Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Phoenix View Post
    Boo. Can't say I'm too pleased, but my guess is that this skin is a version of Nova who takes on Widowmaker's mantle; it doesn't have to necessarily BE Widowmaker herself. It's kind of like how Uther has a Medic skin but later on we got Lt. Morales filling the role of the Medic unit. Didn't Blizzard say that we'd still get a hero based off <insert unit name here> even if we get a skin prior to that, like the aforementioned? It could still happen.
    Medic Uther was still very distinctively Uther, just with customized medic power armor. It didn't intrude on the medic fantasy or silhouette too much. Same with Azmodan having a Gul'dan skin. They're very easy to tell apart. You can't tell apart Widowmaker Nova from a regular Widowmaker just like you wouldn't be able to tell regular Magni apart from the Muradin Magni, so you can forget about them ever adding Widowmaker or Magni to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Not sure how I feel about it. On the one hand, a Widowmaker skin is cool and makes more sense than the alternatives. On the other, this is probably the first time a skin has (probably) confirmed there will never be a particular hero in HoTS. Apart from Magni.

I assume it'll be at least Epic since it'll need a full voice rework.
    D2 Amazon? That was also Nova actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    D2 Amazon? That was also Nova actually.
    Maybe. I still feel like there's room for an actual Amazon though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Kinda sucks that she'll just be a skin. Not just a theme skin either, pretty much the Widowmaker model entirely, so they're basicly saying they'll never add her. I hope it'll atleast be an amazing skin, gonna have to buy something new from the shop anyway, considering they're adding a new billy mount.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Kinda sucks that she'll just be a skin. Not just a theme skin either, pretty much the Widowmaker model entirely, so they're basicly saying they'll never add her. I hope it'll atleast be an amazing skin, gonna have to buy something new from the shop anyway, considering they're adding a new billy mount.
    They're probably gonna bundle that billy mount with Chromie and her skin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    to much cross over with nova. much like they almost certainly wont add a road hog.

Disgustingly lazy. I got so mad when I saw this.

I am still mad about it.

To be fair, Widowmaker doesn't bring anything to the game that Nova isn't already doing. And since this is essentially a flat game without ledges, her grapple hook is virtually pointless.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    to much cross over with nova. much like they almost certainly wont add a road hog.
    Widowmaker uses a Poisonous, stationary Mine, Nova does not.

Nova uses invisibility, Widowmaker does not.

Widowmaker has a grappling hook, Nova does not.

Nova uses holograms to fool her enemies, Widowmaker does not.

Widowmaker can reveal the location of the enemy for her entire team, Nova can only snipe and call down an orbital strike.

Sorry, they are nothing alike. They are only alike because of the weapon they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Lillyth View Post
    Disgustingly lazy. I got so mad when I saw this.

I am still mad about it.
    It's one character amongst hundreds they could add. There's nothing disgustingly lazy about it when they're also making two new heroes alongside it. They just decided Widowmaker wasn't one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    To be fair, Widowmaker doesn't bring anything to the game that Nova isn't already doing. And since this is essentially a flat game without ledges, her grapple hook is virtually pointless.
    Poisonous stationary mine.

Revealing the entire enemy team.

Likely much higher damage than Nova.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    It's one character amongst hundreds they could add. There's nothing disgustingly lazy about it when they're also making two new heroes alongside it. They just decided Widowmaker wasn't one of them.
    Then it shouldnt be a skin, really. Widowmaker is her own hero. This is just an attempt to cash in on the Overwatch release.

And the saddest thing? The Widowmaker skin doesnt even look good.

Poisonous stationary mine.

Revealing the entire enemy team.

Likely much higher damage than Nova.
    So just make her OP then?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    So just make her OP then?
    Suppose every hero with more damage than your preferred hero is OP then.

Deleted
    Widowmaker uses a Poisonous, stationary Mine, Nova does not.

Nova uses invisibility, Widowmaker does not.

Widowmaker has a grappling hook, Nova does not.

Nova uses holograms to fool her enemies, Widowmaker does not.

Widowmaker can reveal the location of the enemy for her entire team, Nova can only snipe and call down an orbital strike.

Sorry, they are nothing alike. They are only alike because of the weapon they use.
    they are both archtypical snipers.

You have to consider making heroes unique and easily recognisable, esp when you have diverse skins with no strict design criteria to keep the appearance within present bounds.

They both fill the same niche, sniper. There are differences yes, but thats irrelevant if they niche they fill is the same.
    Wont happen, and bliz obviously agree.

Deleted
    I don't see how. A sniper, close range SMG, a trap, a grappling hook and global vision. Nova only has one of those.

widowmaker with her Wallhack Ultimate would have been pretty cool

Suppose every hero with more damage than your preferred hero is OP then.
    I'm not just talking about her dmg. I'm talking about her poison bomb, revealing all enemies AND more dmg than one of the more annoying heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    I don't see how. A sniper, close range SMG, a trap, a grappling hook and global vision. Nova only has one of those.
    explained in the post immediately above yours......

they are both archtypical snipers.

They both fill the same niche, sniper. .
    Right, Blizzard NEVER has multiple heroes to fill the same niche, like...the high damage mage? Or the slow moving undead king? Or the powered armor guy with a big gun?

Now, tell me which 3 heroes I'm talking about.

I would rather have even shitty lore characters like Aggra than have another Overwatch character.