Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One thing I will say I'm glad they haven't added... visible K/D ratios. One of the reasons why I hate some games because 1) people will ignore objectives just to get kills 2) people tend to play like wimps when they worry about K/D

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    One thing I will say I'm glad they haven't added... visible K/D ratios. One of the reasons why I hate some games because 1) people will ignore objectives just to get kills 2) people tend to play like wimps when they worry about K/D
    Especially since K/D ratios are about as close to a useless statistic in an objective-based shooter as you can get.

Getting three kills the entire match as Tracer and spending most of your time hiding so you don't ruin your perfect KDR means you're useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Especially since K/D ratios are about as close to a useless statistic in an objective-based shooter as you can get.

Getting three kills the entire match as Tracer and spending most of your time hiding so you don't ruin your perfect KDR means you're useless.
    I mean, I get that you need to be careful and not die needlessly but it's fine if you die 5 times in a match if you gave it a good shot.

I've found the most effective way to playing is defensively. I usually get huge killstreaks and on fire, but not so much play of the games. In fact, I don't usually find ideal spots to use my ult, unless I want to be 'that guy' and pop it on a single player.

People worrying about K/d's pretty much keeps them off the point (and loses games). I can't tell you how many games ive won because a friggin mercy jumped on a point for 3 seconds so reinhart could jump on to secure it in overtime.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

so far i love widowmaker, genji, and d.va.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    People worrying about K/d's pretty much keeps them off the point (and loses games). I can't tell you how many games ive won because a friggin mercy jumped on a point for 3 seconds so reinhart could jump on to secure it in overtime.
    Hell, I know I've won contested points because I saw an opportunity to take out the Bastion that was hosing the point, even though it meant going far enough behind the enemy line that I couldn't get back. I died, Bastion died, but Bastion was the lynchpin keeping us off the point; without that backup, their defense crumbled enough for us to hold it and make the cap.

Dying's a tool you need to be willing to use. You shouldn't use it needlessly, and 1:1 trades are only "worth it" if you're less critical to your offense/defense than whoever you take out on the other side, at that moment. But dying for a reason is better than living and not taking the point.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    If you can't talk without relying on offhand insults don't bother. Nobody is impressed by the little big man routine on the Internet.
    Yeah, because i care about what you consider an insult and what not, which ironically is the same you just did there and also has absolutly nothing to do with the discussion at all. As if you are in any position to tell me what to do

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Cool, dont play it. im having a blast.
    Good, then it´s sure worth for you, was only talking about myself, which should be obivous

Quote Originally Posted by Felrane View Post
    People have really made me not like this open beta. The Closed beta stress test was alot more fun.
    Well, i would consider this open beta more of a marketing tool considering the game is out very soon. It should bring in more sales, which is better for the game in the long run.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makaran View Post
    Well after the reading the official forums, it's true, this game is not for me. This game is designed around twitch reflexes, something which older folk like me (35 yo) just don't have anymore. This game is intended for kids, literally, and not because of childish content or some shit, but simply because only people under 30 have the fast reflexes required to play this game.

No idea why Blizzard chose to cater to such young audience, pretty sure no one would have minded at all if the game was slower paced like Counterstrike.
    That's so wrong on so many levels, like, wow.

- - - Updated - - -

<3 people who complain about "omg team no support" while being 100% able to pick one. It's like TF2 again. But without demo spam (which is good by the way, not being able to cross the spawn line sucks)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I got POTG as widowmaker shooting 1 person. It ignored my 3 kill chain...which even that sucked
    I've seen potg when widowmaker bodyshot 3 people to death, when i had a highlight of the same game as Zenyatta, when i denied rocket barrage with discord+headshot, finished off Lucio, popped ult to deny Reaper, who was TPing into the fray to pop his ult

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    I'm going to say something weird now. So... Reaper... he sort of like pwns me every time. I can't seem to kill Reapers and they just don't seem to take much damage and kill me very quickly and in a few shots. Then... if I play Reaper, I somehow can't get anyone killed. I shoot them, but people don't seem to die. Instead, I die. I see Reapers pwning lots of people with little effort, but when I try people don't take damage..... well not enough to die before they kill me :/.

What is it that I'm doing wrong? I'd like to play Reaper since he has some cool moves, but whenever I need dps I skip him since I know I can't play him and pick something like Phara.
    Don't get too close to him. If he got close to you it only means 4 things:
    1) you fucked up and missed him TPing into your backline.
    2) you fucked up and missed him walking into your backline.
    3) you fucked up and walking into Reaper.
    4) he used his only means to escape to get close to you while being undamaged, so... that happens, but now he'll die probably.

Remember that Reaper gets free medpacks from dead people, so when people around him die - he is quite hard to kill.

He deals up to 140 damage per shot (at point blank), so, yeah, he deals lots of damage at close range, and if you have no means to get distance - you are screwed. If you play as a Reaper - you play as an Ork Kommandos squad - you don't rush in and yell at people revealing your position (aka shoot your 3 damage rounds at high range), you wait for an opportunity, or make one yourself:
    1) walk into a building with a medkit, wait for people to come in and kill them (really cheese and unrewarding play), then poke out of it (if enemies at mid range are persist, like, Reinhardt with shield up), get hit by a rocket, eat a medkit and seek new place to hide.
    2) watch enemy respawn timers - when everyone is alive and no one recently died - the space between their respawn and their frontline is free to roam. Get there by using a TP, wait for people to die, hide in close space where-everyone-and-their-mother-do-a-walk-of-alt+tab-after-getting-horribly-killed, pick off people running to the front line, right after than walk into enemy backline and try to do shit there, so they'll have to either accept the fact that they are not going to get reinforcements, or they have to retreat themselves to eliminate you.
    3) some stages of maps are generally good for Reaper, remember that you excel at close range combat.
    4) as soon as you've got your ult fall back to your team and make potg. Or use it to reliably kill someone. Nothing shameful to use your ult to kill 1 person, regardless of what said killed person will type you in chat after that - he is still dead and you wasted his 30 seconds of being helpful and adding to his goal of capturing your point or something

That's basically what i've got from playing Reaper. He is not that different from Tracer IMO, much less mobile, but much more deadly (damage-wise) and easy to play than Tracer.

Forgot to mention that armour pack helps a lot. It's not just 75 extra HP that can't be healed by a medkit, in fact, here some clues for you:
    you may have noticed blue/yelow bards slapped on top of usual health bars?
    Blue ones are shields - they regenerate while out of combat (effectively, my two favorite characters, Zenyatta and Zarya have only 50 and 200 health respectively, other 100 and 200 are shields), and if you want to be good at this game you have to understand, that if you hit Zarya with 4 rockets, two of which got absorbed by a shield and just boosted her damage by (don't really know lol, shame for me) some amount, if you let her hide for about 5 seconds - she'll be back with full 400 hit points
    And yellow bars are armour bars - they do not just count as extra hit points, but also give you damage protection (by 50% or at max 5), so characters like Tracer or Reaver will have much harder time bringing you down with 2 shots (since their attacks are actually multiple small hits, they get reduced by armour a lot)
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Some messy Junkrat left grenades and pipe bombs laying around and some complainer went and RNG stepped on them.
    It's not RNG, it's someone walking over a fucking minefield.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-06 at 05:04 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    That's basically what i've got from playing Reaper. He is not that different from Tracer IMO, much less mobile, but much more deadly (damage-wise) and easy to play than Tracer
    That's exactly how I play him. If more than my victim is shooting at me, I fucked up. I'll sneak around, take out a healer or a squishy, and then I'm gone again as their teammates react. Sticking around to try and teamfight, unless your team is going in, will get you killed. About the only time I AIM for more than a single KO at a time is if my Q's up. I managed to kill an entire team in one control point match, because I caught three of them on the point and Mei blocked the door they'd want to use to escape when I showed up and Q'd the three to death. Their teammates came at me for revenge, but they came one at a time, and the tasty health orbs they dropped topped me up each time (mei'd died right after dropping the ice wall: I'd been trying to save her when I dove in).

I'm not bragging, here; it was a good play, but not anything hugely special, and they should've been able to kick me off the point if they'd taken a second to regroup. I'm just saying that's the ONLY case where I'd stick around in the open; when I'm capping a point and there's a chance I can take who's coming. Any other situation, and I'm teleporting behind their ranks and assassinating people.

First impressions:

- slow movement speed
    - lots of abilities that net you some "pity frags" even if you have no clue what you are doing... Blizz style aww yeah.

BUT most importantly it still does feel fun... If I can get over the pity kill aspect I can see myself spending A LOT of hours playing OW.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's exactly how I play him. If more than my victim is shooting at me, I fucked up. I'll sneak around, take out a healer or a squishy, and then I'm gone again as their teammates react. Sticking around to try and teamfight, unless your team is going in, will get you killed. About the only time I AIM for more than a single KO at a time is if my Q's up. I managed to kill an entire team in one control point match, because I caught three of them on the point and Mei blocked the door they'd want to use to escape when I showed up and Q'd the three to death. Their teammates came at me for revenge, but they came one at a time, and the tasty health orbs they dropped topped me up each time (mei'd died right after dropping the ice wall: I'd been trying to save her when I dove in).

