Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Svad View Post
    Hehe, its funny since "we" the vikings were the ones raping and killing back in the day ;-)

Soldiers of Odin is just... lol.
    Yeah, raping and killing was just the vikings.

Soldiers of odin is a cringy name though. If they are just patroling like a neighbourhood watch, then theres not much to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    I'm not taking SOO's side here, but what have they done so far that warrants this description? If we already have sharia patrols that area allowed to go around and reprimand people and occasionally beat them up, why cant we have unemplyed white males doing the same? Because its more racist when its white men doing it?
    Those patrols do not exist at the level people imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Those patrols do not exist at the level people imagine.
    do they exist at the level of these WLM err SoO folks?
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Example as of today, in a Canadian Tory journal.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...tical-uniforms

-They were immediately arrested
    -They are prosecuted (not my fault if Germans courts are slow)
    -They were booed by Muslims
    -One of them is a f... native German

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Example as of today, in a Canadian Tory journal.

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/wo...tical-uniforms

-They were immediately arrested
    -They are prosecuted (not my fault if Germans courts are slow)
    -They were booed by Muslims
    -One of them is a f... native German
    Bloody good. We don't need self-proclaimed "police" of ANY stripe.

Quote Originally Posted by Yirrah View Post
    Bloody good. We don't need self-proclaimed "police" of ANY stripe.
    Yes. Vigilante justice is not justice at all (especially considering that the would be Batman have a marked tendancy to beat up people that look ''terrorist'' for them, hello Buddhists or Sikhs being punched by the intellectuals that join that those groups). But Shariah patrols are not controlling cities

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Basically, they are the new KKK...same as the old KKK, but under new management and the same old message.

But the name sounds cooler, so it has that going for them...and potentially much cooler costumes...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Well that entirely depends on what you mean by "dispensing justice". Until they start breaking the law themselves, if they're doing everyone else a favor I don't see much reason to complain about it. I'd rather they were doing what they do in the name of rainbows and lollipops but crime prevention however flavored is still preventing crime.
    vigilantism is illegal.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    Basically, they are the new KKK...same as the old KKK, but under new management and the same old message.

But the name sounds cooler, so it has that going for them...and potentially much cooler costumes...
    More like a white BLM, WLM.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

7+ Year Old Account

Yeah they really fucked up on the "cool" uniform part in Finland.

But their bar decorations are interesting:

Last edited by Pangean; 2016-05-06 at 07:18 PM.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    More like a white BLM, WLM.
    No, they are just straight white supremacists.

From their official Facebook page:

"We are not just Americans, we are the sons of Europe. The battle has just begun."

Followed by a picture of a Hitler figure with the phrase "Aryan Invictus".

If you think BLM has anything remotely like the same aims as white supremacist groups, you really need to learn to read more than just the RW "news" sites...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pangean View Post
    Yeah they really fucked up on the "cool" uniform part in Finland.
    Lost opportunity on their part...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram View Post
    Odin is very weak. Don't see how anyone could not defeat him - so why are they using Odin for their portrait? They are weak. So just ragnarok the fuck out of them.
    Soldiers of Fenrir will wind up opposed to Soldiers of Odin.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosebleeds View Post
    Dear god, Most of these cringy fucks don't even have 1% Scandinavian blood and yet they call themselves ''Soldiers of Odin'' and pretend to be vikings? As someone who's half Norwegian half Swede these guys make me ashamed of my history.
    So ya see, as a vanilla-flavored American with only papers telling me that generations ago (and I do mean pretty fucking far back) some Swedes came here to ye olde states, mingled with some German folk and thus began the family line (it's all Frenchmen on the other side, alas) - I am aware of a little bit of Scandinavian origin - and these guys even make me disgusted.

Americans, an alarming number of them, lately, have been like, transfixed on what they think they know about "Vikings" and I think 99% of it is coming from a television show, a fictional one of course.

So as a person who is actually from a Scandinavian country, and probably somewhere in there descends from someone who probably went on a journey or two and maybe believed in the gods people love so much, how do you guys add all this shit up?

Like, I'm not kidding. These mother fuckers are as 'Murican as it gets, with last names that are probably as far from Scandinavian/Nordic as it gets, but they're wearing VALHALLA gym shirts, going to Viking Festivals (in the mid-western US??) and just generally talking about how viking they are.

