Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilheim View Post
    US. Generally the folk on the Hispanic/Brazil realms are toxic, and really not good at the game at all.
    I find this kind of the perception to be toxic. The generic labelling of people based on anything but their actual behavior and skill.

I played on the Warsong before the mass migration of the non-US players and I found both side were equally good and bad. It was the individual who were toxic rather than their country of origin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    [Dungeons Starts]
    "Guy's name has 'Pony' in it lol kick him!"
    [Kick Successful]
    [Illindan Joins]
    "Lol stupid name kick him!"
    [Kick Successful]
    [Jimmypriest Joins]
    [Kick Successful]
    [Kick Successful] (on tank)
    "Wait who did that."
    Haha pretty much.

They put it in for a reason, so unless u list said reasons and y they r no longer valid. They should stay in.

This is based on their behavior/skill. I've not met a single one that didn't make me go "wow, what a trashcan". It's like if you were to leave your work at 5PM go down the main highway, and expect no traffic.

Deleted
    I think they should make heroic dungeons available for smaller groups, 2-3 persons, or just make em soloable. Most of the time 2 or 3 players carry the rest of them noobs/afk'ers. And also remove the roles. Just like with scenario's. Dunno why they removed them? They where pretty decent. We need more solo or smaller group options. Community sucks and you never make any friends nowadays so lets just focus on solo content.

Quote Originally Posted by manboiler View Post
    They could improve it in a way, that the restrictions are lifted with the AFK Players, but otherwise a big NO
    This would be a good idea

Limits on kick 100% need to stay. Too many people on this game will abuse it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jewsco View Post
    Isn't ganking low level players a waste of time? A person gets nothing out of it but annoying other players right? So say 3 buddies that enjoy annoying others get in a dungeon and just keep kicking people to amuse themselves. It would happen and you know it.
    It would happen sometimes, but that doesn't mean anything at all really. It happens sometimes now, but that doesn't mean we need stricter kicking rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you just going to circular argue here? Yes, now with the restrictions in place it isn't a big deal. But, the reason they were put in place was due to abuse or are you going to deny or over look that? When has this player base ever done a good job policing itself? Why is bind on use raid loot now personal and not a drop for the raid? Because the players abused that. No way should a group be allowed to kick players unlimited because you know damn well some would abuse that. But he individual player who gets kicked a lot shouldn't get kick protection either. After awhile if one is always being kicked it is time to look in the mirror and blame the real problem themselves. Just remove the individual player kick protection and everything is fine.
    Its not a circular argument. You yourself have stated it would be rare. So you're agreeing with me. You stated only 2 or 3 times in 10 years..... thats an insignificant amount. What makes you think this would magically be abused AFTER a change? What, just your feelings?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kanika View Post
    Erm..because I play world of warcraft? What "proof" would you like for me to provide exactly?
    If anecdotal evidence will suffice; I have been in countless groups over the years I've played where people start a vote kick for basically no reason. Just because it doesnt happen to me in this instance is neither here nor there. It happens.
    Theres always a reason. You don't always know one. It doesn't happen to me, you, or most of the people in the thread. So here you are arguing for protection that we seemingly don't need.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    It would happen sometimes, but that doesn't mean anything at all really. It happens sometimes now, but that doesn't mean we need stricter kicking rules.

- - - Updated - - -

Its not a circular argument. You yourself have stated it would be rare. So you're agreeing with me. You stated only 2 or 3 times in 10 years..... thats an insignificant amount. What makes you think this would magically be abused AFTER a change? What, just your feelings?

- - - Updated - - -

Theres always a reason. You don't always know one. It doesn't happen to me, you, or most of the people in the thread. So here you are arguing for protection that we seemingly don't need.
    You are indeed arguing circular. Because it doesn't happen much now doesn't mean it won't happen more if the restrictions are lifted.
    With the restrictions some still randomly kick without them they can do so more freely. Trust me some would just to annoy people , like those that like to gank lowbies for example, or ones that hate the lfg tool and want to clog it up by kicking people over and over.
    Their are multiple threads with people hating on the lfg tool and they think it ruined the game, Nevermind wod's disaster is due to no content, you don't think these people would use the freedom to kick people whenever to clog up and mess with the lfg tool?
    You know better how some act in this game unfortunately.
    Gamers are younger and immature, like to annoy people or think they are making a statement by screwing with things like the lfg tool.
    No way should a group be able to kick with no restrictions but kick protection should go.
    Because if one is kicked a lot after awhile the blame lies on the person always being kicked.