I'm not bragging, here; it was a good play, but not anything hugely special, and they should've been able to kick me off the point if they'd taken a second to regroup. I'm just saying that's the ONLY case where I'd stick around in the open; when I'm capping a point and there's a chance I can take who's coming. Any other situation, and I'm teleporting behind their ranks and assassinating people.
    Oh my, yesterday my teammates were raging about losing a king-of-the-hill map, all 6 players were on the point, i interrupted rant of my Reaver teammate seeing him having an ult, and me, Zarya, also having an ult, i yelled at him to get on the point, see him TPing right in the middle of it, enemies started scattering, and i threw in my ult and supported Reaver with a shield so he won't die instantly. These 5 kills were so satisfying, we won this match simply because of that.

Also, edited my big post on the previous page to highlight how armour packs fuck up Reavers and Tracers, huehue.

And i want to rise a completely different topic - Hanzo and his scatter arrow. I've seen a lot of complaints about it being "RNG" and "no skill" and "free frags", but after standing still for 60 seconds and using it on the same spot with еру same tension of the string i've got same results. The spread has no RNG in it, it follows same rules and, well, you just have to get used to it and know how to make as much splinters to hit your opponent
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-06 at 05:11 AM.
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Roadhog is SO much fun. I also can't handle a good Tracer!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaxic View Post
    Roadhog is SO much fun. I also can't handle a good Tracer!
    To beat a good Tracer you have to be good yourself.

When she pops up her rewind, you should (at least vaguely) know where she'll appear, aim your hook there and get an easy kill. Also remember that your melee as Roadhog doesn't affect your ranged attack, so you can chain them together to burst hooked target for 30+200+40 damage (depending on how big your target is, some slick champions do not get hit by all scraps even in melee range)

On the other hand, good Tracer won't stick too much around, so she will return to a position where you can't reach her, or from which she can retreat safely. I usually don't stay near Roadhog for more than 1 second, i know i won't burst him down (600 health + 300 heal, and all i have is pulse pistols with 240 damage per clip, even unloading full clip into his head won't kill him, why bother? Unload one clip, get your %s towards ult, rewind back and look for easy targets).

I love this game so much, it's combination of nostalgia towards the times i've discovered TF2 and great community and really well made game. I spend 8 hours per day playing it and to be fair i think i have a problem and i need help to get off this addiction but the game is so great guys!
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2016-05-06 at 05:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was bored after an hour. With a couple of exceptions the characters have little to no appeal to me. Typical boring Blizzard reverse engineered game: all hype, no substance.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing since closed beta began, and the feel when my youngest brother plays ridiculously better than I have in all my time the moment he picks up the controller... and I play with a mouse and keyboard

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I was bored after an hour. With a couple of exceptions the characters have little to no appeal to me. Typical boring Blizzard reverse engineered game: all hype, no substance.
    Just your opinion, which isn't shared by many.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    overwatch will be the only reason i play fps on PC, enough said well done blizzard.
    Gamer at Heart, Always willing to level up my game-play experience. Desire for gaining advantage in video games tier lists, are those that provide me a guide. not just a direction, but a path i can set for myself to grow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Assbandit View Post
    Just your opinion, which isn't shared by many.
    I never said anything of it being fact. But this game bores me. 5/10 at best as far as I'm concerned. Blizzard may not want to be 'the mmo company' (which is stupid since they are actually more recognized globally for RTS) but they've got a long way to go before the could ever be known as a 'shooter company'.

First impressions after a few minutes of play:

Looks great, though a bit too washed out. Runs very smoothly. 103 max fov is a dealbreaker for me. Won't be buying, but hope it proves to be a successful game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teebone View Post
    I never said anything of it being fact. But this game bores me. 5/10 at best as far as I'm concerned. Blizzard may not want to be 'the mmo company' (which is stupid since they are actually more recognized globally for RTS) but they've got a long way to go before the could ever be known as a 'shooter company'.
    Eh they had to salvage everything they could from TITAN and I'm really enjoying the game. The matches aren't long and there is just enough flavour between the heroes that I can switch to what I'm feeling on a whim. The game is entirely more enjoyable with friends, definitely give it a go.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)