What the actual fuck? Do like, real people, who are actually descended from people you could've called vikings at some point, just shake their collective heads in shame at this? I am legitimately curious about it, because I think it's ridiculous.
    Signature dunked by a lame MMO Champ robot.

7+ Year Old Account
    No, they are just straight white supremacists.

From their official Facebook page:

"We are not just Americans, we are the sons of Europe. The battle has just begun."

Followed by a picture of a Hitler figure with the phrase "Aryan Invictus".

If you think BLM has anything remotely like the same aims as white supremacist groups, you really need to learn to read more than just the RW "news" sites...

- - - Updated - - -

Lost opportunity on their part...
    Absolutely which is weird because apparently they have their own fashion line of clothing.

http://www.sonsofodin.me/
    Last edited by Pangean; 2016-05-06 at 07:30 PM.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    The fun part here in Norway is their logo has a cross in it, but they call themselfs soldiers of odin xD

America has BLM "protestors" walking around, as long as no laws are broken there is no problem.
    A cross?

Now thats funny. i would have thought a Mjølner or the sign of Odin would be more appropriate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    This comment is so wrong it hurts.

1. As if these 'Norse' gods only belong to the vikings? Last I checked Netherlands, Germany, northern France etc aren't in Scandinavia. I think Germanic gods sounds better due to the cultural and linguistic connection. Scandinavian languages are part of the Germanic language family after all.
    2. As if vikings were the only guys to rape and kill? Last I checked pretty much every people/tribe/nation commited these crimes.
    The old gods do not belong to anyone, and I have never heard of them being worshipped in Dutchland, maybe some parts of Germany, but thats it.

I know that it wasnt only the norse men going on viking, who raped and pillaged, I was trying to be funny in my original post, but for some reason people took it rather seriously, next time I will use a /sarcasm marker, so no one gets confused.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post
    So ya see, as a vanilla-flavored American with only papers telling me that generations ago (and I do mean pretty fucking far back) some Swedes came here to ye olde states, mingled with some German folk and thus began the family line (it's all Frenchmen on the other side, alas) - I am aware of a little bit of Scandinavian origin - and these guys even make me disgusted.

Americans, an alarming number of them, lately, have been like, transfixed on what they think they know about "Vikings" and I think 99% of it is coming from a television show, a fictional one of course.

So as a person who is actually from a Scandinavian country, and probably somewhere in there descends from someone who probably went on a journey or two and maybe believed in the gods people love so much, how do you guys add all this shit up?

Like, I'm not kidding. These mother fuckers are as 'Murican as it gets, with last names that are probably as far from Scandinavian/Nordic as it gets, but they're wearing VALHALLA gym shirts, going to Viking Festivals (in the mid-western US??) and just generally talking about how viking they are.

What the actual fuck? Do like, real people, who are actually descended from people you could've called vikings at some point, just shake their collective heads in shame at this? I am legitimately curious about it, because I think it's ridiculous.
    The scandinavians i do just laugh at these guys, they're pretty pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Olrox View Post

I watched 10 min of the first episode of "vikings" and turned it off, its the worst drivel I have seen in quite some time, the only thing that series has to do with Vikings, is the title of the show.
    And what amused me the most, was the women in silly clothes, eyeliner, makeup and the whole shabang... and the men are even sillier.
    And the "thor" guy from the Avengerns, good looking and blond?? i mean wtf??? and his hammer doesnt even look like Mjølner.

Its like everytime the Americans in Hollywood gets a crazy idea they have to blow it all up into silly proportions, but I guess it sells.
    Its like watching a re-enactment of that old Viking movie with kirk douglas from way back in the middle of the 20th century.

I remember a chapter started in Denmark and then disbanded a month later because surprise surprise adopting the name of a known neo-nazi organization isn't really a super smart idea if you insist that you aren't a nazi..

Besides the name itself is super fucking lame.

Deleted
    Soldiers of odin, didn't they get their butts kicked??

Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Soldiers of odin, didn't they get their butts kicked??
    I wonder what is the only government in Europe that found those nutjobs. I really wonder who that could be.