Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    If you want to live longer, have more energy, and save animals, the vegan diet is not for you.

This diet is notoriously deficient in a host of nutrients, to the point of developing mental disorders. Also, many, many animals die as a result of plant agriculture due to land clearance, monocrops, and farming machinery.
    Exactly this. Vegan people seems to forget that through machines a lot of animals die too. Also there is always the idiotic response that if everyone goes vegan, we could feed more people. That's BS. In a lot of regions a lot of crops simply cannot grow; in most cases it's only grass, and that's something that humans cannot digest.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And TE, please don't go being a preaching vegan.
    You mean, unlike the people who came to this thread only to mock veganism and preach meat-eating? ^^

The hardest part of going vegan is convincing yourself it is a good idea, so start by telling everyone you know and don't know, inanimate or otherwise, that you are going vegan and just assume a half decent percentage of them are approving of your brave and noble decision for you to forget that it's probably a waste of your time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    You mean, unlike the people who came to this thread only to mock veganism and preach meat-eating? ^^
    It's not like the two ideologies have equivalent value.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewOU2015 View Post
    Hey guys,

Someone on my Facebook who recently linked an article on ways to go vegan. The article is old but it kind of made me want to try a vegan diet. I also watched some videos and saw how bad animals are treated. I want to live longer, have more energy and help the environment and my body, any tips on how to start a vegan diet?
    Well, first let's get rid of a couple myths:
    - A vegan diet won't make you live longer
    - A vegan diet won't give you more energy

That said, a vegan diet can be a very good choice, and is generally better for the environment than mixed food diets (but not nearly as much as vegans claim).

Make sure you keep a good variety on your vegan diet. If you don't maintain a great vegan diet, you will find yourself deficient in several important nutrients (e.g. B12, calcium, iron, zinc, A and D) as the vegan foods with those elements are uncommon and/or harder for a human to get those nutrients out of plant based foods.

So, by all means head into a vegan diet, but just make sure you put enough effort into it that you actually realize the benefits you are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    It's not like the two ideologies have equivalent value.
    They have equivalent annoyance. If you claim your way is the right way and mock everyone who thinks differently, you're mindlessly preaching your belief (for whatever reason), no matter if it's veganism or meat-eating.

Extremism is bad, simple as that. I'm completly ok with people eating meat, I eat it myself. But complaining about vegans and mocking them and then doing exactly the same thing you complain/mock about only with meat is just bullshit, especially in a thread that is in no way about veganism vs meat eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    My canine teeth trump your delusion.
    He's taking issue with the "design" rather than the "don't eat meat" part I think.

The amount of misinformation in here is disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by Guyv3r View Post
    1. Stop breathing (poor animals need oxygen too)
    2. ??
    3. Profit
    Exactly this.

Quote Originally Posted by Xirrohon View Post
    The amount of misinformation in here is disgusting.
    The amount of vagueness in this post is reprehensible.

First you have to tell everyone you're a vegan, then everything else while still telling everyone you're a vegan.

Start off by telling every one, so they know you are now better than them. Then begin buying a bunch over over priced flavor deficient shit food. THen as your skin color pales and your muscles weaken espouse your love for your new eating habits at every turn, make sure even strangers know you are a herbivore now.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I'd recommend starting out with going vegetarian. If you've been eating meat previously, it should be a bit of a challenge while not being too overwhelming. You can still eat pretty much everything ... except meat. I know it sounds stupid, but seriously: you can go to any restaurant and just eat a pizza or pasta or whatever, as long as it doesn't have meat in it. It's very easy, and I can honestly say that as a vegetarian for almost 20 years, I've never felt the desire to eat meat. I fulfill my "savory" cravings with good eggs, milk, mushrooms, onions, etc.

Being vegan is much more difficult, because milk, cheese and egg are hidden in SO many products and meals. If you wanna be serious about it, you need to become pretty "investigative". Personally, I'd find that too much trouble. But I can genuinely tell you that being vegetarian is super easy, even when eating out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    I hate how they bring up the necessary amount of water to raise cattle.... Like... people need to stop being all derpy about water conservation.

