Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Warrior Campaign

Accidentally sent the next mission off without screenshotting. Three slot mission to teach you how to use expendable troops.

And now we wait four hours...

Current Followers. Non-obtained can be seen, but I'm not going to link them all, this is just an example.

Grey abilities unlock upon leveling the followers rarity.
    Edit:
    There are a total of 8 listed unique followers and they are all Vrykul/Titan Watcher, excepting one Dwarf. RIP player-race Warriors.

And the Combat Ally option.

How did you start the quest chain? The val'kyr isnt coming to me when I log in

I hate that a "campaign" is immediately gated behind a FOUR HOUR garrison 2.0 mission

fuuuuuunnnnn stuff

Quote Originally Posted by F1reheart View Post
    I hate that a "campaign" is immediately gated behind a FOUR HOUR garrison 2.0 mission

fuuuuuunnnnn stuff
    It's more an introduction to garrison 2.0 UI elements. I'm certain there'll be some world questing at some point, but I won't get to it until at least tomorrow.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jaybee9084 View Post
    How did you start the quest chain? The val'kyr isnt coming to me when I log in
    I hearthed to Dalaran, it showed up <shrug>.

So Odyn needs you because his army is locked up by a curse, the prot quest explains that it takes a considerable amount of Odyn's power to send out a single dead Vrykul, but when you take over the reins you can just send them out all over the world without any explanation.

Way to go Blizzard, huge gaping plot holes in the first couple of quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Calith- View Post
    So Odyn needs you because his army is locked up by a curse, the prot quest explains that it takes a considerable amount of Odyn's power to send out a single dead Vrykul, but when you take over the reins you can just send them out all over the world without any explanation.

It's almost like Blizzard didn't give a shit about warriors and came up with that idea on a toilet after night of drinking...

I would take Lothar or MU Grom as a ghost or a god damn warrior trainer from Stormwind over any of the titan watchers or some random vrykuls that nobody gives a shit about

Really wish they did more than just vrykul/titan lore with this. Still, it's good to see the watchers brought back, even if it feels odd commanding them.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

What are the rewards for this whole thing? I know about the artifact skin and a pre-heroics gear set that's tied to it but I hope it's not much more than that.

I would really, really like to ignore it as much as possible without getting that WoD feeling that I'm falling behind for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Treno View Post
    Really wish they did more than just vrykul/titan lore with this. Still, it's good to see the watchers brought back, even if it feels odd commanding them.
    Not only that, they're already crapping all over what lore they already have.

For instance, Thorim is now Odynn's son
    http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4375...call-of-battle

Interestingly, you FORCE Ymiron to fight for you by stealing away his soul, because nothing says warrior like forcing souls to do your bidding
    http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4360...s-broken-blade

Lets also not forget that we fight and kill Ymiron in a dungeon, where he is a DK.

So I guess thats it. Thats what warriors are in Legion. We the generically titled hero, with our no ones heard of them weapons, fighting alongside a bunch of no ones heard of them NPCs in our floating sky castle that canonicly, only ourselves and no other warrior can go to.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Kinda disappointed that we're mostly just gonna get a bunch of Vrykul and Titan-related champions. But I guess it's to be expected with our Order Hall...

On another hand, in a way it's a little cool that we're basically, sorta kinda, a Titan, sending our Titanic constructs off to do battle for us!

But overall it's mostly meh so far... Hope the story is at least decent, considering the awesomeness other classes get, like Shaman and Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    So I guess thats it. Thats what warriors are in Legion. We the generically titled hero, with our no ones heard of them weapons, fighting alongside a bunch of no ones heard of them NPCs in our floating sky castle that canonicly, only ourselves and no other warrior can go to.
    Looks like you nailed it.

How's that even supposed to work? Did Odyn get to help the Titans forge Thorim? Did Odyn somehow bone Therazane just to get the mythology right?

Interestingly, you FORCE Ymiron to fight for you by stealing away his soul, because nothing says warrior like forcing souls to do your bidding
    http://legion.wowhead.com/quest=4360...s-broken-blade

Lets also not forget that we fight and kill Ymiron in a dungeon, where he is a DK.
    The whole campaign could easily be fitted for a DK. You happen to find yourself sacrificed and raised before the god-figure of a death cult, who collects souls of the dead and grants you command over an undead army with purpose to track down and conquer more souls.

