Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Khadgar Video, Dev Update Tuesday, Horde Broken Shore, Blue Posts, Mobile App Icons

S6 Follower Setups Guide, Patch 2.4.1 Community Bug List

DreamHack Austin Hearthstone Tournament this Weekend, The Angry Chicken #149 - The Age of Druid and Shaman

Ranked Changes Tease, New Hero Skill Revealed, Tracer Balance Patch Live

What Is Overwatch? A Quick Overview of What You're Getting Into, Jeff Kaplan on Kill Feed, Sensitivity Scaling, Shields & Armor

Warcraft Movie - Khadgar Character Video
    Khadgar's character video has been released, with some new scenes and magic!

Legion Developer Update, Live May 10!
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Development of the World of Warcraft: Legion expansion is well underway, and we’d like to take some time to update everyone on how things are progressing.

Assistant Game Director Ion “Watcher” Hazzikostas will be joined by online gaming personality Jesse Cox to discuss a number of topics, including Class Halls, max-level content, the Demon Hunter, and a status update on what our next priorities are for Legion development.

We’ll be going live at 9:00 AM Pacific/12:00 PM Eastern time on the official World of Warcraft Twitch channel at twitch.tv/Warcraft. We’ll see you then!

Legion - The Broken Shore (Horde)
    The Horde version of the Broken Shore intro is in. It is very similar to the Alliance one, just with different characters. Cinematics and voice acting are still missing, but there is an interesting Horde specific part starting at 14:15. There are spoilers in this video.

Legion - Empowered Ring of the Kirin Tor Updates
    The latest build converted Intellect to Stamina on this ring and increased the price from 50,000 to 200,000.

Sminx Glasseye sells the Empowered Ring of the Kirin Tor for 200,000. The vendor currently belongs to the old Kirin Tor faction, so it is possible there will be reputation discounts.

Legendary Item Feedback
    There's a new Flaskataur in town, adorned with elemental crystals and a rather dapper hat.

You can find the Legendary Flaskataur in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Dalaran, near the instance teleport NPC, Donjon Rade. He sells all available legendaries, but of course you can only equip one at a time.

Please use this thread to discuss them, and give feedback on how they feel, how much you can break the game with them, and so forth. Enjoy!

For the purposes of this thread, let's assume everyone in raids has one, but only one, and can't control which one it is. And assume they work in all non-PvP content, at all times, including world-first Mythic progression. Which ones are most worrisome? Which are coolest?

I also fully understand that a decent chunk of the posters here might prefer Mythic raiding if it gear didn't matter at all and success were only a product of skill and time investment, and thus will hate this. But please, humor me, and let's keep the thread focused on items themselves. Which ones seem like they have the most potential to break balance? Which seem underwhelming, such that you'd be disappointed at getting them instead of one of the others?

Mythic/Mythic+ Dungeons Feedback
    Ok, so in today's build, all dungeons except Assault on Violet Hold are open on Mythic difficulty. When you create a keystone, either using the purchased item or by beating a higher-level Mythic dungeon within the timer, it should randomly point to any of them.

There's a bug with the placement of the Challenge Pedestal in Court of Stars (it's, uh, not subtle) which we'll try to fix shortly.

Tuning may be a bit scattershot on this - I'm definitely interested in hearing which dungeons seem easiest, which seem hardest, which have the most or least strict timers, etc.

Pretty comfortably beat the timer (6-8 minutes remaining I forget, logs are weird) on a GR6 Raging/Necrotic Neltharion's Lair. Challenge at i845 is probably too high for the i840 loot at the end but the instance at GR6 felt pretty well tuned for that ilevel (would be a different story with Tyrannical of course).
    The loot levels you're seeing aren't final - you're currently seeing the same base ilvl regardless of completion level. I'd expect more like 855+ from the chest at the end of a level 6.

In general, I'd say you're doing these quite undergeared if you're pushing levels 6 and 7. The dirty secret of these tests is that we're using great players as guinea pigs to get a sense of how far beyond a given numerical threshold skill can take you. Some affixes (e.g. Volcanic) are more skill checks that you can play around. Others (Tyrannical most notably) have less finesse and don't let you compensate for lacking gear with skill in the same way.

In terms of tuning, for the gear level (845) to which we're scaling you, I'd say "par" would probably be around a level 2, in terms of a point where it feels about like what a base Mythic dungeon would feel when you're doing it in Heroic dungeon gear.

