Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ah - ok. Then yes, with one follower you can only double it to 180. But surely that's not the only gold mission you get.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

dont you remember the mount from pandaria? that was also 100 k and before garrisons were a thing

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    They take those rare occasions they get 1-2 1k gold missions + treasure hunter bonuses, multiply that by the number of maxed garrisons they have and pretend that's an indicator of sustained daily income...

I don't think I've ever seen anyone actually prove they make these insane amounts (50-100k daily) over long periods of time. Gold missions have diminishing returns (more than 1 character isn't going to double, triple etc your garrison income), some are rare you might see every 5 days at best.

I have 5 characters with 12-20 treasure hunters and I might get 10k on a very good day. It's not like I log in and have 3+ Blingtron missions. Tho granted I didn't invest in shipyards to maximize those (rare...) high gold naval missions.

no doubt you can make pretty darn impressive amounts of gold from garrisons but these people claiming they make insane banks 30 min a day are the same kind of people that claim they have steady 60 fps Ultra with renderscale at 200% on 4 year old hardware. It's like a liars boasting arena. Yeah yeah, go look at the floor zoomed in and use that framerate as your 40man raiding average performance...

Logged on my character that i havent touched in a day or so, with 25 maxed followers, 20 treasure hunters, I have 3 gold missions right now: 100, 35 and 25 gold. Getting those missions for items that sell for 5-15k is maybe once every 10 days? Lvl 3 shipyard with epic fleet, one naval mission for 125 gold. Another character that I havent touched since like last friday had 1 35g mission. Lol.
    Absolutely this.

Deleted
    The yak was very convenient. But yes, expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Absolutely this.
    absolutely not this - read on "effect of scale". also rep/cp tokens etc dont have diminishing returns and with 20 + alt you get abundance of those each week.

its a simple matter of "rich are geting richer" because they have means to invest and knowledge how to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maudib View Post
    Even at 400g average... 22 x 400 = 8800g a day.. times 7 = 61,600... no cheese necessary.

Then contemplate that with 22 toons.. I have a MUCH higher chance to get the tokens, potions and medallions... it is a rare day indeed I don't get at LEAST one of them.. and often 2 or 3 of some combination.

I also do the JC hut daily on every toon (takes less tha a minute) and average 250g 5 days a week (I don;t do the Iron choker/rings dailies) 1250g x 22 toons per week = 27,500g a week.

I also will do any gold shipyard missions. And that averages another 5-10k a day.

If you are not getting the tokens and such... make sure you warrior is iLevel 675 himself... and you have at least 20 followers at 675... Your goal should be to have them all at 675, as many as can be with the treasure finding trait and reroll a junk trait with the dance book to give 3 counters.

Oh.. I have 5 tailors at max level and make another 10k a week just selling bags.
    i would add also 22x kazzak kills should give you enough felblights for 2-3 715 items each week which even nowadays go for 30-40k - if you combine it with 5-6 scavengers on each toons we are speking about hundreds of thousands of crafting mats for free in the window of couple of months of farm

the only problem is - there is very few people with that many alts but it should be natural that those who play for years make much bigger profits then those who invested less time into game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Caught lieing here. You can't bid in your garrison and you're actually saying noone else went in Nagrand to bid on the rocket for like 20h the auction lasts. gg.
    You can't even spell lying, please learn to extrapolate on a statement rather than requiring me to have to meticulously spell things out for you.

Yes, believe it or not, on a medium to low population server not many people had gold and or cared to fly all the way out to nagrand, not to mention not a lot of people came back for 6.2 and HFC. So yes, I had little to no competition.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    its funny how people make more and more money off their garrison each week even after nerfs.

People apparently making 100k in a week on one character. That's just utter bs.

This is ofcourse ignoring the joke ones.

Apparently some people found a mad exploit in the garrissons
    1) Spending 18 months grinding alts an gearing up followers for fully decked out Garrison
    2) Clicking all the 22 missions tables every hour. Running Kazzak on each char, every week and clearing herbs/mine every day.
    3) Posting on MMOC pretending Garrison gold is totally free and without any effort
    4) Profit?
    Last edited by mmoc53950756e3; 2016-05-05 at 03:46 AM.

im sitting on 1.4 million and 33 months of paid sub, and im nowhere near rich compared to some of the kids playing this game

i dont think a few 100k items are really going to drain peoples gold

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesMephisto View Post
    You can't even spell lying, please learn to extrapolate on a statement rather than requiring me to have to meticulously spell things out for you.