The bright, golden colors, the rowdy vrykuls and chanting the word "valor" is just polishing the macabre spot we're in.
    Last edited by Calith-; 2016-05-06 at 01:53 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Doomhammer, here I come!

How's that even supposed to work? Did Odyn get to help the Titans forge Thorim? Did Odyn somehow bone Therazane just to get the mythology right?

The whole campaign could easily be fitted for a DK. You happen to find yourself sacrificed and raised before the god-figure of a death cult, who collects souls of the dead and grants you command over an undead army with purpose to track down and conquer more souls.

The bright, golden colors, the rowdy vrykuls and chanting the word "valor" is just polishing the macabre spot we're in.
    Blizzard is already disregarding its own lore again is the answer. Very little about warriors in legion makes sense. Like how we lead the Valajar, yet there is a Valajar faction which we need to grind rep with.

On a brighter note, we know how we get the fury 6th skin now (the double axes):

Haft of the God-King
    (flavor text is quiet clear we use it to make two axes)
    Skull of Shar'thos
    Kill this raid boss for its skull for one of the axes
    Skull of Nithogg
    Kill this world boss for the other

That said. The god king doesnt use an axe. He quiet clearly uses a sword.

This is the most alarming point from my POV. The chronicle volume 1, which was released the other month doesn't even go into detail about this. In fact according to the Chronicle, Odynn is supposed to be in charge of all of the titan watchers (Freya, Mimiron, Throim, ect.), but never did it say he had any sons. Also if we're in charge of this whole Titan Watcher thing can we get some help from like the Earthen, Mecahgnomes, ect.?
    Curoar, Arms Warrior of 15 years.

Which is exactly why they should take the focus off Vrykul and supplement them with player race Warriors. Keep the watchers as heroes, but give us some connection to the player races.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Blizzards writing, it's best to simply ignore logic and say "oh, shiny Vrykul!".

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Which is exactly why they should take the focus off Vrykul and supplement them with player race Warriors. Keep the watchers as heroes, but give us some connection to the player races.

- - - Updated - - -

Like Blizzards writing, it's best to simply ignore logic and say "oh, shiny Vrykul!".
    I suppose we could just say all our "followers" are just living Vrykul and friends who we're letting up here.

The one thing, the one fucking thing, I actually liked about this new focus on "class fantasy" was a hope that warriors would finally get some lore, quests, etc. We had things like Fray Island, but all of that went away in Cata - and still we never had the in-game lore that warlocks, pallies, and others have had. Yet somehow, Blizz managed to shit the bed with the one freakin' positive thing they could've done with all of this: actually creating warrior quests/storyline. Nope, just Vrykul horseshit. I figured this would happen, considering our Class Hall, but still held out some hope that they were hearing how much we didn't like this focus on Vrykul. Oh well, at least DKs look pretty awesome in Legion. Guess I'll take the not-so-subtle hint from Blizz and kill off my warrior to resurrect him as a DK - it's what all the cool warriors are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Murlocbait View Post
    The one thing, the one fucking thing, I actually liked about this new focus on "class fantasy" was a hope that warriors would finally get some lore, quests, etc. We had things like Fray Island, but all of that went away in Cata - and still we never had the in-game lore that warlocks, pallies, and others have had. Yet somehow, Blizz managed to shit the bed with the one freakin' positive thing they could've done with all of this: actually creating warrior quests/storyline. Nope, just Vrykul horseshit. I figured this would happen, considering our Class Hall, but still held out some hope that they were hearing how much we didn't like this focus on Vrykul. Oh well, at least DKs look pretty awesome in Legion. Guess I'll take the not-so-subtle hint from Blizz and kill off my warrior to resurrect him as a DK - it's what all the cool warriors are doing.
    Hey now, we have one reverse rez! Ymiron dies in wotlk, revives in legion (as a DK), to get his ass kicked and is then revived again, this time as a warrior.

I suppose we could just say all our "followers" are just living Vrykul and friends who we're letting up here.
    Actually all of the followers currently implemented are either Watchers or dead. The two named Vrykul pictured above are the ones you meet in the scenario, who die shortly before you almost-do. The only outlier is the Iron Dwarf, who hasn't been explained yet.

Of course, it all flies out the window once you notice all the other players running around, who are supposed to be other members of the class, despite all looking eerily similar, holding the same artifact, with the same title, and the fact that there's no reason for any other living Warriors to be around.