Thread: [TV] The Flash!

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    no, that's what I mean. So what if he's wrong, he's doing his best. That's why I give him a high-five at the end of every ep.
    I do find his thoughts entertaining, and they often get me thinking

Wally is 20, Barry and Iris are like 28 I think.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm late to this discussion kind of coming back to it but who does everyone think is behind the mask?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

I think it's more likely right now for Jessie to get powers than Wally, at least at first, since in addition to the Barry-splosion she's also been exposed to Velocity-9 in the past.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jencsik View Post
    I'm late to this discussion kind of coming back to it but who does everyone think is behind the mask?
    The real Earth-2 Jay Garrick, played by John Wesley Shipp because he is the Earth-2 doppelganger of Henry Allen.

Earth-1: Henry's mother's maiden name was Garrick. She married grandpa Allen, had Henry as a son. Henry married Nora Thompson, and had Barry.

Earth-2: Miss Garrick's boyfriend was less honorable than the Earth-1 grandpa Allen, so she had Jay Garrick out of wedlock. Later, Nora Thompson married some other Allen, and had Barry (Barry got all of his looks from his mother's side of the family, as Nora even said the adult Barry looked just like her father, so this is totally comic-book feasible. Or maybe Nora and Jay had an affair, and the other Mr. Allen married her anyway).

We have been told that there is a real Jay Garrick out there somewhere, somehow - Hunter Zolomon didn't just make up the name, and the writers/producers of The Flash have said they aren't trashing Jay Garrick's legacy. Plus, "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" that the man is your father's doppelganger, but isn't your doppelganger's father, plus he's a speedster.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-05-05 at 04:09 PM.

and theyve talked about giving ship powers from time to time.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    It's possible they have them short term if their powers were granted specifically by Barry passing through them(which is what I think happened there). Maybe it's a side effect of that happening. Or it could be the beginning of them having their own powers and taking care of business in other cities. They can show up from time to time on the show to lend Barry a hand when a single speedster isn't enough.
    Yeah, the video said they were hit by dark matter, but I thought it was Barry As Speedforce hitting them. It would be neat if the two of them got conditional speed, where they could go fast at times, but not 100%, perhaps draining off some of Barry's speed when they were active, or something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khime View Post
    The real Earth-2 Jay Garrick, played by John Wesley Shipp because he is the Earth-2 doppelganger of Henry Allen.

Earth-1: Henry's mother's maiden name was Garrick. She married grandpa Allen, had Henry as a son. Henry married Nora Thompson, and had Barry.

Earth-2: Miss Garrick's boyfriend was less honorable than the Earth-1 grandpa Allen, so she had Jay Garrick out of wedlock. Later, Nora Thompson married some other Allen, and had Barry (Barry got all of his looks from his mother's side of the family, as Nora even said the adult Barry looked just like her father, so this is totally comic-book feasible. Or maybe Nora and Jay had an affair, and the other Mr. Allen married her anyway).

We have been told that there is a real Jay Garrick out there somewhere, somehow - Hunter Zolomon didn't just make up the name, and the writers/producers of The Flash have said they aren't trashing Jay Garrick's legacy. Plus, "you wouldn't believe me if I told you" that the man is your father's doppelganger, but isn't your doppelganger's father, plus he's a speedster.
    When Barry1 went to Earth2, he talked to his mother and the two of them were going to Atlantis. I know that he didn't talk to his father, but I am not sure how they referenced her husband.
    It does seem odd if his mother married a different Allen though. For someone more industrious than I, are we sure that Earth2 Barry WAS an Allen? I'm pretty sure he was and that Iris was referenced as such (through marriage), but am too lazy to double check.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Knew from the moment Jesse and Wally went in to the room just thhe two of them that they'd be getting their powers

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    When Barry1 went to Earth2, he talked to his mother and the two of them were going to Atlantis. I know that he didn't talk to his father, but I am not sure how they referenced her husband.
    It does seem odd if his mother married a different Allen though. For someone more industrious than I, are we sure that Earth2 Barry WAS an Allen? I'm pretty sure he was and that Iris was referenced as such (through marriage), but am too lazy to double check.
    Yeah, I double-checked that first. I had hopes when I saw he wasn't named in the TV broadcast, but both Lawton and Iris called him "Allen", plus he called himself Barry Allen when giving Flash his pep talk. As for the phone call, the only reference was "Thank you so much for the anniversary tickets to Atlantis. Your dad and I have always wanted to go."

