Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I hope they add more classes like a druid and rogue style class. I hope they make the world bigger with more rpg like aspects while still keep the fast paced combat and class abilities.

Idk what i feel about this, while i love the idea of more Diablo stuff. I dont feel like its time for a new game (D4).
    An expansion with a class or two could be cool tho.. that said, diablo 3 the trilogy just feels awkward, considering that we pretty much "won" against the prime evils in RoS.
    ohwell. Diablo team has had a great streak of rolling out good updates lately, so i'll keep hope that they'll continue doing just that.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    I want a Fallout/Skyrim style Diablo - massive map, freeform play style, adventure and exploration, lootz, crafting, and epic headshots and body parts flying.
    While I agree that something like this would be epic, I don't see them making anything called Diablo that wasn't an ARPG. While some games make the transition from one genre to another, others I feel wouldn't be accepted as such (see the Syndicate FPS).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fus Ro Yay View Post
    An expansion with a class or two could be cool tho.. that said, diablo 3 the trilogy just feels awkward, considering that we pretty much "won" against the prime evils in RoS.
    RoS ended with Tyrael having some doubts regarding Nephalem.

Maybe Angels will try to control Nephalem in some way because they are scarred of the power they can achieve. Nephalem realizes it and start to rebel because there is chance they might feel like they have been simply used by Angels to wipe out demons. Now, subsequently, this can trigger some difficult decision making in Angiris Council.

Imperius might realize that Malthael was perhaps right and shouldn't have been stopped. He might opt for an Angelic invasion as Prime Evils have been released and there is high chance humankind might be corrupted again and wiping out Nephalem is basically now or never. Auriel will of course oppose him as she is Hope itself.

Now the interesting thing is, Tyrael could be undecided. Because Justice has already been served and is unsure about Nephalem and himself; and as a Wisdom there is nothing to see. Basically the same "madness" (Not really, but...) Malthael has fallen into and in the end step out of the voting. However Itherael might actually join Imperius because he is unable to see fate of Nephalem and it might scare him, especially after all those past events.

We can basically end Diablo 3 with resetting the whole universe. Now the question is how will Angels and Demons interact with mankind after all those events.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    RoS ended with Tyrael having some doubts regarding Nephalem.

Maybe Angels will try to control Nephalem in some way because they are scarred of the power they can achieve. Nephalem realizes it and start to rebel because there is chance they might feel like they have been simply used by Angels to wipe out demons. Now, subsequently, this can trigger some difficult decision making in Angiris Council.

Imperius might realize that Malthael was perhaps right and shouldn't have been stopped. He might opt for an Angelic invasion as Prime Evils have been released and there is high chance humankind might be corrupted again and wiping out Nephalem is basically now or never. Auriel will of course oppose him as she is Hope itself.

Now the interesting thing is, Tyrael could be undecided. Because Justice has already been served and is unsure about Nephalem and himself; and as a Wisdom there is nothing to see. Basically the same "madness" (Not really, but...) Malthael has fallen into and in the end step out of the voting. However Itherael might actually join Imperius because he is unable to see fate of Nephalem and it might scare him, especially after all those past events.

We can basically end Diablo 3 with resetting the whole universe. Now the question is how will Angels and Demons interact with mankind after all those events.
    Metzen loves locking things up in different planes of existence. It would probably be something along those lines.

7+ Year Old Account
    Something wicked this way comes-- The @diablo team is seeking a Senior Character Artist!
    https://twitter.com/scampactual/stat...50086195957763

Quote Originally Posted by Kontinuum View Post
    Something wicked this way comes-- The @diablo team is seeking a Senior Character Artist!
    https://twitter.com/scampactual/stat...50086195957763
    "Demonstrated proficiency with current surfacing techniques and PBR workflows"

This suggests that they are looking for people for a new game, not an expansion. Interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    "Demonstrated proficiency with current surfacing techniques and PBR workflows"

This suggests that they are looking for people for a new game, not an expansion. Interesting.
    Please, explain this more

I cannot read the same - i literally can't read anything apart that's for a new project.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Please, explain this more

I cannot read the same - i literally can't read anything apart that's for a new project.
    PBR = Physical Based Rendering

Here is a video explaining it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NjGETJMZvY

Basically it creates visuals that are very realistic. It would require a new game considering current art assets are not made with PBR in mind.

Also, their graphics engineer position (http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=1500159) requires DX10+ knowledge while D3 is based on DX9. This also suggest a new game rather than expansion.
    Last edited by Noctifer616; 2016-05-04 at 02:50 PM.

Ok, so either they're redoing the entire grahics (unlikely) or it's a complete new project. Sounds fair.

Anyway, i think it's just too soon for D4 and yes, sounds too big for an expansion.

Maybe a spinoff Diablo-themed game?

Ok, so either they're redoing the entire grahics (unlikely) or it's a complete new project. Sounds fair.

Anyway, i think it's just too soon for D4 and yes, sounds too big for an expansion.

Maybe a spinoff Diablo-themed game?
    Game development takes years (especially for Blizzard games) and we don't know how far into the project they are, so it could be 3+ years away for all we know.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctifer616 View Post
    Game development takes years (especially for Blizzard games) and we don't know how far into the project they are, so it could be 3+ years away for all we know.
    Sure. Still i think (hope) they're going to say something about Diablo at this year Blizzcon.

Sure. Still i think (hope) they're going to say something about Diablo at this year Blizzcon.
    Same here. Just because they are working on a new game doesn't mean another expansion is impossible. Or at least a major patch with some new content.

Game director. Diablo.

It might not be announced yet, but it's probably not a Match 3 game...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    I don't think it's too much to ask people to give feedback based on actual abilities/testing, not hyperbole. (Celestalon)

might go for it, i don't meet many of the requirements but on the plus side, i'm not jay fucking wilson, and that's one hell of a plus.

on the downside, everyone else is also not jay wilson, so they have the same huge plus i do :s

WUT.

That's huge.

7+ Year Old Account
    In an email to Polygon, Blizzard confirmed that Mosqueira has stepped down as director of Diablo 3 and is no longer at Blizzard.
    http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/1/1208...-game-director

let it not be another expansion

that game is utterly dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by wowaccounttom View Post
    let it not be another expansion

that game is utterly dead
    Creating an entire new game would take a very long time and we wouldn't see it for 2-3 years from now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi