Poll: Casualization biggest problem for wow?

Page 23 of 58 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by brunnor View Post
    WoD is the most accessible expansion to date and see how that is going.
    This is a load of nonsense. The sustainable end game content was not casual at all. Most of the supposed casual content had a reward structure that rendered it irrelevant.

WoD was a raid-or-die expansion, where the "casual" raiding mode (LFR) was so devalued it lost much of its ability to retain players.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    How exactly do you expect me gaining reputation on my medium populated server if I play at odd hours, so I cannot even be there when the majority plays?
    Demand Blizzard fixes low and medium pop realms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Yes, let's screw up low server populations even more. Or maybe you'll pay me the $200 I need to transfer all my characters?
    So the entire game should suffer because Blizzard are incompetent. Yep, sounds about right.

Quote Originally Posted by Kcin14 View Post
    Nice fact filled argument there, that was truly compelling. I especially liked the part where you proved that what Preach said in that video was wrong even though he managed to BS his way to the endgame without any trouble. /sarcasm
    Preach is a well-known anti-casual dirtbag. His opinions can be readily discounted.

That's all we need to know.

People cant understand that the problem of wo is Warlord of Draenor, if i call, is 14 MONTH WITHOUT CONTENT. 14 month.

Since BC blizz sad that want to release expantion in fewer peroids of time but they never did, blizzard dont understant that nowadays is different from 6 years ago.

People now play 20 games, why do you think everyone is asking for vanilla servers? normally are people that never played vanilla, but the real think is they want new content.

Blizzard gave up completly from wod, they dont give a dam to the xpack anymore and are using all effort in legion, the problem is players wont pay to play 10min in the fking garrison and log off.

Do you think that blizz take another 10 years to produce diablo4 for example will be a good think?

Lack of content is the problem, not casualisation. You know the bit where they're afraid to release content unless it meets their current standards, but they can't develop the content fast enough at that standard and so it takes them fucking years to do anything, when in the past they would have had a better balance of quality vs quantity and with a fraction of the development team they could put out 2-3x as much content in the same time frame.

Legion is not gonna be much better, it's not like they have changed their philosophy.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    People cant understand that the problem of wo is Warlord of Draenor, if i call, is 14 MONTH WITHOUT CONTENT. 14 month.
    What about all the players they lost before the second tier even came out?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Lack of content is the problem, not casualisation. You know the bit where they're afraid to release content unless it meets their current standards, but they can't develop the content fast enough at that standard and so it takes them fucking years to do anything, when in the past they would have had a better balance of quality vs quantity and with a fraction of the development team they could put out 2-3x as much content in the same time frame.

Legion is not gonna be much better, it's not like they have changed their philosophy.
    Agree, in my opinion one of the problems of wow, with what i mention before is included, are the development team. They suck. Sorry but for me is it.

Class balance never was good in wow but now is annoing, some classes are garbage and others are simply godlike.

Legion will be better than WoD for sure but will not be a great expansion, to be honest being a good expansion i will be satisfied

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    negative casualisation:
    - outdoor world is trivial and everyone wants to plow through it asap to be done with it BECAUSE it is trivial
    - dungeons are trivial and everyone wants to plow through it asap to be done with it BECAUSE it is trivial
    - garrions and how they were implemented suited the casual player but removed any need for the player who had more time to spend to spend that time in WoW.
    I'll say both true and false.

True because of the above.

False because the biggest problem I would say is that there's nothing to do after about 2-3 months for most players when they've cleared raids (most HC guilds don't go for Mythic because they lack people / don't feel motivation to do same thing again but "slightly harder") unless they PvP, at which point it just become a stale meta anyways with 0 updates to the game for a year every expansion since Cata.

Accessibility was what made this game universally popular in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Accessibility was what made this game universally popular in the first place.
    They went past the line of too accessible 4 expansions ago(wotlk).

Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    They went past the line of too accessible 4 expansions ago(wotlk).
    Nope. If anything, Wrath wasn't accessible enough. And of course trying to make it harder again with the beginning of Cataclysm (before 4.3) was a failure, and they said as much.