So yes, my idea of Nora marrying someone else named Allen is shaky, but I think it's the kind of comic-book coincidence that could work. Or maybe Grandma Garrick had twins, and one ended up being given to another couple to cover up the death of their own child... nah, even that's too far-fetched.
    Last edited by Khime; 2016-05-05 at 09:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    Knew from the moment Jesse and Wally went in to the room just thhe two of them that they'd be getting their powers
    Personally, I was kind of wondering if it was the start of a romantic subplot between the two. Who locks two young attractive teenagers in a room together?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I double-checked that first. I had hopes when I saw he wasn't named in the TV broadcast, but both Lawton and Iris called him "Allen", plus he called himself Barry Allen when giving Flash his pep talk. As for the phone call, the only reference was "Thank you so much for the anniversary tickets to Atlantis. Your dad and I have always wanted to go."

So yes, my idea of Nora marrying someone else named Allen is shaky, but I think it's the kind of comic-book coincidence that could work. Or maybe Grandma Garrick had twins, and one ended up being given to another couple to cover up the death of their own child... nah, even that's too far-fetched.
    It'll probably be a separate family(Garricks). It won't be super complicated.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Personally, I was kind of wondering if it was the start of a romantic subplot between the two. Who locks two young attractive teenagers in a room together?
    That's where my mind went first too, then when they were trying to get out it hopped to "oh, right, Speedforce".

Though I do wonder if Jessies otherearth vibrations should affect things. (speedforce wise, not hookup in closet wise)

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    That's where my mind went first too, then when they were trying to get out it hopped to "oh, right, Speedforce".

Though I do wonder if Jessies otherearth vibrations should affect things. (speedforce wise, not hookup in closet wise)
    Well, Barry had no problems speeding around on Earth-2 or Earth-S, so it seems that speedforce be speedforce no matter where you be speedin'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, Barry had no problems speeding around on Earth-2 or Earth-S, so it seems that speedforce be speedforce no matter where you be speedin'.
    *police siren* *Pulls up behind Flash* "Sire do you know has fast you were going?" Police "The Speed of Light?" Flash. "Yes, but our speed of light is 288,681,347 m/s, Your going to fast for out alternate reality, so I am going to have to write you a ticket." Police "Can't you just let me off on a warning?" Flash "No, I already let your future self off one a warning." Police
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

I meant in the "gaining powers" vs the "having powers". Like Jessie gets speedforce, but Wally doesn't, because she's Earth2ian. Or vice versa. Pretty sure both will get speed powers anyway.

Twin theory again?!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Feredir View Post
    Twin theory again?!!!!!!
    Oh, crap, why'd I pull that lever? RUN!

Episode 4 of the Chronicles of cisco. Looks like this is the final one.

- - - Updated - - -

And from the extended trailer for tonight's episode, it looks like there's going to be a "take my hand!" scene to try to get Barry out of the Speed Force, just like from the cartoon. Eeeee!

They did it twice

Fry: Usually on the show, they came up with a complicated plan, then explained it with a simple analogy.
    Leela: Hmmm... If we can re-route engine power through the primary weapons and configure them to Melllvar's frequency, that should overload his electro-quantum structure.
    Bender: Like putting too much air in a balloon!
    Fry: Of course! It's all so simple!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

That was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Judging by that exchange between Henry and Barry, I think we know who's gonna end up dying soon :P