There isn't this magical sphere of water that the whole world draws from. Water tables are localized. Like, nothing pisses me off more than going to somebodies washroom and encountering unflushed piss. Refusing to flush that piss, will not under any circumstance lead to children in Africa having more potable water. Donating to a charity that builds water treatment facilities in Africa will. You're just being an asshole that wants everybody else to see a puddle full of your own piss.
    If its yellow let it mellow, if its brown flush it down.

Honestly I do not always flush piss, unless its that early morning flavor of deep yellow and smelly, I have to pay for water after all. I give a shit about conservation, unless its of my money.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Oh come on, a guy is asking for info and he gets 10 replies of ridicule. Are we so insecure of our lifestyle that we need to go all defensive?
    If he came to MMO-C instead of the plethora of websites that would have all the info he claims to want, he knew what to expect. Personally I take it as a veiled troll thread.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    but How to start being a vegan? there are many "levels" of vegan. Some still eat Chicken, others dont but eat fish. some people Are okay with Products OF animals such as Eggs and Milk. So i would if i was you, first start with the "milder" level of being a vegan, if not chicken then still fish. There is a long list of Vegetables, find what you can eat, and, as stupid as it sounds Just eat it..

I'm pretty sure no one would ever call themselves vegan while still eating chicken.

It's pretty simple:

Vegetarian = doesn't eat "dead animals", i.e. meat of any kind. They absolutely do eat animal products though.

(An exception to this are "pescetarians", who are similar, except they still eat fish. IMO fish are animals, but hey. One argument is that fish is healthier than other meat.)

Vegan = eats no animal products at all, so no meat, milk products, eggs, honey. Usually doesn't buy non-edible animal products either, like leather bags.

Deleted
    Here's how: Don't.

Any responses saying a vegetarian lifestyle isn't healthy needs to get off the vegetarian hate train. And "Going vegetarian won't save animals"? Da faq? Yea it will. If 10% of the pop goes vegetarian, there will be 10% less demand, making 10% less animals needed to kill.

Then the best "animals will be overpopulated if we don't eat them" excuse. Not like this planet survived without us eating animals for millions of years or anything...
    Sure, if we don't eat the animals, another animal will, but keep in mind, we are the only species in the world, that can make that choice. Dismissing that fact we have the choice, is just ignorant and stupid.

Now, I am not saying there aren't vegetarians who get upset when people eat meat, but every one that I know personally, understands it is their choice, however, the majority of die hard meat eaters, bash the hell out of vegetarians.

My girlfriend has been vegetarian for 5+ years, and doesn't lack in anything. There is simply no meat that has nutrients you can't get from something vegetarian. And interestingly enough, other foods have MORE nutrients than most meat.

Vitamin A? Carrots, Squash, Cantaloupe, and bell peppers

Vitamin B? Soy Milk (which is her drink of choice)

Vitamin C? Easy

Vitamin D? Easy

Iron? Nuts, Greens, Rice, Tofu.

Calcium? Soy, Almonds, Dark Leafy, Soymilk

Protein? Easy

Zinc? Soy products, cheese, nuts

Omega 3? Flaxseed

I know the OP is talking about Vegan, but honestly, Vegan isn't too much different based on what I have listed here. Just cut out the cheese.

If this diet doesn't sound appetizing, don't go vegetarian.

I also still eat meat fyi. But I eat it more as a flavor enhancer than a main dish. I do agree with the motion that meat should be less than 33% of every meal though. (no steak, no fried chicken, no fish fry, and no 1/2 lb burgers)

Deleted
    Well unless you are a condescending jerkass who feals superior to every other human being you can't really be a proper vegan. Vegetarian might work, but definitely not vegan.

And this is why meat eaters often hate on vegans as mentioned above by xazrael. Cause they get epileptic seizures if they don't rub in your face their percieved superiority on a regular (every five minutes or so) basis.

Vegans seem they're like 1 bad day away from having an eating disorder.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised people didn't see through the troll