new affixes are bolster & overflowing currently, as a random aside the trash contribution requirements to most of the dungeons we have completed thus far seem really low which is going to result in a lot of skipping even w/o using invis pots or a full stealth group to get by trash
    Would love to hear more examples. Squishei's linked videos above seemed pretty close to the mark, with the bar filling up during the bit of trash before the final boss in each dungeon. Eye of Azshara is a really tricky one because of how wide-open the layout is, and how much you can avoid without having to use stealth/invis shenanigans. In general, the Enemy Forces step is tuned around killing the vast majority of the unavoidable enemies on your way to the boss. If you can slip past patrols naturally, then you're rewarded for that (but of course if you wipe you have to deal with doing so a second time). Stealth and invis may let you selectively skip a couple of packs to earn your contribution requirement on easier ones, but that feels like an acceptable level of benefit from utility as opposed to a gamebreaking one.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Tanking and Positioning
    I would honestly agree with the devs if one of them came out and gave the canned response that mobs surrounding you is "working as intended". Though I have experienced rare and inconsistent quirks such as a mob that moves with you when you're trying to reposition around it or ones that continue standing on top of you even when you're trying to take a step back for space or facing requirements.
    It definitely isn't working as desired and is something we're actively looking into. It is, in fact, quite annoying for monsters to stay all up in your business at all times. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Paladin (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Holy Paladin Feedback -- Build 21570 -- 27-Apr
    The next build after today's, I believe, will have the BoSac artifact trait fixed. Then we can get a better sense of how deadly the ability is without the damage being incorrectly increased, and go from there.

The same build will likely have a redesign of Beacon of the Savior. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Warlock (Forums / Skills / Talent Calculator / Artifact Calculator / PvP Talent Calculator)
    Affliction Warlock Feedback -- Build 21655 -- 5-May
    In next build:
    1) The initial mana cost of Drain Life and Drain Soul is removed, which should be a noticeable cost reduction overall.

2) Agony shard generation somewhat reworked: it will be higher on 1 target, and lower on 3 or more targets. In addition, it will be more consistent in all cases, in terms of time between shards. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Role Forums Shutdown
    We gave forewarning that we'd be retiring these forums just a little over a week ago (about 10 days). They don't serve the same purpose they once did and there is more activity on the specific class forums. Given that we're in a transition between expansions, this allows us the opportunity to reorganize a bit and refocus discussions.

Back when the role forums were introduced, we were told it's because Blizzard basically ignores the class forums entirely and considers them echo chambers. The role forums were meant to be the area to provide more balanced feedback for consideration, since it brought together a wide variety of perspectives and not just people clamoring for buffs for their own class. Has this policy shifted then?

I'm not sure anyone said "ignore" specifically (though I could be wrong) more like "it's easier to get x feedback" since there was a different type of synergy between classes at the time. It was a different time and things change. Feedback continues to come via many routes and we'll still be keeping an eye on it all.

Legion Alpha Known Issues
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Known Issue - NVIDIA + DirectX 11
    Some NVIDIA card users may experience graphic driver issues with this build if they are running DirectX 11. If you start seeing your client freeze and popup warnings about your NVIDIA drivers please switch your WoW Client to run using Direct X 9. This will take a client restart to take effect. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Known Issue - Auras not updating
    Today's build contains several issues with auras:

• Buffs and Debuffs will sometimes not display on your target frame (and focus target frame.
    • Buff icons do not always fade away when the aura has expired from the target.
    • Switching targets will display buffs from the previous target and not update for the new target.

Apologies for any inconvenience this causes, we know auras are pretty important for combat but we weren't able to commit a fix for these issues in time for this build. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Legion - Mobile App Icons
    The latest Legion build added an interesting texture in the Garrison folder of Interface textures named MobileAppIcons. Several of these icons are also present in another texture called ClassHallMissionListIcons.

Heroes of the Storm Upcoming Content - Chromie, Medivh & More
    Chromie and Medivh are on their way to the Nexus! You can see more details on HeroesNexus.

Last edited by chaud; 2016-05-07 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If we can do order hall/garrison mission crap from the mobile app - that would be Awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by m2geek View Post
    If we can do order hall/garrison mission crap from the mobile app - that would be Awesome.
    There would be no reason to log on anymore then!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextar View Post
    There would be no reason to log on anymore then!
    I'd still be logging in :P /wowaddict - but being able to do garrison/OH stuff while not at the computer would be awesome

10+ Year Old Account
    wait vol'jin dies ?

Deleted
    Casuals will cry

Spider Mount = 2.000.000g
    random Toy = 200.000g - 1.000.000g
    and now the Ring for 200.000g + possible upgrades each tier.

Quote Originally Posted by House View Post
    wait vol'jin dies ?
    We really don't know, there are gaps yet to be filled by cinematics and quest text that is missing.

>>>>POSSIBLE SPOILERS!<<<<

From the game-play you would assume so, but there are several data-mined leaks that hint at it all being a ploy by him in order to go out on a personal mission. It is all very speculative atm, at least until the cinematics and quests are fully in. It's too much a coincidence that the body in the pyre is wearing a mask and all mummified and whatnot.

"Its my job to make you look good" DAMN SON, nobody mess with Nathanos lol

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    Casuals will cry

Spider Mount = 2.000.000g
    random Toy = 200.000g - 1.000.000g
    and now the Ring for 200.000g + possible upgrades each tier.
    What do you consider casual? I play maybe 4-6 hours a week, but due to garissons and the AH I can easily afford all this.

10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation

Here's the rest of the dialogue in Grommash Hold that chaud missed (because bugs). Since, unlike its WoWDB counterpart, the spoiler tag doesn't allow for nice formatting within, you'll need to click each line. (Because better that than coming off as a wall of text, especially for mobile users.)

Lor'themar Theron says: Warchief! The <class> you called for has arrived. We only await Sylvanas now.