I would say no.

Those that are kick happy get kick restrictions. It's exactly the way it should be.

Also the reason we get long cooldowns on toys. People use them to try to grief others with graphical lag, etc...

The kick restrictions are good.

Want to be in control of the group? Form it yourself.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The better solution would be to remove kicking from random groups altogether. Also when you leave a random group you should be logged off with a 15 minutes ban from the game. Which will increase in time the more you do that during a 24h period. That will help improve LFD experience tremendously as everyone will be required to stick around and at least try to make it work.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

10+ Year Old Account
    [Dungeons Starts]
    [Kick Successful]
    [Illindan Joins]
    [Kick Successful]
    [Jimmypriest Joins]
    [Kick Successful]
    "Wait who did that."
    I remember at some point, people wanted to kick me from a group but couldn't because we were in the first 15 minutes. I was the tank at that point, so I spammed the kick button until it worked, at which point I wrote "Tank sucks". Of course, they all voted yes. Turns out, they were 3 in the same group, only me and a DPS remained.

I laughed so hard.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Redtower View Post
    With the removal of proving grounds... Well with a fresh expac I kind of think dungeon finder will turn either into cruising for a bruising mode or soloable easy...

If we can't get some bare min of a standard I think blizzard should remove all restrictions on vote to kick. Let us police ourselves.
    Why do you care? If you're doing Mythic Dungeons it won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    That will help improve LFD experience tremendously as everyone will be required to stick around and at least try to make it work.
    Yeah instead of just carrying the afk retard because it's a waste of time to have him kicked you are now forced to do the carry. Sounds like a great improvement

i remember getting kicked once because of the name of my REALM. so no thanks.
    "Just because you read it on the internet, doesn't mean the person actually said it." - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    If you want control over the group: Create a group and don't queue.
    But people want to be lazy and let the game do the heavy lifting of finding a group. Then bitch that when you group with 4 or 24 random people there are idiots in there. Of course there are those of the jack asses that people wont group with when given a choice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hellosaltygoodness View Post
    i remember getting kicked once because of the name of my REALM. so no thanks.
    I have seen that before. Sadly a few servers seem to be filled with toxic shitbags at a much higher frequency then others. So if a mistake happens people believe it to be a troll rather then a person that just messed up.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

15+ Year Old Account
    Dungeon begins XYZ name enters..
    Stupid name.. Who cares..

XYZ afk at entrance.. no way to kick him and actually get a player who is not AFK..WIN.

Ya that sounds absolutely great.......
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

VTK should have no restriction for players that queue solo. If you queue with even one other person, keep restrictions for you and your queued peoples.

[Dungeons Starts]
    [Kick Successful]
    [Illindan Joins]
    [Kick Successful]
    [Jimmypriest Joins]
    [Kick Successful]
    "Wait who did that."
    This will never happen even if there was no restriction (for solo queues). If they remove restrictions for groups that queue together, then this would definitely happen.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    If you want control over the group: Create a group and don't queue.
    Exactly ! People got so much hate towards other players, and I could see many get kicked for weird reasons. It would be like a kindergarten.
    Find some friends online, search for some pug people if you don't have enough friends online - and go ! Full control of who is with you

You are indeed arguing circular. Because it doesn't happen much now doesn't mean it won't happen more if the restrictions are lifted.
    With the restrictions some still randomly kick without them they can do so more freely. Trust me some would just to annoy people , like those that like to gank lowbies for example, or ones that hate the lfg tool and want to clog it up by kicking people over and over.
    Their are multiple threads with people hating on the lfg tool and they think it ruined the game, Nevermind wod's disaster is due to no content, you don't think these people would use the freedom to kick people whenever to clog up and mess with the lfg tool?
    You know better how some act in this game unfortunately.
    Gamers are younger and immature, like to annoy people or think they are making a statement by screwing with things like the lfg tool.
    No way should a group be able to kick with no restrictions but kick protection should go.
    Because if one is kicked a lot after awhile the blame lies on the person always being kicked.
    Ganking lowbies is not a good parallel to this situation.

And no, I think you're overblowing this issue. I don't even remember the last time I was kicked, nor do I remember the last time someone was kicked for anything other than being DCed.