View Poll Results: Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Voters
197. This poll is closed
  • Yes!

90 45.69%
  • No!

107 54.31%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No it's an abomination.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

The better question is, is a sandwich a hotdog...
    If you are progressing through content just to obtain gear, you are doing it wrong. You, in fact, are doing it exactly backwards.
    You are the leader of the Black Harvest, go harvest some squirrels and crack some more nuts. Sir.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    A Hot dog is barely edible food, let alone a sandwich.
    Simpsons summed it up best.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Basically, if you consider a subway sandwich a sandwich
    I don't, that's why they specifically call them subs over here instead of sandwiches, because they know they would be flooded with complaints if they tried that. McDonalds get enough stick for calling their chicken-burgers McChicken sandwiches lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    A roll is a type of bread. Hotdog buns are bread, cut in half, the meat sits in the middle between two parts of bread. It's the unfortunate side effect of the definition of sandwich. And yes, by this logic lots of other-things are sandwiches as well.

Tortillas are a type of flat bread made from corn or flour. If you put cheese between two tortillas and cook, you have a quesadilla, or a Mexican grilled cheese sandwich.
    Basically, if you consider a subway sandwich a sandwich, then a hot dog is one as well. But if you fight this, I'll ruin a bunch of different foods which I know fit the definition of sandwich you use, things no one wants to recognize as sandwiches.
    It's possible to eat a hot dog without the bread. It's not possible to eat a sandwich without the bread.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I don't, that's why they specifically call them subs over here instead of sandwiches, because they know they would be flooded with complaints if they tried that. McDonalds get enough stick for calling their chicken-burgers McChicken sandwiches lol.
    It's short for submarine sandwich.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm incredibly torn on this one... What if you put a hot dog (just the meat, no bun) between two slices of bread and at it that way, would it then become a sandwich? We used to eat them this way growing up because my folks didn't want spend extra money and buns and bread, just used the bread as the bun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    It's possible to eat a hot dog without the bread. It's not possible to eat a sandwich without the bread.
    Mind = Blown

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    If I asked somebody to make me a sandwhich, and they brought back a hotdog, I would think they were a moron.
    This sums it up pretty well. It is not a sandwich.

If someone offered me a sandwich and gave me a hot dog I would slap them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Ever have a "protein sandwich". It is possible to eat a sandwich with no bread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Sub is short for Subway sandwich, they are also called Italian Hoagie Sandwiches. Depending on your location it's a: Hoagie, sub, sub sandwich, subway, yadda, yadda....ect

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zandro View Post
    I'm incredibly torn on this one... What if you put a hot dog (just the meat, no bun) between two slices of bread and at it that way, would it then become a sandwich? We used to eat them this way growing up because my folks didn't want spend extra money and buns and bread, just used the bread as the bun.

- - - Updated - - -

Mind = Blown
    Don't be fooled, I've had bread free sandwiches. substitute the bread with lettuce, or egg patties.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    A hot dog bun is one piece of bread. Ergo, it does not fit the definition of a sandwich.
    But I would argue folding a slice of bread over forms a sandwich as much as two slices would.
    It gives you half a sandwich in effect.
    Therefore whether it is one or two pieces is irrelevant in my view.
    As is whether it is flat or not.

I would say it is a sandwich when it is between two LAYERS of bread.

As suggested, it may not matter if it is even bread or not.

Something being described as sandwiched does not refer solely to bread.
    Last edited by ComputerNerd; 2016-05-05 at 10:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted
    Some more fuel to the fire:

In the late 1800s, a hot dog was referred to as a 'Coney Island sandwich' or 'Frankfurter sandwich'.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ever have a "protein sandwich". It is possible to eat a sandwich with no bread.
    That's a lettuce wrap, not a sandwich.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Its only a sandwich if its made by your wife or Girlfriend

- - - Updated - - -

That's a lettuce wrap, not a sandwich.
    I make sandwiches out of Fathead dough. Thats all cheese and some Almond flour

If I asked for a sandwhich and someone brought me a hot-dog, I'd tell them they got my order wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    I am going to say no. It's not a sandwich because the bun, while easily pulled apart, is sold as a single piece of bread. The definition of a sandwich, as laid out by the OP, says that the meat is housed between TWO pieces of bread.

I say this only to spark debate, because hot dogs are delicious.
    So a sub or a philly when housed in a roll isn't a sandwich?

If you use the most liberal meaning of the word then, yes.

But colloquially its not what people are referring too when they use the word sandwich.

Sort of like how a bicycle is technically a vehicle. But most people wouldn't use the word vehicle to describe a bicycle.

7+ Year Old Account

Don't be fooled, I've had bread free sandwiches. substitute the bread with lettuce, or egg patties.

Now THAT I wouldn't consider a sandwich.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If you use the most liberal meaning of the word then, yes.

But colloquially its not what people are referring too when they use the word sandwich.

Sort of like how a bicycle is technically a vehicle. But most people wouldn't use the word vehicle to describe a bicycle.
    Legally a bicycle is a vehicle, and subject to road safety laws. Which is why it's illegal to ride a bicycle on a pedestrian path aka sidewalk. A hot Dog has always been considered a type of sandwich. If you dislike this, too bad, it's a sandwich, so is a sub, so is a Philly.

Even worse, so are Tacos. Since a tortilla is a flatbread.

- - - Updated - - -

It is, and back in the early 2000's they were really popular with a fad diet.

It is only one piece of bread, cut as to allow the hotdog to fit in the middle. It's blasphemy to call that a sandwich.

Then again, I eat half PB+J sandwiches all the time. Those are a slice of bread folded in half. Sometimes when I'm out of hotdog buns I just use bread the same way. Then is it a sandwich? These thoughts keep me up at night.

- - - Updated - - -

How about with chicken?

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    It is only one piece of bread, cut as to allow the hotdog to fit in the middle. It's blasphemy to call that a sandwich.

Then again, I eat half PB+J sandwiches all the time. Those are a slice of bread folded in half. Sometimes when I'm out of hotdog buns I just use bread the same way. Then is it a sandwich? These thoughts keep me up at night.

- - - Updated - - -

How about with chicken?

yeah double down on that heart attack.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.