Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    In any case depending on your comp, you can just alt tab and browse while potg is going anyways.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Everyone gets destroyed by ults, even the best pro mlg players walking on this earth.
    If you get destroyed by ults, then it's because you aren't doing your job to avoid it. The game isn't all about 'Q' and hope for the best.. Though, a Mercy 'Q' at the right time will screw over the other team, hehe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    In any case depending on your comp, you can just alt tab and browse while potg is going anyways.
    You can just turn off POTG announcement and just be a spectator till your respawn, though.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Play of the game is a nice feature but it indeed should focus less on killing sprees of ults...
    I wish it would be a smarter system and could evaluate how complicated what's been done is and show the highlight accordingly... Sometimes some Genji jumping like crazy and headshotting 3 people with his shuriken is way more epic than some ult killing 4-5 people because they grouped up and were blown or whatever...

The greatest problem with PotG is that it doesn't get interrupted when you are ressed by Mercy. I hope Blizzard changes this.

Edit: Oops, I was thinking of the replay feature, not PotG.

10+ Year Old Account
    damn thats funny lol

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    There are some really bad PotG, usually involving at best a double kill where the hero itself also gets killed. Ive seen mercy get PotG with 1 kill, a ress and some random damage and healing, not sure how its being calculated. In general i like the feature though, but it wouldnt hurt to put a certain lower limit on it, and if no one reaches it, nothing will get featured. Most ultimates take a while getting used to, but once you pay attention to their warning sounds its very doable to avoid major damage. Snipers can generally kill Pharah before she gets a full channel on her ult, McCree lights up and becomes an easy target as well as giving enemies time to move. Widowmaker ult isnt very impressive assuming you pay attention to footsteps. Roadhog can interupt Reaper, Junkrats tyre can be destroyed, etc etc.
    I also wouldnt mind seeing a slightly higher value placed on non-ulti kills, getting a 3 kill solo chain is more impressive than an ulti that kills 4.

tears of laughter serious XD

I had a PotG as Reinhardt where I took a Genji, a Hanzo and myself off an edge with a rocket charge that I veered down a narrow alley. Can't let people disable PotG, I want them to see my cheap bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

it just feel like a waste of time, really *eye roll*

its just "look at these dudes grouping up to eat an ult" or "look at this mercy pressing Q", or often just "this dude got a double kill by kqjwepiqwjpe"

like oh noes. bleh.

i take it all back this is a very important feature
    Last edited by Sorissa; 2016-05-08 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexton View Post
    Would love to see more supports in PotG. Keeping people standing against massive onslaught or a nice Mercy ulti that wins the game.
    I've actually gotten two plays of the game with Mercy like that, first one was a nice four people rez on defense that allowed them to push back the payload from the final checkpoint during overtime in King's Row, second was defending on Hanamura point B, bringing up two or three people on the point just in time to push back the attackers final (and failed) push into the shrine before timer went out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you look away and cover your ears. Or you can hit escape and exit the match.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

10+ Year Old Account
    I like play of the game. Yeah, it's often an alt (but not always! and ones that aren't are often good) but who cares? Someone pulling off a well-timed ult and the opposing team failing to dodge or counter it is still good play.

This is still my alltime favourite Play of the Game: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAEgJaH8Wnw (a friend of mine, not me).

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Like Pharah... "Justice rains from ab-urrghghh"

I don't think I see many Pharah's surivie their ult
    I've been playing Pharah a lot lately, and yeah. That's me. My hope is that I live long enough to get most of it off.

I mean, it's a strong ult so it would make sense that it would have an easy counter like "aim up."

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    The best is torbjorn plays where he dies and you just see his dead body as his turret goes on to kill 8 of the 6 people.
    AMUSES ME EVERY TIME.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Baikalsan View Post
    Everyone gets destroyed by ults, even the best pro mlg players walking on this earth.
    Lucio & Zenyatta ults save the whole team around
    Genji reflect works on Hanzo dragon and Roadhog
    McCree didn't go through my Reinhardt shield more than once
    Tracer can be pushed back into her own grenade
    Junkrat tire is shot nearly all the time
    Hanzo can't kill tanks with shields
    Reaper and Pharrah have a hard time to finish theirs before being headshot
    Reinhardt is only really effective against unorganized teams
    Soldier is often left raging at his limited LoS
    D.Va takes so long to explode that you have the time to shoot her
    Mercy resurrection gives opponents at least 2 seconds to just sit and wait for shooting each member in the back
    Bastion is a forever alone meme while everyone is hiding in upper stairs
    I could even go through Reaper's ult while triggering Roadhog regen at the right time