Vol'jin says: Ah, <name>, it's... good ya came. Time be... runnin' short.

Baine Bloodhoof says: Let me call in my healers, Warchief. Your wound must be tended!

Vol'jin says: Too late for dat, Bloodhoof. Me got one... final duty. Ta see dat da Horde... stays strong.

Lor'themar Theron says: The Alliance lost its king on the Broken Shore. Its people cry out for vengeance.

Ji Firepaw says: We need them focused on defeating the Legion, not fostering old hatreds.

Archmage Aethas Sunreaver says: My contact in the Kirin Tor tells me certain members of the Council of Six are open to inviting the Horde back into Dalaran.

Vol'jin says: Dat's good. Azeroth... gonna fall... 'less we seal up dat tomb.

Trade Prince Gallywix says: Blasted demons! Such wanton destruction... there's no profit in it!

Baine Bloodhoof says: We WILL find a way to drive back the Legion, Warchief. This we swear!

Lor'themar Theron says: The Banshee Queen is here, Vol'jin. What is it you wanted to tell us?
    After that point, it's clear that there's supposed to be a cutscene. However... it instead played the classic WoW cinematic. So we'll have to wait until Blizzard has added all that's missing.

Edit: Huh. Clicking anywhere revealed all the text for me. TIL.
    Last edited by Alayea; 2016-05-07 at 11:22 PM.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Does MobileAppIcons mean we might be able to do garrison stuff on our phones in Legion?

Deleted
    Blizz punishing players for not playing the AH or selling mythic/CM/whatever carries. :/

I have to laugh every time I see the movie's Khadgar ... so bad

Personally, I'm just impressed Blizzard remembered that Ji exists for the Horde leader pow-wow.

That Khadgar looks waaay too young/baby-faced. But the dude playing Ogrim was really confident with everyone's role, so here's hoping the aesthetics is overshadowed by his performance.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    Blizz punishing players for not playing the AH or selling mythic/CM/whatever carries. :/
    Oh no one mount, toy and fucking ring that will probably only be used for tping at the end of the expansion cost a lot of gold. Fuck me 3 little exclusive things and people crying like self entitled babies. It is one mount out of many pretty ones get over it, toys well there is loads of em I doubt 1 costing a lot is going to ruin your game experience and finally the rings were considered a shit ton to buy in wrath still nowadays 200k is pocket change. I mean god forbid them making THREE items that requires making ingame currency to get right?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2016-05-08 at 01:20 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    how is it punishing when they give you all the tools to make tons of gold.

This is more Blizzard rewarding players who aren't lazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terminal Lance View Post
    That Khadgar looks waaay too young/baby-faced. But the dude playing Ogrim was really confident with everyone's role, so here's hoping the aesthetics is overshadowed by his performance.
    Khadgar was only a teenager when these events happened. He's only Old looking ingame because it is 30+ years later AND he has an aging curse.

"At the young age of 17, Khadgar was sent by the Kirin Tor to apprentice under the wizard Medivh in his tower at Karazhan."
    "Khadgar fought and managed to best his master and Sargeras by plunging a sword into Medivh's heart, but not before having his life and magical energy sucked out of him. By the end of the events of The Last Guardian, Khadgar had gone from a young adult to a frail old man with a great white beard."

I foresee quite a few people that don't actually read the lore seeing Khadgar as he actually was and going "LOL OMFG HE'S AN OLD MAN IN WOW SHIT MOVIE CASTING!"
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2016-05-08 at 02:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    I foresee quite a few people that don't actually read the lore seeing Khadgar as he actually was and going "LOL OMFG HE'S AN OLD MAN IN WOW SHIT MOVIE CASTING!"
    It's not that he is young... it's that he looks like a goof :/
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    hKhadgar was only a teenager when these events happened. He's only Old looking ingame because it is 30+ years later AND he has an aging curse.

"At the young age of 17, Khadgar was sent by the Kirin Tor to apprentice under the wizard Medivh in his tower at Karazhan."
    "Khadgar fought and managed to best his master and Sargeras by plunging a sword into Medivh's heart, but not before having his life and magical energy sucked out of him. By the end of the events of The Last Guardian, Khadgar had gone from a young adult to a frail old man with a great white beard."

Well let's be honest about something. Khadgar is often thought to be an old man because that's what he looked like in Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal. His WoW model in Burning Crusade goes with that. His age was retconned later thanks to all the time adjustments made during the First War, and subsequently his magical aging was added in as an explanation.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arcaneshot View Post
    Well let's be honest about something. Khadgar is often thought to be an old man because that's what he looked like in Warcraft 2: Beyond the Dark Portal. His WoW model in Burning Crusade goes with that. His age was retconned later thanks to all the time adjustments made during the First War, and subsequently his magical aging was added in as an explanation.
    Your point? The fact for more than half a decade his lore has been he has an aging curse means if people want to complain about it they have plenty of things that tell them why it is how it is.

Even in Beyond the dark portal he wasn't shown as an "old man" he looks middle aged with a Ginger beard and Hair. Most main characters since WC2 have had overhauls and retcons to their characters. People being shitty about his but no one else's is just inane.