Yes, believe it or not, on a medium to low population server not many people had gold and or cared to fly all the way out to nagrand, not to mention not a lot of people came back for 6.2 and HFC. So yes, I had little to no competition.
    Still lying. Your initial post insinuates that, since you were the only one in your server with BMAH in your garrison (how could you know that, lol?) you had no competition. I see no answer about the fact that you can only TRACK the BMAH in your garrison and not bid. But hey, since you were the only one having a tracking NPC, noone went in Nagrand to check, right. You don't mention your server and, frankly, i cannot believe that noone in whatever small server you are never visited Nagrand and didn't bid on a non-BoP mount for 115k gold. Not only you can bid in your garrison, you were the richest guy in your server, you bid 115k and noone else bothered to outbid you. TRUSTORYBRAH. Go elsewhere to brag about your fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    You see, he takes 100k from one toon and sends it to another. Repeat for mad profit.
    You can also bid 100k on some item on the BMAH that sells for a lot more. Then when you log back in and have 100k waiting for you!

I have one main and 3 alts and due to OCD or whatever the fuck I've never missed a day of doing a single thing on any of the garrisons since WOD was released. I bought enough tokens to last me through 2018 and still have 100s of 1000s of gold. It's extremely easy.

Why not just wait for the inevitable re-skin of the spider mount?

I have a foolproof plan to drain gold out of the WoW economy.

Create a vendor that sells very three cool, unique looking, bind-on-use mounts for 999,000 gold apiece and three bind-on-pickup color-variants of the same mounts for 100,000 gold apiece, then tell players that the mount vendor will be removed from the game on July 1.

People with "normal" amounts of gold will immediately buy the three 100k BoP mounts, removing a large amount of their accumulated wealth from the economy.

People who borderline-exploited garrisons with tons of alts for gold like me, making many millions of gold, will also buy the three 100k mounts and then spend all their remaining gold on the 1 million gold mounts, because as they're being removed from the game, their value is sure to appreciate in the future. So the really rich players would remove all their gold from the economy too.

This is the best way to outright fix gold inflation in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Still lying. Your initial post insinuates that, since you were the only one in your server with BMAH in your garrison (how could you know that, lol?) you had no competition. I see no answer about the fact that you can only TRACK the BMAH in your garrison and not bid. But hey, since you were the only one having a tracking NPC, noone went in Nagrand to check, right. You don't mention your server and, frankly, i cannot believe that noone in whatever small server you are never visited Nagrand and didn't bid on a non-BoP mount for 115k gold. Not only you can bid in your garrison, you were the richest guy in your server, you bid 115k and noone else bothered to outbid you. TRUSTORYBRAH. Go elsewhere to brag about your fantasies.
    You're so offended that I paid so much less for it. Why don't you go pleb elsewhere.
    I level warriors, I have 48 max level warriors.

Well it seems in the latest build the prices have been increased.

I hope these aren't final, I'm all for gold sinks, but I think the newest prices are just a little bit over the top ><

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    I hope these aren't final, I'm all for gold sinks, but I think the newest prices are just a little bit over the top ><
    Great qqers qqued that it's not enough to drain rich of their gold and now I won't be able to afford the spider I wanted since I started playing the game 8 years ago, back to lorewalker disc and headless horseman mount I guess... Why couldn't they make a flashy mount for the rich like I dunno, devilsaur riding a shark shooting lazors and fireworks and put it there for 2 million?

Now officially spider is worth a zulian tiger and a plague drake combined, as they both were goldcap in wod.

Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Well it seems in the latest build the prices have been increased.

2m for the mount and 1m for a pet? common if you gonna photoshop something at least make it believable and if those numbers are real then im sure its a mistake, doubt blizz would say "pay 3m for a pet and a mount" since not everyone is capped in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/news=252797/l...rebuilt-legion
    Under World Updates.

500k for a 34 slot bag. My fuckin' sides.
    If those numbers are real and final :P then the spider mount will be the rarest of them all

Deleted
    You can 100% expect those numbers to be real. Blizzards wants a goldsink and this time, they gonna do it right and while people having millions of millions, it has to be exactly like that.

You still say "wow, 2mill, thats much". No it is not. The best thing you can do now, is spending ALL your gold. Yes, ALL for wow-tokens and BMAH stuff.

Go into legion with less than 10k, and you will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by MrTophat View Post
    What world do you live in where 2 million of almost any currency isn't 'much'? It's not even like these are good gold sinks. Being good would imply it's something anyone would really sink that kinda dough into and despite your assertion that most servers are host to hoards of billionaires I'd say, realistically, the number of people who have millions of gold to shit away on pretty unspectacular items is pretty low. My server has like one or two big players and beyond that I can't see almost anyone spending 2 million gold just for 16 extra slots or 2 mil for a ground mount that does absolutely nothing special or unique.

I can't see the numbers staying as they are. Blizzard might be daft sometimes but they're not pants-on-head daft most days. I think they'd at least be smart enough to avoid implementing gold sinks that no one will sink gold into.
    You understand it's the people who have dozens of millions who are the biggest problem to the economy in wow, right? Everyone having 10-50k isn't an issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."