That's where I can recognize Blizzard's touch, they made everyone both OP and counterable at the same time.
    Last edited by Kourvith; 2016-05-11 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Like Pharah... "Justice rains from ab-urrghghh"

I don't think I see many Pharah's surivie their ult
    She really needs a buff to her ulti. At least make it do more damage.

Half the time I try NOT to use her instant suicide button
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Seems pointless to bother disabling it, hell if you don't want to watch it (and yea I've seen plenty lame PoG's) just do what I do, go take a bathroom break or grab a snack for next match. lol

What's the alternative for those of you who disable PoG???? Stare at a black screen, or your match stats for 10 extra seconds????

For myself, it actually makes me try harder for other matches, because I get discouraged when i felt like I had a great match, but I don't get to be in the spotlight that is, PLAY OF THE GAME. :P

overall, it really shouldn't be that huge of a deal....Winning The Match is what matters most!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    She really needs a buff to her ulti. At least make it do more damage.

Half the time I try NOT to use her instant suicide button
    and that is what Beta Testing is for.....Hit boxes will probably be addressed, maybe some rate of fires, weapon/ultimate damage stats, healing stats. I wouldn't be shocked if there's a pre-release patch, or post-release patch within a matter of weeks. You see that in almost every game that comes out......They realize people are whoring certain heroes and/or abilities, and they nerf it to discourage the lazy people who want the easy kills.

Let's just relax, take a deep breath and see how this game evolves over the summer

Deleted
    You really should be able to skip the PotG, as well as the voting screen. Also, being able to shut down the chat channels should be imperative. We all know what it's going to boil down to, and I seriously have no interest in what 99.999999% of the people in my game say. There's still the emotes and calls that can be used, and if we're talking about competitive and serious gameplay, with buddies, then of course the chat goes back on, and people use VoIP. With randoms though, the chat is completely useless and in fact just contributes to a negative experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    You really should be able to skip the PotG, as well as the voting screen. Also, being able to shut down the chat channels should be imperative. We all know what it's going to boil down to, and I seriously have no interest in what 99.999999% of the people in my game say. There's still the emotes and calls that can be used, and if we're talking about competitive and serious gameplay, with buddies, then of course the chat goes back on, and people use VoIP. With randoms though, the chat is completely useless and in fact just contributes to a negative experience.
    yea I'd be cool with Chat options like BF4 has....you can have it only appear when messages are being sent/received, completely hidden, or fully visible....and yea I know once I start playing with a core group of players, we're just going to use TeamSpeak just like any other game we play on PC. Never rely on in-game VoIp because it usually sucks, and maybe a friend or two want to spectate or just bs while they wait to join your next match.

How would you see stuff like this then?

https://gfycat.com/FarawayLinedDouglasfirbarkbeetle

(not mine)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    It does a metric fuckton of damage, actually. You just have to live through the channeling of it!
    If the enemy team is all grouped up and you get through the entire cast, sure.

Either make it do more damage per "tick" or shorten the channel time IMO.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    How would you see stuff like this then?

https://gfycat.com/FarawayLinedDouglasfirbarkbeetle

(not mine)
    I once had a Reinhardt charge my exploding mech into 2 of his teammates. Not quite as glorious as that though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Eh, I dunno, I think it's fine as is.

If you go buffing it, you risk it just becoming an instant cast ranged Junkrat tire, blowing up the enemy team instantly.
    The way I see it, currently it's high risk low reward. Unless you're against a team of complete noobs who group up tight and don't shoot you down, you've got a huge chance of dying during it and a pretty low chance of getting more than maybe 1-2 kills. Unless you get the whole thing off the damage is pretty mediocre - often heroes will just stand in it and shoot you down.

I would prefer it simply did more damage, that way you still have the high risk and are vulnerable while casting it, but at least you'd have the high reward that if it went off for more than a second or two you'd do serious damage. Could also increase its spread.