls where u got close to 20%, people always died to Fel Snapback from Empowered Chains so read up and handle it better. Its not all the problems but one step at a time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AioliaBR View Post
    Hello,

You have problems with the kiters of the voids or the raid is not moving out when the voids comes up for the kiters get the voids (them not have aggro, its per proximity).

Look your replay feature on logs for see who drops a fel surge on wrong place, its a big problem because we have a lot of dps farmers and with a voidstep (players do not get out of the shadow place leaving by the voids) its a mostly cause of wipes.

I dont think you were supposed to quote me :P