Quote Originally Posted by kreebs View Post
    Is casualization single handedly the biggest reason for people leaving world of warcraft in unprecedented numbers?

True or false.
    Casualization during mid-WotLK was when WoW went into decline. You decide? Cataclysm was just that -- a huge disaster.

I'd say casualization is a huge problem. Churn was very high during WotLK / Cataclysm. Many of the people who enjoyed WoW in it's prime no longer play.

Blizzard came out clean though:

There are more people that played World of Warcraft but no longer play World of Warcraft than currently play World of Warcraft
    circa: ~2010

SRC:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2433-Patch-4.3-Interviews-Blue-Posts-Diablo-III-Beta-Art-Gallery-Update

(In section: After Cataclysm). Patch notes. It was from a Blue's statement originally, which Blizzard since took down, as it paints a bad color for the game (no doubt).
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-09 at 01:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Nope. If anything, Wrath wasn't accessible enough. And of course trying to make it harder again with the beginning of Cataclysm (before 4.3) was a failure, and they said as much.
    It was a failure because of the LFG feature, aka, a casual feature. Can't have LFG + halfway challenging content.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    It was a failure because of the LFG feature, aka, a casual feature. Can't have LFG + halfway challenging content.
    LFD was added because usage of heroic 5 mans in Wrath sucked before it was added. LFD is not something that was or is optional, as other MMOs released since then discovered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but people don't understand what aspect of casual changes you are talking about.

FLEXIBLE is GOOD

LFG overall is good (Except for dungeon difficulty nerfs)

The casual part that is bad, and even bad for casuals. Is catchup gear, there is so much catchup free gear that it removes all progression for EVEN casuals. You can get HFC Normal gear full set within 6 hours of hitting 100 through random pvp.

I mean seriously, by allowing those extreme things they just make 90% of WoD obsolete and here comes the content drought. Who exactly is it benefiting? As a casual myself it's lame garbage that they practically give me cheat codes.
    Last edited by Daffan; 2016-05-09 at 01:56 AM.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by TCGamer View Post
    Preach is a well-known anti-casual dirtbag. His opinions can be readily discounted.

That's all we need to know.
    Too bad that that's a genetic fallacy since your just attacking the source of a claim rather than the substance of the claim. If any other Youtuber did the same exact thing that Preach did, which isn't too difficult to do by the looks of it, would you be making the same claim?
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    The only lies here are the bullshit coming from you. RBG appears to be immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Casualization during mid-WotLK was when WoW went into decline. You decide? Cataclysm was just that -- a huge disaster.
    WAT? LOL dude, this game start to lose players on cataclysm and the "bring back difficult" core players was asking on the time. Mid WotLK till start of cata was the pinacle of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    WAT? LOL dude, this game start to lose players on cataclysm and the "bring back difficult" core players was asking on the time. Mid WotLK till start of cata was the pinacle of the game.
    mid wotlk was also when they boosted everyone to ICC for free and then everyone ran out of content they had to make ruby sanctum, basically starting going down hill from there - if it wasn't for ICC epicness and casuals grinding gunship for that trinket imo it would of been sooner.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

LFD was added because usage of heroic 5 mans in Wrath sucked before it was added. LFD is not something that was or is optional, as other MMOs released since then discovered.
    So content is doomed to be watered down faceroll so we can get in the dungeon without pressing a key?

Not sure how it's possible to think something like this. I guess you're part of the player base that wants gear mailed to them from the current raid every tuesday.

Are you the paladin who posts on the official forums?
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...48?page=20#394
    Is this your idiotic post?
    Talking about PVP:
    No, actually having a high skill ceiling is bad for the game too. It basically turns the game into an exercise that frustrates most people who play it, just to entertain the upper fringe of the player distribution.

The function of a successful MMO is to flatter most players into thinking they are better than they actually are. Content that delivers an honest message about how skillful they really are is the opposite of that.
    ^ About PVP
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-05-09 at 02:15 AM.